Closed Thread

Old 03-09-2008, 03:40 PM   #1  

Default FAB & FIT 40's and 50's ! #3

Thought I'd start a new thread. Zoe has a message on #2. Check it out!
Hi Zoe. Missed you!
Rylea has gotten soooo big. She is a cutie. I am so glad you and your daughter are going together. You will both be successful I know it.

I had my weekly weigh-in. I lost.7 I am down 13.1.
That is from Jan. The total is 24.7 from back when I started.

Have a good Sunday!!!!!!
Terri

Last edited by points; 03-09-2008 at 04:14 PM.
Old 03-09-2008, 09:35 PM   #2  
Queen of the Fresh Start

Hi,
This is my first day of feeling well after a really nasty bout with a cold/flu. Missed 2 and a half days of work...am feeling a bit better now but still have lots of congestion/cough. I've been getting flu shots since 2004 and this is the first time I've been sick, so I've been lucky.
Still don't feel anywhere near 100% and we've got our St. Patrick's Day party this Saturday. I'm glad that Joe and I have it down to a science in terms of prep, and everyone knows what they're supposed to bring.

Good going on the losses, Terri, Ruthie and anyone else I may have missed!
Congrats on a new start, Zoe! Miss Rylea is growing up too quickly! She's a cutie.

We're being promised a "heat wave" of temps in the upper 40's we should be so lucky, maybe some of the snow will melt?

later,
Jen
Old 03-10-2008, 03:20 AM   #3  

Oh Jen, I hope you feel better. That is awful that flu. Britts has something now too and I have pink eye. YUCK!!!
Take care and stay warm. Don't get in your bathing suit with that heat wave coming through.
Have a great Monday!
Terri
Old 03-10-2008, 01:16 PM   #4  

It is a dreary rainy morning here in Louisiana. I think it is suppose to rain all day!! But later on in the week it should be in the 70's!! YEAH! I would love to be home curled up with a good book!!

Welcome back Zoe! Congrats on choosing to get back on the ww wagon. Over the last 5 years I have gained about 20 lbs back, it has been 3 years since I have even really attempted to lose the weight. But like you, it is time and I'm back doing weight watchers online. Friday will be the start of my 3 rd week, and like Terri said, we can do this together.

Terri, did you watch Big Brother last night. I can't wait to find out who gets back in the house. Do you have the live feed this year? MEMORIAL DAY here we come!

Jen, sorry you have the flu. If your weather is as crazy as ours has been, then it's understandable. One day we are in short sleeves, the next we are in coats!

Hey everyone else...Hope everyone had a good weekend.
Old 03-12-2008, 09:34 AM   #5  

Hi Ruth,
Yes, I did watch. I didn't watch Tuesday's yet. I hope Allison, Amanda or Alex comes back. I don't want jen cause she really wants to. I did not like her. I like Ryan better without her there.
Yes I have the feed. They are crazy this year.
Stay dry. This weather is nuts. It will be 70 here today.

Dianne,
OMG. Did you see BL last night? I could not believe that Jillian went off on Allison Sweeney. I thought the inner Sammi was going to come out. That was a crazy episode. I belong to Sparkpeople.com and I belong to a few teams. Biggest Loser fans is a big one. The message boards went crazy last night with all kinds of opinions. These boards can get heated. It is fun. Your Spark Page is set up like a My space with friends and pictures and blogs. Britts and I joined. I track all of my nutritional and exercise info. on there. It is a neat place to explore.
The teams I belong to are Big Brother, Biggest Loser, American Idol, Steelers,
Nicholas Sparks, W8Watchers, Days of our Lives, and the You book Waist Management.

Hi everyone! Have a nice pre-spring day.
Jen,
I hope you feel better.
Terri
Old 03-12-2008, 10:18 AM   #6  
[url=http://www.3fatchick

Hi everyone:

ZoeGirl!!! - Great to see you back here. I understand exactly what you mean about doing ww not just for you but for Jenna as well. It will help you both tremendously to be on program together. great job! Miss Rylea is a beauty, and it is hard to believe how grown she looks.

Jen - So sorry to hear you're sick. Take care of yourself & feel better soon. Hope you enjoy your St. Paddy's Day party

Terri - OMG!!! I was shocked at the way Jillian spoke to Allison and I think Allison was in shock too. In fact, did you see Bob's face?? Holy Moly. I think what's happening with Jillian is that she's realizing she does not have the team that's gonna win this time and she's really pissed off. I bet after the show, someone had a talk with her about the way she behaved, at least I hope so. "Sami" handled it well, though - and she got the last word in when she said something like "take note that with all the tension tonight, it turned out that a woman won the weigh in", since it seemed like Jillian was acting like it couldn't be done.

I'm glad to see Ali back, I think she deserved to come back and she looks fantastic. I'm really glad Dan's mother didn't stay. So sorry to see Mark back, lol - I thought he was gone for good. I really hoped Bernie would be the one to come back, and he lost it by only 2 lbs How come they didn't kick Brittney or Maggie out last night, though? I guess they didn't have time with all the old contestants getting weighed, etc. Okay, enough TBL talk, I could go on all night Congrats, Terri on your loss to date, great job!

Es, amiga - how are you feeling? I hope you are doing better. Is David's wedding this May or next year? Senior moment, lol.

I went to see a play last night (had to tape TBL) called "in the Heights", meaning Washington Heights - I think you would have enjoyed it. The neighborhood was represented by people from PR, DR, Cuba and Mexico. It was great. Willie and I loved it and we'll probably go back again. His son Darren got free tickets and we had great seats. I didn't get to bed until 3:00 a.m. because I had to watch my TBL

Ruthie, to you too on your loss and going down to the next level!

Hi Sandy - how are you doing?

I missed ww this past Saturday, but I feel like I've lost. I plan on exercising tonight, tomorrow and Friday to give myself a better shot and to feel good too. It helps alot.

Well, I gotta get back to work. This was a novel, lol. Talk to you's soon.

Dianne
Old 03-12-2008, 10:40 AM   #7  

Dianne,
We must have been typing at the same time. We both just gave a sumary of the BL. It was CRAZY!!!! Can't wait til' next week.
That play sounds so good. I need to go to some around here.
Have a great day!
Terri
Old 03-12-2008, 09:10 PM   #8  
Zoe
I see the SON in Texas

Height: 5'6"

Hi everyone

Well, our first week back (me back, Jenna new) to WW didn't get me as much weight loss as I've lost in the past, in the first week.....but I'm being realistic and moving forward. I lost 4 lbs and Jenna lost 4.8! She was dancing like a fool....

Yes, Miss Rylea has grown. Remember when she was just born??? She turned 2 on January 6th so she's now over 26 months old!. When she's here, when I get in from work, I go outside since they like to sit out by the pool, and when I peek out the door, she yells "NeNe, sit down, sit down!!" She is my life and my

Dianne ~ yes, it is so much easier to do this with someone going to meetings with you. Jenna wants to have another baby but wants to lose 20 lbs first......so in the interest of ME having another RYLEA, I'll stick with it and help her out.

Jen ~ hope you're feeling better. I haven't had the flu in years and this year was my FIRST flu shot.....but I rememeber.....feel better.

Terri Great job on losing 13.1 since January! I know you must feel great!

Ruth ~ did you get the 70 degree weather? It snowed here a week ago and today, 85......crazy weather!!

Hi to anyone I missed......it's great to be back. I've missed you's guys so much. No matter how often I go MIA, I always come back.

Have a great Thursday tomorrow
Old 03-13-2008, 12:43 AM   #9  

Great losses. Tell Jenna we are happy dancing!!!!!!!!
Congrats!!!!!!!!
Terri
Here is a mental exercise. You lost 16 sticks of butter. Now mentally unwrap that and squish it it in your hands. That is fat. It is gone from your body.

Here is something fun!

I borrowed this from another group.

I lost somwhere between a bald eagle and 10 dozen large eggs.

"Here are some weight comparisons...

Now.. What equivalent have you shed and what will you be shedding?

1 pound = a Guinea Pig
1.5 pounds = a dozen Krispy Kreme glazed donuts
2 pounds = a rack of baby back ribs
3 pounds = an average human brain
4 pounds = an ostrich egg
5 pounds = a Chihuahua
6 pounds = a human’s skin
7.5 pounds = an average newborn
8 pounds = a human head
10 pounds= chemical additives an American consumes each year
11 pounds = an average housecat
12 pounds = a Bald Eagle
15 pounds = 10 dozen large eggs
16 pounds = a sperm whale’s brain
20 pounds = an automobile tire
23 pounds = amount of pizza an average American eats in a year
24 pounds = a 3-gallon tub of super premium ice cream
25 pounds = an average 2 year old
30 pounds = amount of cheese an average American eats in a year
33 pounds = a cinder block
36 pounds = a mid-size microwave
40 pounds = a 5-gallon bottle of water or an average human leg
44 pounds = an elephant’s heart
50 pounds = a small bale of hay
55 pounds = a 5000 BTU air conditioner
60 pounds = an elephant’s penis (yep, weights more than his heart!)
66 pounds = fats and oils an average American eats in a year
70 pounds = an Irish Setter
77 pounds = a gold brick
80 pounds = the World’s Largest Ball of Tape
90 pounds = a newborn calf
100 pounds = a 2 month old horse
111 pounds = red meat an average American eats in a year
117 pounds = an average fashion model (and she’s 5’11”)
118 pounds = the complete Encyclopedia Britannica
120 pounds = amount of trash you throw away in a month
130 pounds = a newborn giraffe
138 pounds = potatoes an average American eats in a year
140 pounds = refined sugar an average American eats in a year
144 pounds = an average adult woman (and she’s 5’4”)
150 pounds = the complete Oxford English Dictionary
187 pounds = an average adult man
200 pounds = 2 Bloodhounds
235 pounds = Arnold Schwarzenegger
300 pounds = an average football lineman
400 pounds = a Welsh pony"

luv you guys
Terri

Last edited by points; 03-13-2008 at 12:44 AM.
Old 03-13-2008, 01:11 AM   #10  
Rennie

S/C/G: 228/Ticker/120

Height: 4 foot 11 inches

Terri
Thank you for that information. It is motivational to me to see how much I have lost and what I was carrying around.

When I did my weigh in today I thought WOW 50 lbs. 50 lbs, that is a bag of potatoes. A bag of potatoes that I can't even pick up lol.

Last edited by Shy Moment; 03-13-2008 at 01:12 AM.
Old 03-13-2008, 08:22 AM   #11  
Zoe
I see the SON in Texas

Height: 5'6"

Terri, thanks for this list! I am going to send it to Jenna - very interesting. It makes you feel even BETTER about even the smaller losses.

Thanks again
Old 03-13-2008, 05:58 PM   #12  

HI Shy,
You are welcome. CONGRATS on the loss. Welcome! You have done so well. Those potatoes are heavy indeed.
Tell us about yourself.

Zoe,
My pleasure. I thought it was cute. You and Jenna keep going. You are doing great.
Terri
Old 03-13-2008, 06:44 PM   #13  
Rennie

I am 46. Married and have two children ages 21 boy and 17 girl. I say I am the Miss Marple of the neighborhood. I tend to know what is going on but I don't say a word to anyone about anything. Oh the neighbors would be glad of that if they knew what I know lol.

I love to hook rugs and make quilts. I love Leslie Sansone walking/aerobic videos and do them several times a day. I gained a ton of weight thanks to our wonderful doctors and them packing pills down peoples throats lol. Then I added a few more lbs to that weight gain by not watching what I was eating.

Now, I am in control. I tend to count calories but am more worried about fat, and carbs. I find if I keep those two things within the general ranges I allow myself. The calories take care of them selfs.

I am painfully shy off the net but on the net I chat with people the same way I do with my oldest friends. I love to encourage people because I know everyone needs an encouraging word. I tell lots of story's about the neighbors, my husband and my children. Because of this, I make people laugh. Hey, truth is funnier than anything if you know how to tell it lol. When I help someone with a kind word, a story, a piece of advice or by telling them when I am having a hard time. It helps me too.

I have worked outside the home off and on but haven't worked for about 4 years since they closed the warehouse down I managed because the company wanted to save money. I am kind of looking for another job but there isn't much around my neck of the woods. Jobs are pretty hard to find around here.

I enjoy hearing how people are doing and from their strengths and weaknesses I find I am not so difference and I don't feel alone on this journey I am taking to a more healthy and thinner body. I am very lucky that my husband is very supportive.

I acknowledge that without God beside me I could never have accomplished what I have so far in my life. I know he is there beside me to help me lose weight too. All I have to do is listen when he talks to me.
Old 03-13-2008, 09:27 PM   #14  

Miss Marple,
AH! Good ole' Agatha Christy. My mom has every book.
I love the idea of using the cheerleaders.
I am a lifetimer on Weight Watchers. I lost 50 back in 84' and then along came three children:
Brittany 21, Brandon 16, and Bradley 15. I have been married 25 yrs. to Bruce.
I then rejoined in 2003. I lost 55 and I have regained some and now I have finally realized that this is a lifestyle not a diet. I am a teacher but I sub now. I don't want to work full time right now.
I for one would love to hear about your neighbors.
Keep up the good work.
Terri
Didn't want to copy completely.

Last edited by points; 03-13-2008 at 09:38 PM.
Old 03-13-2008, 11:01 PM   #15  
Rennie

I really wish I could blame all this extra weight on having babies. Ummm gained 11 with my first and 8 with my second and weighted the same after I had them as when I got preggy with them, 120 pounds. I think it was after shock, thats it lol. When my youngest turned 9 the shock of having two children set in and all this weight attacked me. Along with all the meads I was taking that is what caused all this weight. That is my story and I am sticking to it lol.
Closed Thread