View Single Post
Old 03-08-2008, 04:26 PM   #11
Noelani
Meowsah

S/C/G: 317/239.4/150

Height: 5'6"

So much has changed for me.

My back doesn't hurt at all anymore, when I was over 300lbs it hurt all the time, from the time I woke up to going to bed.

My heel pain is gone, I was never actually diagnosed with plantar fasciitis but I suspect that's what it was. It was so painful I couldn't walk long at all and in the mornings I couldn't even get out of bed it hurt so bad. Now, no pain at all.

My blood pressure and cholesterol have all normalized. My last cholesterol test was at 175.

I used to wake up several times in the middle of the night out of breath/heart racing. Haven't had that feeling in a several months. It's nice to sleep the whole night through.

My blood sugar was what got me to change my lifestyle. My fasting blood sugar was just below the pre diabetic stage and my doctor was concerned if I kept continuing the way I was it would go into full blown diabetes. I'm happy to say that my last test was well within the normal range for fasting blood sugar due to the change in eating and added exercise. This is a huge motivation for me to keep doing what I'm doing and maintain a healthier lifestyle.

It's nice to bend over and not feel like I'm cutting my air supply off too. I'm not sure if anyone else experienced this, but anytime I was trying to tie shoes, or put on socks or anything that required bending over, I couldn't breathe.

The list could go on and on... but bottom line is I'm feeling super now and it only gets better from here.