Closed Thread

Old 05-17-2002, 10:18 AM   #1  
Mother Hen

Default The Thin Group #81

Hello and welcome to the Thin Group! We are a great group of ladies (but men are welcome if there are any who care to join us) who have one thing in common. We are all working together toward our goal of being healthier in our daily lifestyles and to lose weight in 2000. There are all different ages and backgrounds here and we all have different ways of losing our weight. We all love to have fun and laugh, but we also give a lot of support, encouragement and motivation for one another. Please feel free to post with us - just jump right in and believe me, you will be welcomed with open arms. The more the merrier!

Please feel free to check out our website and learn more about us at: www.geocities.com/hotsprings/sauna/4797

And that is TODAY for me!
Old 05-17-2002, 10:27 AM   #2  
Mother Hen

Default I DID IT AGAIN!

GOOD MORNING!

It's so slow around here these days. No rush to start the new thread like in the old days. Just when I'm really getting in the groove and losing weight and hoping for a little competition, no-one is around to give me a run for my money, so to speak! AWWW come on, you guys!

231 this morning! soooo slow, but still going in the right direction.

Hey, Reg, Carolyn, sure is good to see you again. Tell Johanna Hi for me too. We have missed you two. Glad you're back.

Hugs, Judy
Old 05-17-2002, 03:25 PM   #3  
Conquering with SBD

Just popping in for a moment to share a poem that was just sent to me:

Now I lay me down to sleep.
I pray the Lord my shape to keep.
Please no wrinkles, please no bags-
And, please lift my butt before it sags.
Please no age spots, please no gray-
And, as for my belly, please take it away.
Please keep me healthy, please keep me young-
And, thank you Dear Lord for all that you have done!

Have a great weekend everyone.
Old 05-20-2002, 11:27 PM   #4  
Taking It A Day At A Time

Default I am here too!

Hi everyone,
Yes I did promise CJ I would post soon and here I am guys. Thanks for missing me so much guys. I love each and everyone of you as well. I have just been so busy going going going this past month.

Let's see I went to Michigan the day after the last time I posted. Than on to Florida for my brother Skip's son, Jim to Katia who was a beautiful, warm and wonderful girl from Brazil. Had so much fun at that wedding with the whole family there. Chrissy and Emily were there too, her other daughter, Ellen had her classes for college and couldn't miss any of them. I will try to get some pictures on here if I can of our wonderful trip. It was a beautiful wedding, they got married at a beach club in Del Rey Beach, Florida overlooking the ocean. I had never seen a more beatiful wedding in my entire life. Everything was so elegant and it was a special time indeed. Especially since my whole family was there. Kelly came from Indianapolis and other daughter, Tracy, my Air Force one came in from Fort Walton Beach to be there too. My son's Dan and Al were there as well. It just was so great to be there with those you love. Chrissy had a good time too and it was fun just to laugh as much as we did. We stayed at the hotel for the beach club and it was a tropical wonder. So much eating and drinking though, and my scale showed it. I had gained several pounds and am now working to get it all off. So many parties, one night a Cuban dinner at their friends house than the next a Brazilian one at my brother and his wife's house. Than the wedding and than a brunch on Sunday and not to mention all the eating we did out too. Oh well working on all of it now.

The night we came back my youngest son, Alan had to leave for basic training for the Air Force in San Antonio, Texas. I really miss him, but am going with Ken and meeting my other AF daughter, Tracy and her fiance, Brett there to see Al graduate on his special day. We are going from June 12th thru the 16th and on my birthday June the 15th, he will get his 1st pass to go off base so we will all have to go out to dinner to the Riverwalk they have there. Should be fun I can't wait. I am pretty proud of my 2 air force children and will have to take some great pictures of both of them and try to attach them to this.

Oh yes on Mother's Day my oldest daughter graduated from Indiana University in Indianapolis with her degree in Elementary Education after 8 years of hanging in there. I am so proud of her as well. She has now taken over the 5th grade teacher she student taught for that is now on maternity leave. She will be looking for a regular teaching job when over the summer. I am so happy she hung in there like she did and got that degree.

Also on June 6th I am going to visit my girlfriend in Phoenix for a few days. I have never been to her place since her and her family moved there a couple of years ago. I am going to enjoy that trip as well, and no sooner will I get back and than it is time to start packing again for San Antonio a few days later.

Also my Tracy is home on leave and I am taking her to see my Dad, Papa in the nursing home. She hasn't seen him since he went in there this year. So we are going to surprise him and go to Michigan this Thursday for a few days and I will get to see Chrissy and Emily and Ellen as well. We are bringing my brother, Jerry too.

Anyways that is what has been happening in my life. Oh yes I had a wonderful time at dinner a couple of weeks ago with CJ and hubby, Dick. We had a good time laughing and the guys, Ken and Dick were just chatting away like the long lost friends that they seem to be. LOL We met at Logans Steakhouse and had a good visit with both of them. See Carol, I did post as I promised.

But I am going to work on my weight, I know it is hard with all the traveling I am doing but will try my best. I also had let my exercise go somewhat and was not as dedicated to that, as well as drinking my water ect. So let's see what will happen when I do.

I think this is going to be too long so I will end this now and post again with my individual posts for all of you wonderful ladies. I have missed you loads and love you all as I said before. This group means so much to me and I am glad we are all coming back. Now if we could get everyone else back such as my sister in law, Chrissy-I will have to work on that one when I see her in Michigan and Sandi and Gail as well. Hey guys come on back, we miss you all so much.

Talk to you in a few, Love you, Sassy Sharon
Old 05-21-2002, 12:27 AM   #5  
Taking It A Day At A Time

Default Here you go guys!

Hi guys,
Now to the each and everyone of you's. First of all Judy had asked if The Thin Group was dying out. I don't think that it is honestly. We can't let it guys. I am back and even though I have been traveling and will be as well I still will try to post whenever I can, even if just a line or two like you guys do. Thanks for keeping up the homefront guys. Jello, Peggy, Judy and CJ and everyone else who have been posting when they can. Yes you are right Judy, we have been through too much together all these years. I think it has been over 3 yrs for me since I first found this wonderful group. Everyone get in here and let us know you are still alive and kicking guys. WE MISS YOU! Thanks to everyone who has missed me, I missed each and everyone of you's and thanks to Judy, CJ and Peggy especially.

Judy-Good for you starting the new thread. I knew you could do it and I know it feels great doesn't it? Now you get to be BRATTED to kingdom come. LOL BRAT BRAT BRAT and more BRAT! Doesn't that feel good too? It sounds like you are doing better and that boarder/handyman you have living there is a blessing I'll bet around the place. Wow good job, you sure are going in the right direction arn't you? I am so proud of you girlfriend. How did you daughters court date go on May the 6th. Did you go to it or maybe you didn't feel like going. I am sorry for all you have had to go through. ((((((((((((((((((HUGS)))))))))))))))))))))

Mary Kay-Hey there, glad to see you still around as well. So sorry about you Mom and she will be in my thoughs and prayers too that your Mom gets her kidney transplant and they will let you do it when the time is right. Hang in there MK and I know you are there for your Mom too.

Sweet Tooth-Wow way to go on your weight loss. My gosh you sure have been doing wonderful and to think that your jeans are that small. I could only wish I could be that small and have a problem finding ones small enough to fit. YOU GO GIRL! Don't be lonely Peggy I am here and soon some more ladies will join me. RIGHT LADIES? I sure hope so cause I miss you so much too.

Jello-Oh Jo don't feel so bad, I think I got you beat in that department. You said you have been a member for a couple years? Well I have been in around 3 years and Ken and I figured with the $ I spend in this program the last few years we could have had a cruise for all I have spend on the meeting fees. LOL You are NOT I repeat NOT a quitter. I have often though about dropping out of the program as well and don't ask me why I don't but I just am staying and hope I get on the ball to get all the way down where I should be. But you can do it ANYWAY you want to Jo. Whatever way works best for you should be the way you do this. I know you can do this cause you have all the good habits like drinking the water and counting points ect so you can do this, just keep at it.

Carolyn/CH-You have also done an amazing job on the WW program, wow 34 lbs is great and is about what I have lost so in MUCH less a time than I have so kudo's to you for all you have accomplished.

CJ-Hi Carol, so good to see you when we all met for dinner. I guess there is no chance of getting together this time around since you are going to the cabin. But oh well, that is alright and I loved seeing you again when we did. Thanks for the email and will send one back at you soon I promise you. Hope Dick will feel better soon and get rid of that gosh darn flu he has.

Regency919-Oh my gosh Carolyn, you sure are a sight for sore eyes. I am so glad you came back to the fold. Missed you and any chance of your sis Joanna coming back as well? Glad you are finally getting your diabetes under control. Keep it all up and soon you will have licked this whole thing. Thanks so much for the imfo in Joanna and Tim and tell her to come back here and post cause we all love here around here. You are still doing awsome in your weight loss and have come so very far. Good for you!

Sylvia-You don't need a butt kicking, cause I think you have been doing really well since losing that weight and being off too. Most people gain when they stay home, so give yourself a big pat on the back. Don't be in a funk, you are doing so well and I am so proud of you too.

Dreamer-Hey Sam, so great to hear from you. Sounds like you are doing really well. Thanks for the update. I just can't belive that Charlotte is already a year old. My gosh it seems like you had her just yesterday. I can't wait till you have the new baby, yes let us know the sex of the baby too. Can't wait to find out. Whatever you have, I am sure it will be so loved as you love Charlotte.

Well time to get off here and get to bed. I am still working for the Early Childhood Longitudal Study and have been going to the local schools in Indianapolis as well as doing the parent interviews so I have been keeping busy between my traveling and the work.

Take care everyone and will talk to you soon.

Love you, Sassy Sharon
Old 05-21-2002, 10:16 AM   #6  
Conquering with SBD

I know it's not Monday (feels like Monday to me, though after the long weekend), but here is something to cheer you up:

MOANDAY: No explanation needed here. I moan just thinking
about it.

TWOSDAY: Second day of the week. I sure could use a double
shot of something.

WHENSDAY: When's this day gonna be over? When it is, we will
be passed the halfway mark!!! Reason to celebrate!

THIRSTDAY: Developing a thirst for the weekend....dreaming
of a Michelob Moment!

FRYDAY: My brain is fried, might as well finish the job....
Lets get drunk!

SADDERDAY: okay...so...too many Michelob Moments last night.
What's even sadder, my wife locked me out of the house and
I had to bunk with the dog. S'okay, got a 12 pack, the dog
doesn't touch the stuff, so its mine...ALL MINE!

SUNDAY: Dang that sun is bright. When did I install a window in
the dog house!

I am not being very good on my weight loss program. Just kind of hanging in there - no gaining, but not losing, either. That's not a bad thing, but I would like to lose the last 10 pounds.

This weekend we will be going to Calgary to get away from everything. I'm not sure whose idea that was because we don't have anyone at home anymore, but it sounds good. Hubby has a conference in Calgary next week, so I am planning to stay there for the 3 days of the conference and catch up on some school work. Also need to get together with his SIL there to finish planning his mom's 90th birthday party next month. We're thinking about a family golf tournament (oh yeah, she goes golfing every day), and a few other things. If anyone has any ideas, please share.

Well, gotta run here. I have to get busy at work...
Old 05-21-2002, 10:47 AM   #7  
Mother Hen

GOOD MORNING!

Sharon,{{{{{{BIG HUGS}}}}} SOOOOO GOOD TO SEE YOU AGAIN!

Now all the rest of you old timers, get your buns back here and post!

When my daughter went to court on May 6th, there was a bench warrant for the arrest for everyone who had been in the cell she was in, for a big fight. One of the girls got beat up pretty bad and so everyone there at that time was put back in jail until the facts could be sorted out. She is out again, (Thank Goodness, she had nothing to do with the fight), I have no idea where she is living, but do know that she is supposed to be working at Pizza Hut. I have heard through the grapevine that she is doing well and is OFF all drugs! I pray that is true!

My granddaughter, Allura, scored 100 on both Reading and Math on the TAAS test. I'm really proud of her. She wants to come up here for the Summer, but both my son and I have told her no. I would sure like to see her for a couple of days though.

My DIL has a new job. Don't remember if I told you or not. She is in charge of purchasing for all the shops at the Houston Airport. Can't remember what her title is. She has a staff and a big office all her own. That young lady is doing just great. My son, Dean, has changed his rate in the Navy. He is now officially a computer geek! HaHa He will be going to Great Lakes for some training in a month or so. He is working on his Bachelors Degree in Computers all the while he is in the Navy.

Well, (DRUM ROLL PLEASE), I WEIGH 229 NOW!!!!!!!! Didn't think it would ever happen, but everyone is beginning to notice now. Sure is a good feeling to have someone tell me that I look skinny! HaHa

Talked to my younger sister on the phone a few days ago and told her I was going to box up all my clothes that are too large for me and send them to her. She says she feel like Christmas is coming!

Hugs, Judy
Old 05-23-2002, 12:45 AM   #8  
"Hyatt Regency"

Hi Ladies!!!

I am off to bed in just a few minutes.... I haven't been on the computer since last week so I thought I would check my mail and see whats going on here....

Its good to see you too Sassy... I am so glad that you had a wonderful time in Florida... sounds like a grand time at the wedding and with the family... I will tell Joanna everyone says hi.... and I will try and talk to her about posting...

I am on my way to Kentucky Friday after work until Wednesday... Joanna called me this morning at 9:30 and her and Tim were headed south on I-75 on their way to Jacksonville, Florida.. Tim's mother lives there are they are going there for a long weekend and won't return until late Monday evening... so I will see Joanna then and probably when I leave in the morning on Tuesday... we are trying to get together a Newsletter for our family... its a slow process but we are doing it.... we did a few back in 1999 and 2000 but ran out of time in the latter part of 2000 and all of 2001 until now.....

I am getting really sleepy now so I will sign off for now... I have to admit it certainly is alot slower here than it used to be but you know what? I am keeping up now!!!!!

Everyone take care and have a wonderful holiday...

Love..... Carolyn
Old 05-23-2002, 12:51 AM   #9  
"Hyatt Regency"

Hi Again Ladies....

I thought this would be appropriate for Memorial Day....

TAPS

It's the song that gives us that lump in our throats and usually tears in our eyes. But, do you know the story behind the song?
If not, I think you will be interested to find out about its humble
beginnings. Reportedly, it all began in 1862 during the Civil
War, when Union Army Captain Robert Ellicombe was with his men near Harrison's Landing in Virginia. The Confederate Army was on the other side of the narrow strip of land.
During the night, Captain Ellicombe heard the
moans of a soldier who lay severely wounded on the field.
Not knowing if it was a Union or Confederate soldier,
the Captain decided to risk his life and bring the stricken man back for medical attention.
Crawling on this stomach through the gunfire, the Captain reached the stricken soldier and began pulling him toward his encampment. When the Captain finally reached his own lines, he
discovered it was actually a Confederate soldier, but the soldier was dead. The Captain lit a lantern and suddenly caught his
breath and went numb with shock, In the dim light, he saw the face of the soldier. It was his own son.
The boy had been studying music in the South when
the war broke out.
Without telling his father, the boy enlisted in the Confederate Army. The following morning, heartbroken, the father
asked permission of his superiors to give his son full military burial
despite his enemy status. His request was only partially granted. The Captain had asked if he could have a group of Army band members play a funeral dirge for his son at the funeral.
The request was turned down since the soldier was a Confederate. But, out of respect for the father, they did say
they could give him only one musician.
The Captain chose a bugler.
He asked the bugler to play a series of musical
notes he had found on a piece of paper in the pocket of the dead youth's uniform. This wish was granted.
The haunting melody, we now know as "Taps" ... used
at military funerals was born.

The words are ...

Day is done ...
Gone the sun ...
From the lakes ...
From the hills .
From the sky ...
All is well ...
Safely rest ...
God is nigh .
Fading light ...
Dims the sight ...
And a star ...
Gems the sky .
Gleaming bright ...
From afar ...
Drawing nigh ...
Falls the night ...
Thanks and praise ...
For our days ...
Neath the sun ...
Neath the stars,..
Neath the sky ...
As we go ...
This we know .
God is nigh ...

I, too, have felt the chills while listening to
"Taps" but I have never seen all the words to the song until now. I didn't even know there was more than one verse.
I also never knew the story behind the song and I
didn't know if you had either so I thought I'd pass it along.
I now have an even deeper respect for the song that I did before.

REMEMBER THOSE LOST AND HARMED WHILE SERVING THEIR COUNTRY.

And also those presently serving in the Armed Forces

Love to all....... Carolyn

......and GOD BLESS AMERICA.....

Last edited by Regency919; 05-23-2002 at 12:54 AM.
Old 05-23-2002, 07:00 PM   #10  
Conquering with SBD

tiptoe, tiptoe, tiptoe....ssshhhhh

(whispering) It's soooo quiet in here.

WAKE UP EVERYONE!!!!!

Well, this week is just about gone. One more getup and then it's downhill from there.

For me, this week has been very stressful...trying to balance my regular job with an extra curricular job during work time here. The truth is...I am singing in a band where I work and have 2 gigs this week. For me (who suffers from acute stage fright), this is a very, very, very stressful time. The event that we are singing at tomorrow is expecting from 4000 - 6000 people.

The good part (maybe), is that I haven't had time to eat, and so far show about a 5 pound loss this week. The official WI tomorrow morning will tell the whole story.

The bad news, is that I will be away for 5 days now and hope that I am taking enough discipline to manage the temptations that I experience eating in restaurants. Wish me luck.

Judy - You are sooooo awesome. It was just a few months ago that you were struggling around the 250 mark and mentally trying to accept that you would be happy at that point. Look at you now...229. Yahoo!!! Just think, it won't be long until you are under that 200 pound mark. Way to go....you can do it. Look at what you have done already.

Carolyn - Thank you so much for sharing the information about taps. I went to the memorial service that was held for the Canadians who were killed in Afghanistan and they gave the history about revellry, but nothing about taps. What an awesome piece of information. I didn't know that there were words to the soulful music and have already taken a copy and will keep. Thanks so much.

What a lucky person to be going to Florida for the holiday weekend. The holiday weekend in Canada was this past weekend, so I am afraid that we have had it. However, I am going to Calgary for 5 days this weekend. We wanted to go hiking in Banff on Saturday but Calgary had snow yesterday, so I am thinking that it will be quite cold in the mountains still. On the good side, there is the hot springs pool...

Hope everyone has a great holiday weekend. I probably won't be checking in until late next week unless I get a chance to report my WI tomorrow. Talk to all next week.
Old 05-24-2002, 02:32 AM   #11  

Howdy ladies!

Just popping in for a quick hello! Well, I gave myself a butt kick and am back on track. I've been eating most of my carbs during breakfast and lunch and protein and vegetables for dinner. The weather has been nice so I have been walking more and doing pilates twice a week. I want to be healthy and if I lose weight along the way ... that's OK. I'm thinking about doing water aerobics during the summer, just for some variety but I don't want to feel uncomfortable around people ...I'm trying to get my doctor to recommend a nutritionist (our health insurance covers it) for myself and my husband. We shall see what happens.

I agree with Sharon ... we have been through so much in the past three years to let this group dissapear. We are not only each other's support in weight loss but in the good and the bad. We have all laughed, cried, been frustrated, been successful and even sang Christmas carols( in the "thin group" tradition). I know that I may not post as often as I'd like but I know that I don't know what I would do without the friends I have made on this forum. Bless you all!!!

SHARON!!!- So nice to hear from you!!! You are a busy woman!! Thank you for the pat on the back

Judy- WOOOHOOO!!!! 229!! I know you are going to be strutting around in a bikini very soon!!! Keep up the good work!

Carolyn(Regency)- Thanks for the history of Taps. I never knew there were words to that very emotional melody. Have a good trip. Please tell Joanna I say "hello".

Peggy- Good luck on your gigs!! Don't forget about us when you are famous!!

Sam- Hey chickie! How are ya? I can't believe that Charlotte is a year old! Time sure flies doesn't it? And here you are having another baby!! Cool! Do you know if it's a boy or a girl? let us know.

CJ- We miss you queenie!!! Let us know how you are doing.

Jello- Yooohoooo... how are you my fellow gym rat? I'm sure you are kicking *ss in the gym.

Well ladies ... I'm off to bed. A big hug to all you wonderful women ...Have a great day!

Sylvia

Sy
Old 05-24-2002, 08:40 AM   #12  
Long Lost Chickie

Hello all. I'm here and I do read the posts often often often!! I don't post because I haven't much good to say. Notice I did not say I have NOTHING good to say....

The bad news is that I simply cannot stay OP without the weekly weigh in's. I've considered going back but just don't want to! I'm hoping for some miracle instead. I'm feeling so much less stress because I don't have that scale looming in the distance waiting for me each week. I'm also still putting $10 a week (the money I'm saving by not paying WW) into a vacation fund. But I just find myself eating and not too "healthily" either. I have stepped on the scale and the news was not good.

The good news is that I LOVE going to the gym. I've been having a great time sweating like crazy. Who'd-a-thunk-it!?!?! And it's rubbed off on me. On days I don't go to the gym, I get on my treadmill at home in the morning and instead of doing the little 10 minutes at 2MPH, I do a mile in about 20-25 minutes and only stop because I have to get showered and ready for work!! At the gym, I work on the machines (even know how to get into some of them!!!) and then do half an hour or so on the elliptical machine (my personal favorite). The machines have little TV sets and if you bring your headphones, you can watch. That makes it go so much easier! When I'm done, I'm sweaty and my legs are a little weak but boy do I feel goooooood!!!! Now when I get home, instead of parking myself in front of the TV (and eating) I do laundry or work in the yard or clean or something!!! Love those endorphins!! Dig that metabolism!!!

I was going to go on with more bad news about my jeans feeling tight again but instead I'll end that on a good note. I too am tired of hearing Jo whine!!!

Sylvia - Hi gym rat! Hope you're loving it as much as I am!

Sweet Tooth - You're a singer!??! Cool!! I personally can't carry a tune in a bucket. Ooh, but in my favorite fantasies, I'm a rock and roll star! I bet you'll be great! Break a leg.

Carolyn, I'd heard the story of Taps before but reading it again made me cry as usual. Thanks for reprinting it just in time for Memorial Day.

Judy, glad to hear Allura's doing so well! And I hope your daughter's straightened her life out. Actually, my ex used to be a manager for Pizza Hut. Back when they were owned by Pepsico, they were actually a very good company to work for - good pay, great benefits, good working conditions, etc. Hope it works out for her. On a personal note -- YOU'VE DONE GREAT!!!!
Congratulations on your "new number"!!!! Send some of those vibes my way, would you?

Sharon, I was so glad to read a nice long Sassy post!! Do it again real soon, OK??

Better go now. It's going to be a very slow, quiet, loooong day here. Hoping to cut out early. The last few holidays, they've asked for one volunteer to stay and watch the phones while everyone else goes home. I've stayed the last 4 or 5 times. Not this time! I've got places to be and things to do. Hmm, maybe I'll hit the gym before I go home..... Yes, I'm addicted.

Love you guys! Hope you all have a wonderful holiday weekend!
Jo.
Old 05-24-2002, 03:04 PM   #13  
Conquering with SBD

Hi everyone and happy TGIF! Hope everyone is planning to have a great holiday weekend. I'm planning to have one, too, but it isn't a holiday in Canada. I'm just taking one

This week was better for me in the weight loss department. I lost 5 pounds. Here I am, again, yo-yoing on 5 pounds. This 5, though, is about 3 - 4 less than the last yo-yo I was on. The bad news, is that I have not been to the gym for 2 weeks.

Hubby and I have been working so much overtime (about 5 hours everyday and 20 on the weekends), so don't feel much like getting up at 4:30am to go to the gym when we just got to bed. However, after we get home next week, we are determined to get back into the regimen of working out 3 times per week. That should help to stabilize the weight.

Wishing everyone a great weekend, and I will touch base next week.

Bye,
Old 05-24-2002, 03:49 PM   #14  
CJ
Pending Email Confirmation

S/C/G: 184/172/130

Height: 5'4

Hi everyone! Got a few minutes so wanted to stop in and say hi to you all and wish you a great Memorial Day weekend! We are of course at our cabin - I've been busy painting - have more paint on me than what I am painting but this is to be expected! hahaha I am such a messy painter! Hubby always says we need more paint than is needed to make up for what I get on me! LOL We got all the "winter doldrums" cleaned up around here, set up our lawn chairs and patio table, cleaned out the 5th wheel (for company) and are awaiting our son and daughter-in-law and their friends to arrive for the weekend.

As you know, I made the decision to quit going to WW meetings and try the program on my own ... well, so far so good I think ... I still weigh myself on Thursdays, my scale is down 1/2 lb ... I am faithfully journaling everyday - couple days was over my points, but I think I am doing pretty good. I brought my XL Glider up here, and even did 20 minutes on that the other day. If I find myself slipping, I will go back to the meetings, but hopefully I can continue to do it on my own.

Sharon: Sorry too that we won't be in Royal Oak when you are there - say hi to Jerry and Tracey for me ok?

Jo: Shape up there girl - you can stay OP without those meetings - I know you can. Don't slip up and gain back all those lbs you worked so hard to lose!

Judy: Wow girl! You go! You are doing so good with your wt loss - I'm so proud of you. Glad to hear your granddaughter is doing so well. And I hope your daughter is as well.

Peggy: Have a good time on your vacation ... sorry I haven't been journaling online with you ... but, I am journaling in my notebook! Every day! I need to update on my website too ... I'll be back to posting with you too .. soon.

Slyvia: good job on the walking and pilates ... glad to see you posting among us again ... one of these days we are all gonna get rid of these "extra" lbs, but will still have to come and post - we are all "old-time" friends by now.

Carolyn (regency): Say hello to Joanna please and give her a big hug for me! Tell her to write sometimes ... I miss her! Have a good time in Kentucky!

Sandi: I see you sign on sometimes on MSN messenger - pop in and say hello sometimes - and please stop in and post with us - you are missed. My MSN name is cjlem ([email protected]) if you wish to add me to your list.

Carolyn: Where are you? Are you on a vacation? How are you doing at WW? You have done so good - Keep up the great work - we can't quit now!

Well, need to run now ... Have some curtains to I want to start sewing on to replace some "yucky green ones I hate. I'll post again soon .... Have a great weekend!

Love, CJ

Last edited by CJ; 05-24-2002 at 03:53 PM.
Old 05-28-2002, 10:19 AM   #15  
Long Lost Chickie

Hello and happy Monday.... Wait! It's Tuesday!!! OK, I feel better already.

Rich and I spent the weekend laying ceramic tiles on the counters and floor of the kitchen. We had a few problems (surprise surprise) and didn't get completely done. Everything still needs to be grouted but it looks pretty good if I do say so myself. And I do. Starting to look like a kitchen again!! Problem is we can't walk on the floor for a couple days so we can't get to the basement (have to go through the kitchen) and I think I left my lab coat in the laundry room down there. Now I can't go back into the labs here (coats are specially ESD coated) unless I borrow someone's lab coat. Oh well, guess I'll just have to hang around my desk and post to you guys.

Anyway, I'm sore as all heck today. But I'm still going to the gym after work. I went on Friday when I left work at 3:00 and got in an hour or so. It was nice and quiet and uncrowded there. I like it that way. No waiting for my beloved ellipical machine.

As of this morning I'm (FINALLY ) back OP. Pants are tight and scale is unfriendly so I've got to get back into counting points and drinking water and cutting out all the junk and snacking. Hope this lasts. I'm not carrying loose change anywhere near the cafeteria anymore. It keeps jumping from my pockets into the vending machines. Can't explain it!

Quick story. I called my dentist this morning to make an appointment. I explained that I hadn't been there in 5-6 years but wanted to return. She found my old records and said I couldn't come in until I'd paid the $642 in outstanding bills. Huh!?!?! Yep. Guess who! The ex! I explained the situation to her, gave her my new name, address, etc. and made her swear that old scumball wouldn't get hold of that information. How does one wrack up $642 in unpaid dental bills!?!?!? Hope he wasn't trying to bill my old insurance company!! What a loser.

I'd better go. I hear my name being mentioned in my boss's office and that can't be good. Talk to you all again soon!

Much love, Jo.
Closed Thread