Old 03-07-2008, 01:59 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 264/263/200

Height: 6'0

Red face Fat and New

Good afternoon everyone!!!
I am new to this site and absolutely love it already! I am 29 and a mother of 2 and a wife....and fat! I have decided to lose the weight and have started by drinking water which is something I never really did unless I had to before. I am drinking 2-3 liters a day and only allow myself 1 Diet Pepsi a day which surprisingly hasnt been difficult. I am really trying to watch what I eat and have started to snack on fruits instead of salty fattening treats. I have purchased a podomiter(?) and exercise DVD and 4lb ankle weights but I have not gotten myself to use them yet. Dont know why just cant seem to get to that point yet.. I live in the northern midwest (Iowa) and it is really cold here still, so I havent made it outside to walk either. It seems like I dont have anytime to do any of it. I work in town (20 miles) full time. leave the house at 630am and am home at 430pm to a waiting 10 yr old. I have to take my son to the sitters in the morning and pick him up and rush home to my daughter who is home alone after school. My husband works overtime before and after work so it is up to me and when I get home I have to make supper, homework help and baths and after that all I want to do is go to bed. I keep telling myself I will get up in the AM to do a walk or DVD but havent yet.... I really need to make myself do it but I also dont want anyone around to watch me do an exercise DVD. I would love to join a gym but the closest one is 20-25 miles away and back in town and the last thing I want to do is drive back into town after I get home. Let me know if any of you know any motivating tips to help me get on the next step towards losing my weight.

Thanks
Carriewink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2008, 02:17 PM   #2  
Linda

Height: 5'0"

Hey Carrie
Welcome to the group! You've found a wonderful place to get all the support you could need!

Keep posting, and it sounds like you're off to a great start!

Linda
famograham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2008, 02:23 PM   #3  

S/C/G: HW 226/ CW217/ GW 145

Height: 5'4

Hey.. I had a hard time getting started with the exercise too.. I was on the South Beach diet for 5 weeks before I finally got to it.. I would say I was going to get up early and do my tae bo dvd...but it didnt happen.. Now I am happy to say I get up at 5:30 to do as much of the dvd as I can.. I get in at least 30 mins in the morning...and now they started a lunch walk where I work so I get in a 40 min walk at lunch! Keep telling yourself you have to do it and you will get there.
mommamurray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2008, 02:57 PM   #4  
The Radiant One

S/C/G: 250/142/135

Height: 5'2"

Hi Carrie, and welcome!
The key to exercise is to schedule it in. Too many times, women put everyone else's needs before their own. Exercise is something you need to do for *you*.
Maybe you could incorporate something with your kids, like DDR and do it together!
fiberlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2008, 07:42 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 305/300/1-236/2-180

Height: 5' 6"

I would suggest putting your ankle weights on when you get home and are doing stuff around the house... I often wear mine when I'm just cooking or something...then I built some muscle and I didn't even think about it! Good Luck! Good job on the water too!
Rayelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2008, 07:55 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 261/158/below 160

Height: 5'8" (Dang, I shrank an inch!)

Congratulations on making the lifestyle changes that you've already made!
Sheila53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2008, 08:54 PM   #7  
mj5

S/C/G: 299/see ticker/140

Height: 5'4''

Welcome! Finding the time to exercise is hard, but it is so important. Sounds like you are off to a great start!!!
mj5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2008, 09:29 PM   #8  
Red Team Member

S/C/G: 289/206.5/140

Height: 5'4"

Welcome! I hope you'll love it here as much as we do.
Cassie501107 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2008, 01:23 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 263/243/150

Height: 5"6'

Welcome, I am finding this site such a great place for support and information. I understand how hard it is to work in time for exercise. It's something I continue to struggle with too. I hope you find something that works for you.
joylove26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2008, 10:32 AM   #10  
Former Quitter

S/C/G: 310/310/180

Height: 5'7

Carrie!

For me, exercise is always a struggle. But, I do love the loss of inches and quicker drops on the scale when I do exercise.
GirlyGirlSebas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2008, 11:31 AM   #11  
Keto on!

S/C/G: 256/200/180

Height: 5'6

Welcome! I second Reyelle's idea with the ankle weights. I wouldn't have thought of that. Is it possible to workout in your bedroom to the DVD? I did this when I lived at home because I didn't want to get in my family's way, etc.
Gela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2008, 02:14 PM   #12  

Height: 5'5"

Hi Carrie, nice to meet you!
PaulaM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2008, 03:14 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 240/ticker/120

Height: 5 foot 4

Hi Carrie
I know the feeling I don't like others to watch me workout. You know a workout doesn't have to be something formal just put on the radio and dance for 5 minutes then add on from there. Babysteps of moving. I find that when I want to get a quick workout I put in Lesline Sansones Walk At Home Walk Slim 4 fast Miles. I only do 1 mile which take around 15 minutes. Which makes me feel like I did something and I usually want to do more. The main thing is to find something your happy with you'll be more likely to stick with it. Just try your best to move. When I 1st start my WL journey I put a cd player in my bathroom. I told my husband it in there so I could listen to music while I showered. But I put in there so I could dance to my oldies and not be bothered.
mezmerize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2008, 03:56 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 250/210/150

Height: 5'7''

hi carrie
congrats on making the lifestyle changes.
before i start doing exercise i always find excuses, that i work to hard, i have to cook, clean the house take care of my baby (she's 18 months , but still a baby for me) and then feeding time, bath time....
a friend of mine that she have lost over 100 lb , once she told me :you gonna start when you gonna be ready..and she was sooooo right.
because my husand is working evening when i get home, after i stopped by the baby sitter i don't feel like getting out, and besides i don't have anybody else to watch my baby...so i did bought a treadmill so i can exercise home and i also have some work out dvd's.. it was a lot of many but so worth it
good luck!
michellenew
michellenew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2008, 08:24 PM   #15  
TBL Blue Team Member!

S/C/G: 294.5/ticker/170

Height: 6'0

Hi Carri! Sometimes exercise is a "just do it" type of thing! LoL

Last edited by Hopefulpinkangel; 03-08-2008 at 08:29 PM.
Hopefulpinkangel is offline   Reply With Quote