Old 03-08-2008, 02:06 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 240/ticker/120

Height: 5 foot 4

Default Sweat Until Our Clothes Slide Off! March 10th - 16th

Here is where you can post your workouts it doesn't matter how often or long and what you do for your workouts (chase the dog/cat/kids around the house)
You moved take credit!!
You can be as brief as you want or write a novel.
mezmerize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2008, 02:19 PM   #2  

Height: 5'5"

Still walking 1/2 hour a day and using handweights every other day. Want to try and walk longer, that's my next goal.
PaulaM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2008, 03:48 PM   #3  
The Radiant One

S/C/G: 250/142/135

Height: 5'2"

Hi all!
Glad to see you posting Mez - hope the recovery is going well.

I got up early to do exercise this AM. My folks are in town and knew I wouldn't do it later, so I did Cardio Overdrive Express - which is a 30 minute workout.
fiberlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2008, 07:21 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 256/203/150

Uhhhhh....how do I begin on this thread? I am currently working out on Monday, Wednesday and Fridays. I try to move every single day but I haven't done so well on the non gym days. I guess I need a little motivation. I try to eat healthy by following YOAD but that thread has pretty well died down a bunch. I have about 86 more pounds I would like to lose.
Iwanawurkit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2008, 12:58 PM   #5  
Make it to the moon...

S/C/G: 5/8/19: 319/254.0/150.0

I did an ab workout early this morning because I couldn't sleep. I'm supposed to swim after school, but am so exhausted (after only getting three hours of sleep) that I don't know if it's a good idea to be in the pool by myself. Although, it may wake me up.
KimL1214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2008, 02:28 PM   #6  
The Radiant One

Today I did Hi Def Sculpt by the Firm.

Last edited by fiberlover; 03-10-2008 at 02:29 PM.
Old 03-10-2008, 05:19 PM   #7  

PaulaM – Kudos on your walking and planning your future walks.

Fiberlover – Kudos to you for planning your workout! Have a great time with your folks. WTG on continuing to work it!

Iwanawukit – WELCOME!! LOL love the name! You can start when you like… if you would like to log your fitness daily or weekly it doesn’t matter whatever works for you! I look forward to reading your post.

KimL1214 – Eeek that isn’t nearly enough sleep! After I get in a good swim I’m wiped out. I hope you are not coming down with something. Take care rest!

As for me I’m med free so far today.(I hate how they made me feel spacey and dazed) I did 1 mile WATPs. I’m sore but nothing I can’t handle. Now at bedtime it maybe a different story. So I’ll take them if needed. I can really feel the staples pulling when I’m walking I can’t wait to get them off. (Thursday) Other than that just plugging away trying to stay good and push myself to move my bum. You guys have kept me busy writing names of future workout dvds. Take care
Old 03-10-2008, 06:18 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 305/300/1-236/2-180

Height: 5' 6"

So far today I walked 1 mile...I am hoping to walk another 2-3 miles later on tonight.
Rayelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2008, 09:53 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 256/203/150

I did 20 mins. on the eliptical, 35 mins. on the weight machines and finished up with 15 mins. on the treadmill.

Thanks for the welcome Mezster! I was sweating so much.....I didn't wear my coat when I left the gym this morning. I used to never sweat but now I get the heart rate up until I do.

I have gotten a little careless with my food choices here lately so I am trying to get back on the wagon. Have a great week everyone and I will post tomorrow. :0
Iwanawurkit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2008, 10:38 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 267/see ticker/150

Ok, I started out this morning by doing 2miles with WATP weight loss walk ( actually, the DVD is 3 miles, but, I didn't have time for all 3). Then this evening, as I stated on another post, I joined Tae kwan do, and went for the very first time tonight. That was a killer workout!!! WOW! I hurt from sore muscles already, can't imagine what tomorrow will be like... but, the people there are so encouraging, even for someone my size, they accommodate me! It was great fun, and I think it will help me with my discipline ( badly needed, believe me!)! Plus, the horses always need feeding, and carrying hay is no picnic this winter. So I sweated my clothes off ( or wish I did, I stunk after that workout, literally!!!!).

Last edited by luckyducky; 03-10-2008 at 10:42 PM. Reason: spell check is a feature I often forget, but, there is no other word for sweated!
luckyducky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2008, 11:50 PM   #11  

Height: 5'7"

I started a new walking program today that combines interval walks, endurance walks and strength training (6 weeks long). I haven't been consistent in my exercising lately and I hope by pushing myself to finish this (6 weeks isn't that long) that it will become more of a habit by the end.

So for today, I did 15 minutes of strength training (mostly lower body), followed by 30 minutes on the treadmill. My clothes aren't quite sliding off, but I did work up a good sweat.

Last edited by hautbois; 03-10-2008 at 11:51 PM.
hautbois is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2008, 08:56 AM   #12  

Rayelle – WTG on your walking. Do you listen to music while you walk?

Iwanawurkit – Nice workout! I love a good sweat!

Luckyducky – I really like the WATP just for that very reason you can do as many miles time allows. It makes one feel good knowing they did x amount of miles. Tae Kwan Do is a really good workout! I use to take lessons as a kid. FUN!! There was someone here that did that for fitness and lost over 100+lbs.

Hautbois – The walking program sounds very interesting is held by a YMCA/Other or is it a DVD? I love when I look in the mirror and my face is red with sweat!

As for me I’m going to try and do 2 miles today. (1 for sure) I managed to be pain pill free during the day. At night it was a different story. Still sleeping propped up I can’t lay flat or on my side way to painful. I’m a side sleeper so this is very hard for me. I also can’t wait to get some abs workouts in. Did anyone catch The Body Human last night on the discovery channel? It was extremely interesting. I know I’ll word this wrong but the basic was if you mentally train it is almost as good as actually doing it. For example if 1 person practiced a sport for 20 minutes they would greatly improve. If a person practiced a sport only in their mind they would also greatly improve. Now if a person did nothing no thought or physical practice they didn’t improve. So I am going to make a point to mentally practice my abs for 20 minutes each day and see if by the time I can actually do them physically. I can do them well or even with some ease. I’m sure there is a lot more detail than what I wrote but that is my take on it.
Old 03-11-2008, 10:04 AM   #13  

Height: 5'7"

Mez - It's a program from Prevention's website. I get their regular e-mails and they featured this program. They make some big claims (in terms of weight loss) which I don't buy, but it looked like a well-rounded, start-up program, so I decided to go with it. I'm supposed to do 20 minutes of intervals today (alternate 4 min "power" pace and 2 min moderate pace).

I do hope you feel better today. Sounds like you had a really rough night.
hautbois is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2008, 11:09 AM   #14  
Make it to the moon...

S/C/G: 5/8/19: 319/254.0/150.0

Default Sick

So my dad goes in the hospital tomorrow, and I have a bad cold. Here's my predicament: I want to be able to see him, but know they won't let me near him as long as I am sick. I want to work out, but I know that working out temporarily weakens your immune system... what should I do??? I'm on a multi vitamin, drink green tea and have been eating an immune system boosting yogurt... I can't eat anything citrus... any other foods or drinks I could look for to give my immune system a little boost? He's going to be in for at least a week if not longer, but his health is up and down, so I want to make sure I can see him...
KimL1214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2008, 03:26 PM   #15  
The Radiant One

Kim - get yourself well. If that means taking it easy on the workouts, so be it. Maybe a gentle walk, but you want all your energy going towards getting better.
Drink lots of fluids, and bolster your vitamin C with strawberries since you can't eat citrus.