View Single Post
Old 03-08-2008, 01:36 PM   #7
Glory87

S/C/G: 190/140/135

Height: 5'7"

I wish I had a baseline doctor visit before I started, just to compare. Whenever I get a health screening, the doctor is always blown away by my stats - blood pressure, cholesterol, blood sugar, triglycerides, etc. The last time, the doctor spent several minutes just raving about how healthy I was, that's nice to hear! I have to think my healthy, whole foods diet is mostly the cause.

You know, I hadn't really thought about the heartburn before, I did get it occasionally before (usually after very very spicy foods) and the instances have gone way down! So yay!

Another big thing for me - I can wear a skirt without having to worry about thigh chafing. Thigh chafing used to be a huge issue! I can vividly remember one warm afternoon in Vancouver, walking around trying to find an ATM since the restaurant we were going to didn't take Debit cards and being in AGONY. I could barely walk from the pain. I kept having to tuck my skirt between my legs when I walked for some relief - you know THAT was attractive. Skirts my thighs and summer - we get along now.

A big thing is energy. I am like a different person, night and day. I was a sad, depressed, heavy, slow, tired person. I used to fall asleep in my office everyday after lunch, I could barely keep my eyes open during meetings - it was so embarassing!

And confidence - wow, I smile more. I dress in cute clothes, I stand up straight. I stare at my body naked (I used to NEVER look at myself before). At the risk of being PG-13, I don't mind if my SO stares at my body naked either (hello, welcome to the fun world of sex with the lights on!!)

My very long weight loss story

"I saw an angel in the marble and I chiseled until I set it free."
Michelangelo
Glory87 is offline   Reply With Quote