Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 03-10-2008, 11:19 PM   #1  
Holly

Default looking for a buddy

Hi everyone,

I'm back again. I was here in early 06, to lose pregnancy weight...and then found out that I wasn't losing because I was pregnant with my second child.

Well, he's about to turn two next month, and I don't really have an excuse for being the weight I am anymore.

Right now, I'm guessing I weigh around 165-168lbs. I know that isn't very large. However, I know I'm capable of getting bigger...

When I was in high school, I weighed 115-120lbs, After 3 years of college, I weighed 135-140. Got married. After being married for 2 years, I was at 182lbs.
I was frustrated at my size 12 pants (again, not a "big" size, but much bigger than the 5's that I had worn just five years earlier.) Then, I went to buy some new pants, and couldn't fit into any twelves. My chest has always been disproportionately large, so extra-large shirts wouldn't fit. I was in tears. I knew that something had to change, Not only had I gained seventy pounds in five years, but forty of that had been in the last two years.
To make a long story short, I lost fifty pounds on the Richard Simmons food mover plan. I had been on the plan for close to 2 years when I got pregnant. I gained way too much weight when I got pregnant, and only managed to get myself down to about 160 before I got pregnant with my second child a little over a year later.

The scale is starting to go up again, and I am scared. I don't want to keep going and going. I know I'm capable of being 200, 300lbs or more. I know that it's just one bag of chee-toes or one box of cookies too many and I'm there.

I need a buddy. Or twelve. Preferably someone who is counting calories, or doing weight watchers or some kind of exchange system. Something that requires planning meals out, and thinking about what you're eating...
I'm looking for accountability with exercise and with eating.
I need to get this thing started, and lose some weight - let me know if you're interested!

Last edited by shrinkingme; 03-10-2008 at 11:21 PM.
shrinkingme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2008, 07:41 AM   #2  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

Height: 5'3"

shrinkingme, welcome back!

The great thing about 3FC is that you always have buddies here--especially on the Weight Loss Support forum. We're open 24/7.

You have lost before, and you know you can lose again. You probably have also realized that the challenge is keeping weight off once you've lost it. Stick around! Hang with the folks on 3FC. We know where you're coming from.

Jay
JayEll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2008, 08:32 AM   #3  

Hi
Good luck to you, I am trying to lose 10lbs (15 would be a dream) from post pregnancy weight.
Mayson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2008, 09:51 AM   #4  
No surrender, no retreat

S/C/G: 170/148! :D /134

Height: Vertically comfy 5'2"; horizontally challenged

Ooo, ooo, pick me, pick me!! I'll be yer buddy. I'm also trying to lose 30+ lbs. (some from last kid who is now 11 ) and some from wt I gained to keep the 1st 15 company.

I count calories - which I find easiest. I eat real food 'cause I'm a real person. I aim for lotsa protein, veggies, good fats and good carbs. I eat bread and pasta, just not everyday and I make it whole wheat. Ever tried wraps or tortillas filled w/chicken and onions and peppers and some lf sour cream and some lf sharp cheddar? Yummy and filling. I read labels. I try to squeeze in the most nutritious food w/the fewest cals that will fill me up. I thinking snacking is not just for kids. Plan, plan, plan and things will fall into place. Yes, yes drink lots of H2O. I exercise as much as I can but vary it everyday. TM (usually intervals), yoga, wts, stability ball, pilates. Somedays walking the dog is all I can get in. Other days I'll do 3 different things in one day. It all adds up in the end.

I'm on my 3 time losing the exact same wt. I also left here when I gained it back last time. Felt too loser-ish to post. I'm trying to overcome that and post when things are bad or if I gain or eat a whole bag of something (ok, that hasn't happened yet but never say never ).

Stick around. We're all in the same boat and we all get it.

Last edited by Hat Trick; 03-11-2008 at 09:52 AM.
Hat Trick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2008, 01:16 PM   #5  
Holly

I also eat carbs...and try to make them count.

Funny thing - I actually bought this tshirt that says "I eat carbs" and has a donut on it. Then I realized that I was probably strengthening the idea of a no carb lifestyle.

Thing is, 160 is a plateau for me. Always has been. It's going to be hard to get past that. But I'm willing to be in this for the long haul.
Old 03-11-2008, 01:29 PM   #6  
needs constant reminding

S/C/G: 164/maintenance since 8/08

Height: 5'4"

Hi! I've found this site while looking for some inspiration to lose my 35-40 lbs that I gained during my third pregnancy and never took off (baby now 22 months).
I've gotten used to being asked if I'm pregnant again. That saddens me.

Here's some good news: I actually stayed true to myself and my quest for weight loss yesterday!!!! I've had false starts for about 1.5 years (no joke) but cave in to bad choices by 10am daily--- until yesterday!!!!!

whoooohoooo
kittycat40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2008, 01:42 PM   #7  
No surrender, no retreat

Kittycat -- congrats! One day a time gets you to where you're going.
Old 03-12-2008, 12:07 AM   #8  
Holly

Hi kitty - welcome

Hat trick is right - the important thing is to keep trying. I'm kind of where you are right now. My kids are so nuts, I just end up curling up at the computer with a bag of cheetoes to keep from going insane. And then I want to start over. I feel like the little orphan Annie...always hanging my hopes on tomorrow.

Funny thing though. I'm starting my diet *drumroll please* tomorrow!

ha ha! I have a wonderful excuse, do you want to hear it? See, I wasn't really prepared to find buddies so quickly, and I wanted to start after I found my buddy. (Don't you like that excuse? It's good.)

So anyway, I also want to be good and do my measurements and take photos for my good before shots. Hubby is going to do that in a bit.

I'm going to take off - still have to clean my kitchen from dinner. And I'll do an actual weigh in tomorrow am so I'll know where I really am. (scared of this. I have a vague memory of girl scout cookies somewhere in my recent past.)
Old 03-12-2008, 09:29 AM   #9  
No surrender, no retreat

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrinkingme View Post
Hi kitty - welcome

So anyway, I also want to be good and do my measurements and take photos for my good before shots. Hubby is going to do that in a bit.
Your husband is going to do this? Wow, you are so brave!
Old 03-13-2008, 01:11 AM   #10  
Holly

Ha ha! Well, we've been together for nine years, and have two children together. I doubt there is any shred of modesty or privacy left! I actually fell asleep last night before I could do the measurements. But I did get on the scale this morning. 167.5, so half a pound less to go than I'd thought.

Hubby is good. He's annoying - skinny skinny skinny and from a skinny family. He doesn't understand weight gain. But he'll support me as best he can, I suppose. Which includes measuring and taking before photos!