General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 03-09-2008, 08:50 PM   #1  
Finding My Bliss

S/C/G: Fit & Fat!

Height: Tall & Strong, Baby!

Default Please Help!!! (How to get out washed and dried in lipgloss?)

Well, I am in a pickle, so to say.

My DD washed laundry for us all...Lovely! Fabulous! Right?

Well, yes, normally, BUT she asked if she could throw in her skinny jeans with the rest of the laundry she was doing. I said" Of course!".

Well, turns out she left her "Lip Smackers" lip gloss in her pocket.

She washed and dried them that way.

Now, my Man's favorite work scrubs have little oily strawberry spots all over them!!! (So do his boxer briefs, but that's not such a big deal ).

They are light blue and so can't use bleach (which I never use anyway)...Is it too late since the oils have been dried in to the fabric?

Help!!! Please, help!

Thanks.
SoulBliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2008, 08:56 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 158/142/at or below 135 lbs.

Height: 5'5"

I would suggest a can of coke in the wash... it was suggested to me when I inquired about how to get grease spots out. Someone posted a l-o-n-g list of things coke will get out or 'fix', so it's worth a shot.
walking2lose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2008, 09:39 PM   #3  
Finding My Bliss

Interesting...I guess I could force myself to buy a can of coke for washing purposes.

I am still interested in hearing from others! Has anyone else had oil-based products washed and dried into laundry? If so, what did you do that worked to remove it?
Old 03-09-2008, 09:50 PM   #4  
Work in progress

S/C/G: 165/ticker/120???

Height: 5'2"

Try vinegar. It got deodorant stains out of my clothing, and deodorant has a certain oily property to it. Also, maybe just try dawn dish detergent?
LittleMoonRabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2008, 10:30 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 158/142/at or below 135 lbs.

Height: 5'5"

I found that info on what coke can 'allegedly' do! I drink sodas rarely, but it may be worth keeping a six pack on hand!

Who knew a can of Coca-Cola could have so many interesting uses!

Clean a toilet: To clean a toilet, pour one can of coke into it and let it sit for one hour. Afterwards, flush for a surprisingly good shine.

A powerful cleaning tool: Use coke to clean your engines. Coke distributors have been using this trick to clean their engines for over twenty years!

Get rid of hiccups: When you've got the hiccups, simply take a good mouthful of coke and gargle, your hiccups will vanish.

Clean burnt pans: To clean a burnt saucepan, simply add a can of coke and boil it.

Hair styling: Pour a can of flat coke into your hair and let stand a few minutes, wash out for outstanding curls.

Gum stuck in hair? Put the gum-infested part of your hair in coke and wait a few minutes, then gently wipe off.

Incredibly soft skin: Mix one tablespoon of standard coke with lotion and apply for soft and smooth skin.

Remove oil stains from your garage - Simply apply coke, let stand and hose off.

Bad cold?: Boil a can of coke and drink while hot to get rid of congestion.

Winter windshield: Frozen windshield? Can't see? Late for work? Pour a can of coke all over your windshield and the ice will immediately clear up. Happy driving.

Chrome rust spots? Crumple some tinfoil and dip it into coke, then gently rub the affected area.

Have corroded car battery terminals? Pour some coke on there, let sit for a few minutes, and wipe off with a wet cloth.

Greasy clothes? Pour a can of coke into your washing machine along with (and don't forget) detergent to effectively get rid of grease stains.

Loosen rusted bolts and nuts: Wrap a coke-wet cloth on a rusted bolt or nut. After a few minutes, it will have been loosened as a result of the acidic content in the coke.

Jelly fish sting: Stung by a jelly fish? Pour coke over it to neutralize the venom in the sting.

A lawn so green: Spraying coke on your lawn will help ensure that it stays greener and for longer.

Get rid of snails and slugs: Put little bowls of coke all over your garden. Sugar attracts, acid kills, your happy.

Use coke for cooking? Need water, sugar and lemon? You might as well just add a can of coke.

Exploding cans: A friend told me about this, throw a can of coke into a fire... *Bang*.

Satisfy thirst: Drink, be happy.
walking2lose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2008, 11:32 PM   #6  

Height: 5'8"

As the lipgloss is oily I would try Dawn dish soap. It has worked with chapstick before for me...put a small amount of the soap on each spot, scrub it in but don't wash them in the washing machine (unless you want to clean up soap suds off the floor ). Sometimes you have to do it a couple of times.
Tonia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2008, 02:43 AM   #7  
Going down, my way!

S/C/G: 287/240.8/180/ 3/19/16

Height: 5' 9"

My sister told me to re oil the spots on the clothes, let them set for about five minutes, then wash the area out with soap and water. Try rubbing in some oil on one of the articles of clothing on one of the spots and do what she suggested above to see if that will help. It's worked for me, but I've only used it on olive oil or butter stains.
Steelslady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2008, 09:57 AM   #8  
Finding My Bliss

Thanks! I'll go buy some Dawn I guess.
Old 03-10-2008, 10:01 AM   #9  
~~Maintainer!~~

S/C/G: 346/186/186

Height: 5' 9"

I've heard that baby powder spread on oily stains for a couple of days removes the stain. After it sits, you brush off the excess. But that was a stain that hadn't been dried yet. Good luck, let us know how it turns out.
jtammy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2008, 10:45 AM   #10  
Finding My Bliss

Thanks!

WOW! You've lost an entire person's worth of weight and are right there at goal!!! Good for you! You look MAHvelous, Dahling!!!
Old 03-10-2008, 11:16 AM   #11  
Gettin Closer!!

S/C/G: See Signature

Height: Tall enough for my feet to reach the ground

I am the coke in the washer person too. I had oil in 2 of my work shirts and they had been washed/dried. Well I soaked them for 1 day with spray n wash, then I washed them with detergent and a 20oz bottle of coke, worked like a charm!

Good luck, let us know if you have any success!
StillTryin is offline   Reply With Quote