Closed Thread

Old 03-11-2008, 01:45 AM   #1  

Height: 5'1"

Smile Weight Loss and Chitchat # 290

Hello and to the Jaded Ladies site!

We are a group of ladies that come here for support and encouragement on our weight loss struggles, and we also find time for some chitchatting. So please, won't you join us? New members are always welcome.
Old 03-11-2008, 08:50 AM   #2  

Height: 5'5"

Jane~will be pryaing for both of you today. Hope all goes well.

Francie~good luck with the tests...and the fasting. LOL

sassy~hope you feel better soon!

tired this morning, did not get the second coat on last night, as the temp dropped and the first did not dry completely. will get a second coat on today, then after it dries some, I will bring it inside to finish drying. hoping we get a heat wave soon...this cold is killin' me!

Hugs to all
Old 03-11-2008, 10:46 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 148/142/120

Height: 5'NOTHING

Yes, a heat wave would be nice. I heard it's supposed to get up to 40 by the weekend. Party, party, party if it does!
Old 03-11-2008, 11:36 AM   #4  
I can dream, can't I?

Morning ladies..We are actually supposed to see 50's this week. So far it hasn't happened. Nothing much going on here today. I did my washing and ironing yesterday. Mopped and dusted over the week-end. So, I am actually looking for something to do today. NOT.

Jane- Add my prayers to the other JL's for you and Neal. The hospital stay won't be too long. Your work will begin when you get him home and have to care for him. So, try to get some rest while you are by his side in the hospital. Let those nurses do the running. Hugs to you both.

Ellen- Sounds like your re-modeling is coming right along. I might have missed it, what flooring did you put down in place of the carpet? You are getting your exercise that's for sure.

Francie- Hope the fasting goes okay and that your blood work does also. I was reading about your annoying neighbors..whew! Hope you can get a house when you move. We lived in Navy housing for awhile in CA, years ago. I loved it and had so many other wives to "gab" with. I remember the wives sitting out in the yard with kiddies playing all around. LOL We had lots of cook-outs with other couples or large groups. Was quite fun. But that was way back in the 60's so I am sure things are different now. People are too busy nowadays....

Marti- I hope you can get back on track and start journaling again. I started that last week, then missed over the week-end. I just can't get things going. Like you, I know very well what I need to do. I hate to keep saying it, but "waiting for walking and biking weather."

Krystal- Like you I am praying for a warm up. It was sunny yesterday, but not as warm as I had hoped. Even the sunshine improves my demeanor however. (except when the sun shines I can see that I need to wash windows) haha

Sassy- Hope you are feeling better.

Mindee and Cristina- Hi to both of you. Have a good day.

Trish- Wow, you did great on your JS. I hope WW goes as well for you.

Thinking of all the JL's. Good day and good week to all.

Took Mom to the Dr. yesterday and they are finally going to give her a nerve blocking shot. Just waiting for the Dr. to call with everything set up. The sooner the better. Only trouble is we have to drive to Indianapolis for the injection instead of his local office. It is worth it to finally try this method.

Going out of town tomorrow for an over night with DH. Meeting his sis and her DH at the riverboat. We are staying all night, but they aren't. Should be fun/relaxing. We had to cancel last time we planned this due to snow. I am doing the ANTI-SNOW dance today. LOL
Old 03-11-2008, 11:43 AM   #5  
I can dream, can't I?

I have the whole crew doing the Anti-snow dance.

Old 03-11-2008, 12:40 PM   #6  

Good Morning!

Sunshine and birds singing this morning! It's been beautiful Spring like weather here in Oregon. But of course the outlook for the rest of the week are clouds and rain.

Sue--I'm such a procrastinator.....and waiting seems to be in my everyday thought process when it comes to doing something that I know I should be doing. And I wonder why I haven't come close to my goal weight!! Keeping fingers crossed that no snow comes your way!!

Krystal--If you get warm weather,.....enjoy every minute of it!

Ellen--How is the remodeling coming? Forgive me for forgetting, but what room are you redoing? Our bathroom is just about done. It's been put on hold until hubby can get some time off...which has been hard lately since he's always gone! Our next room is the kitchen. Then I promised DD that we would paint her bedroom.

Good morning to the rest of you gals out there.

I need to clean up, then pack a lunch before heading off to work. Still walking and trying to eat better. I need to plan my menu for the week. Always helps. See....more things that I know I should be doing because I know it helps! Just gotta do it!

Must get back into the groove!

Ok....best be off.

Have a lovely day ladies.
Old 03-11-2008, 02:40 PM   #7  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Hello ladies...

JANE...thinking of you and Neal today. Charlotte liked both but we are making changes to the bags so everything goes. They go fine now but I am taking the white ribbon out and replacing it with black and then adding some fucshia tissue paper...she ended with the fushia color instead of hot pink so...hoping you get to Katie's shower this weekend and have some fun!

FRANCIE...hoping all goes well with the fasting and the appt. and with NS.

SUE...have a nice overnight with hubby.

Hi to everyone else

I was up bright and early this morning...only it was still dark, lol. I don't like this time change...to early in the year for it. Did most of my exercise this morning...thought I would change it up and do the Denise Austin dvd...man, the strength part is a killer but I got in 65 minutes before heading out to run errands. Went to Hobby Lobby and found a nice wedding frame for J & C, found the fuchsia tissue paper and black ribbon, hoping it's enough. Got the order of candles in today...they were sitting on the porch when I got home, glad it wasn't hot! Found some hersey hugs that are silver and sort of fuschia/hot pink...going to try and somehow write or print "Hugs & kisses from the Mr. & Mrs." on the little heart label on the bags...then order the kisses from hersey that say Thank You rather than just married. Anyway...going to help Charlotte more with things...do her invitations for her and then do some ribbons for the pew. Her mother is a mess and can't help...her husband asked for a divorce about 3 or 4 weeks ago and she is a mess so...anyway...enough wedding talk...probably boring everyone with it. Gotta go and finish my exercise...weights, rope and bike and then I am done with it for the day. Have more laundry to do, what a surprise, lol.

Have a good one!

Last edited by FrouFrou; 03-12-2008 at 03:44 PM.
Old 03-11-2008, 02:48 PM   #8  

To all who asked we are redoing the kitchen...we were not planning on doing it so soon, but I got so fed up with the carpet in there that when I found that there was tile underneath I just started pullin git up. After I got the carpet up I realized that they did not follow the pattern on the tile and it looked so funny DH and I had a good laugh about it when I told him. So I priced a different tile to go over it and, found that we could swing it. The floor is a self stick tile, but it is a floating floor as it sticks to itself, and not the floor below it. We picked it because it has a little more cushion, and it is more comfortable to stand on. I am finishing up the baseboards that we decided to replace, and we have compromised with the cabinets to strip then, find new doors and leave it at that. We both would love new cabinets, but simply can't afford them right now.

our next major project will be the bathroom, altho not sure when. In October we will repaint the girls room(first room with color, and not very even) and the kitchen/dinning room. and hopefully I can get him to paint our room as well!

Have to run, will see everyone later. Sorry this is so long...I can get a little wordy. ((hugs))
Old 03-12-2008, 01:49 AM   #9  

Evening ladies...

Just finished my walking/jogging. I actually jogged tonight....I upped my speed so I felt like I needed to jog. It wasn't as bad as I imagined (I hate jogging/running) I was able to power walk, then jog, then power walk and jog. Sweated terribly but boy....what a workout!

Eating was so-so today. I didn't have lunch (didn't get a break until way late and wasn't very hungry by then) and skipping a meal is a huge uh-huh for me! I need to make sure I eat so I don't go overboard at night. (that is where my bad habit of snacking comes in)

Cristina--I'm loving the time change. As I've mentioned earlier...it's Spring like weather already here in Oregon. They had rain in the forecast for today but it ended up staying sunshiny and beautiful. It was too bad that I had to work during most of it!

Ellen--I very much would like to tear up the carpet in our living room. It's an awful color for one, and the original hardwood floors are underneath! I would like to see what condition they're in. If they're not too bad, I'd like to refinish it and leave it wood, but if it looks like too much work.....at least replace the carpet until we can afford to redo the wood. Or something like that.

Hello to everyone else out there!!

Well, time to clean up and sit to a tall glass of water! I'm dehydrated.

Have a good night and I'll check in tomorrow!
Old 03-12-2008, 02:16 AM   #10  
starting over again......

S/C/G: 261.4/261.4/200

Height: 5'4"

just popping in here quickly. I am trying to get to bed earlier then I have been, but I just peeked at the clock and it isn't working so well! I need to work on that now!

I will be on here sometime during the day on Wednesday....usually during nap time, unless I end up taking one as well.
Old 03-12-2008, 03:56 AM   #11  
I was born this way hey!

S/C/G: Not telling/Shh/150

Height: 5'3

Hey everyone!!!

Sue~Its like that still, for some people that is, lol. I dunno..maybe its cuz dh & I are anti social, or maybe its because none of our friends live around us..but we dont sit outside with anyone but each other, lol. But if friends come over, then we'll totally do that. But since we drink, we keep it indoors or hang out on the balcony (well..they drink I dont anymore, lol).

Fasting turned out to be fairly easy. I had major cramps all night long, so by the time I woke up, I felt sick to my stomach. Anyways...The blood test went okay. They filled up about 4 tubes of blood. The guy was messing with me..cuz I put my head back when he brought out the needle. And I told him that I didnt like needles, and he was all.."what about the tattoo on your wrists?" And I was like.."thats a different kind of needle. It doesnt even go into my skin." LoL!! But I did notice that dh had more ribbons than him, so I felt proud of my dh. OH, then afterwards..we went to UPS, and returned the package. We didnt have to pay anything because we never opened it. They just wrote return to sender on it..so now I'm just waiting for them to give us our money back. I'm just so angry at Nutrisystem. NEVER EVER will I sign up for something like that again. However..what do you all think of the Flat Belly Diet? I saw a story on the news tonight about it..and I'm thinking of doing it when dh is gone for 2 months. I was gonna do Alli, but I have no idea where it went, lol. I dunno..I just need to get back on track with stuff. I've been feeling pretty low lately since I keep working out and eating right, but havent lost anything. I think its mostly because of the depression & stress I've been under. But since I've started my new medication, I feel like my old self again. The side effects are even starting to go away, which is good. So I'm hoping that I can get back on track and really push myself to lose more weight. I really really wanna check out the Flat Belly Diet. But I wanna know what other people think of it. Let me know..

Anyways..I've rambled for long enough now. I better go to bed before I lose my connection. Nighty nite!!
Old 03-12-2008, 11:48 AM   #12  
I work with germs!!

Height: 5'2"

I'm back!!!

Yes Jane...I had my eyes done, the reason for being MIA. I was so busy the week before surgery running errands for my mom, getting prespriptions filled and supplies in the house (Jane know exactly what I'm talking about as I see she has been doing the same for Neal's surgery) and working several 12 hr shifts in a row that I meant to stop in the day before surgery but was to wired. Surgery went off well. I had my upper and lower eyes done as well as lipo to my chin and neck and I added lipo to my bra fat and back areas at the last minute and let me tell you ladies....it was brutal. No matter how much weight I lose, I always hold onto the bra fat (I've always called it my extra boobs under my pits). The eyes were a breeze, no pain at all, just a little puffy, bruised but I can really see a difference. Very smooth under my eyes and my daughter has commented on how big my eyes now look without the buldging upper lids. If I was only getting the eyes done, it would be a piece of cake, the added lipo has been the killer. I have to wear a sports bra to compress the area under my pits and back and also a neck compression that straps up on the top of my head. Talk about a bad hair day!!! My visions has been a little blurry because I have to keep ointment on my eye lids, you blink and it's in your eyes. I haven't had much of an appetite, hard to eat with your chin all strapped up. Hey, maybe that's the answer to all our weight loss issues.....just strap your chin up, you can't open your mouth up very wide so it makes it difficult to shove anything in......if only it was that simple Tomorrow will be one week post surgery and I have another week off to heal.

Jane--I hope Neal's surgery went well. I'm sure you will be busy taking care of him. Sending you both hugs

Cristina--I got on here the other day to try to read a few post. It didn't last long because it was difficult to keep my eyes open (Percocet works wonders) but I did see where you were trying to decide on songs. I listened to a few and bawled my eyes out. Gosh, the song "The man you've become" reminds me totally of my Justin. I was thinking of using "My Wish" from Rascal Flatts but may be changing my mine. I've enjoyed reading all about the wedding plans. It will soon be my turn

Well ladies....I've tried to read the last several pages of post to catch up but am too tired now to reply to all. Thinking of everyone and hopefully over the next few days will catch up with ya'll more. Now, I think I'll crawl back to my recliner and take a snooze.

Last edited by sz2atheart; 03-12-2008 at 11:49 AM.
Old 03-12-2008, 02:53 PM   #13  
starting over again......

S/C/G: 261.4/261.4/200

Height: 5'4"

hello ladies...how are you all doing?

nothing new on this end. Brandon and Marissa are sleeping....but I am listening to my puppy, err I mean Logan, barking in his bed room. I did a lot of stuff today.....and all BEFORE Brandon got home from school! Now, I have no idea what in the world I am going to do tomorrow while he is in school!

His teacher sent a note home in response to one that I sent in to her on Monday, I believe it was. Brandon is doing great in school......BUT they are working on getting his thumb out of his mouth! Then she asked me if he sits or stands when using the bathroom. And I got him signed up for the mobile dentist that will be there in May. Then on April 4th, he will be getting his hearing and vision tested!

Tammy~ It is good to hear from you! I am glad that your surgery went well! I have the back fat and the muffin tops really bad! I told Tommy that if I could get lipo done and money wasn't an option, I would get my tummy done, my boobs back where they belong and maybe a little bit perkier, and my thighs done. Every thing else is pretty much work able......oh wait! I forgot about the arms that wave looooong after I have been done waving!
Old 03-12-2008, 04:09 PM   #14  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Hello ladies...

TAMMY...I completely forgot about your surgery, so jealous lady! I want my eyes done! You are going to be one hot mama at the weddings for sure! And yeah, that song gets me too! I don't think it matters what is played, I am going to be a mess. Told DIL to be and DD that I might as well not even do makeup, lol. My baby boy is getting married I'll have to check out that song...I have probably heard it but don't recall.

MINDEE...I've been doing the same. I think I am just about back to my old routine of going to sleep by 11:30-midnight and getting up by 7:30. I like it better because no matter what I do I get my exercise done first, or the majority of it. I think I forgot to answer your question about the wedding planning on the other thread...we are getting things done. Char is coming over Saturday and we are going to get the invitations done and mailed. She was going to wait until April and I told her, rather asked her if that was a little late. She doesn't know anything and then like I mentioned she doesn't feel like she can ask her mom for help because she is a mess with the divorce. I know it's hard but I think she should try to push it aside sort of and think of her daughter...it's her first DD and her first DD's wedding but she is no help. Anyway, I am ordering (and I hope I am not repeating myself, sorry if I am) the circles for the candles and the ribbon with their names and date tomorrow, or tonight...was going to do it today but time got away from me. Can't do the favors, the candles anyway, until I get that stuff. So right now I am helping V with the bestman speech/toast.

FRANCIE...I read about the belly diet in prevention, I get it in the mail...it sounds pretty good and the people seem to have good results.

ELLEN...your kitchen sounds nice, and once it is done I know it will look fabulous! Hey, it's amazing how just refinishing cabinet fronts and doors makes a kitchen look brand new! And just adding new handles and knobs too! Sounds like you guys have lots of projects coming up!

MARTI...the last two days it's been spring like weather but supposed to drop back down in the 50's. I have heard others talking about their tulips already up and it made me think of mine...just checked today and my daffodils around the street sign are coming up and the tulips in the back are too! Don't know where else I planted more, lol. I can't wait for spring though.

Not a lot going on today...did my exercise this morning before heading out to run some errands. Laundry to do and some reading to do and that's about it. The time has gotten away from me and I am only on book three for the month so gotta step it up, lol. I read Water for Elephants and loved it! Now I am reading A Winter Haunting and should be finished with it tonight...so far so good. One of the errands this morning was to the used bookstore...love that place...walked away with lots of books of course. When you walk in they always have 4 shelves of books 10 for $10.00 or $3 each and they are not really old junk so today we actually did get 10. SOmetimes I don't mind the used books because they are in great condition. They do have the new releases as well, so can't beat that. But I need to make a trip to Barnes & Noble. Anywho...

Have a good one ladies!
Old 03-12-2008, 04:58 PM   #15  
I was born this way hey!

S/C/G: Not telling/Shh/150

Height: 5'3

Tammy~You are so lucky!!! Glad it all went well. I wish I could have something done. Some lipo, or a nose & chin job. Dh is against it of course, he thinks I'm perfect as I am. But I hate my nose & chin.

Cristina~I love used books. I mostly go to Goodwill for used books. If I had some money right now, then I'd totally buy some. The book I'm reading now is soooooooooo boring. So I've just been reading all the mags I bought last week. I totally wanna get the belly fat book!! I want to look great when dh comes home after those 2 months.

Anyhoo...I'm gonna go watch the rest of this Lifetime movie. I just love Lifetime movies.
Closed Thread