Old 03-06-2008, 12:04 PM   #1  

Height: 5'3"

Default Phase 1 Strawberry Milkshake with picture

I got so excited after making the phase 1 strawberry jam this morning that I wanted to try something else!

1/2 cup 1% milk
1/4 tsp sugar free strawberry jello
1/2 packet splenda

Blend together in a magic bullet or other small blender and it tastes amazing!! My 2 year old son kept taking it from me and saying "no, mine mommy!" so I had to make him a cup too. This taste just like strawberry quik! Its very sweet and tasty and a wonderful surprise to my sugar-free tastebuds right now. The only drawback I have seen is that if it sits for more than 5 minutes or so, the jello gets a granulated look to it. It doesnt affect the taste but it does affect the texture. But if you drink it as a treat, it probably wont last that long. The only reason I noticed is because my son didnt drink all of his.

An alternate method I tried was to put 2 Tablespoons of the strawberry jam in the milk and run it through the food processor. Interestingly enough...the acid from the tomato curdles the milk and makes the shake thick, just like a milkshake. But I didnt think the idea of curdled milk and tomatoes would go over very well so I stuck with the jello combo instead.

I'm playing around with an idea of adding some FF half and half and putting it in the freezer to see if I can make phase one ice cream! I will post pics and a recipe it works. If anyone knows of any reason why this isnt allowed in phase one, please speak up.

valley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2008, 12:10 PM   #2  
PCOS will not control me!

S/C/G: 283/241/175

Height: 5'8"

that sounds really good and the picture looks even better...great idea taking pics of the recipes you post...makes it easier to determine whether one wants to try it or not...I'm def. trying this one!
JerseyGirrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2008, 03:24 PM   #3  

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyGirrl View Post
that sounds really good and the picture looks even better...great idea taking pics of the recipes you post...makes it easier to determine whether one wants to try it or not...I'm def. trying this one!
thank you Jerseygirrl! If you are interested...I did find a way to make the ice cream I was talking about. Its in the phase 1 dessert section. I read that you were sick...might be good on the throat if you can wait the 4 hours or so that it takes to freeze.
valley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2008, 04:41 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 238/Tick/185

Height: 5' 8"

I just made something similar and it was SOOOO good, I added a little bit of no sugar added vanilla ice cream and no Splenda..YUMMY!!!!

Thanks for sharing the idea
movielover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2008, 03:26 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 190/155/135

there is P1 ice cream to make I did the ff 1/2 +1/2 and then 1% milk. I honestly in the future will use 2% milk. Because of the esxcess water in 1% milk it came out more like a fudgsicle..still good, but DH didn't like it as an alternative to ice cream..And I replaced all the sugar with Splenda...no difference in tastes that way.. I made chocolate ice cream (cocoa powder, warm the milk up) combine, chill and then add the half and half. We have an ice cream maker, so I just dump it in the maker and it does the rest...
tdiprincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2008, 09:41 PM   #6  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

Has anyone made this and added Protein powder?
KO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2008, 02:08 PM   #7  
Losing on the Beach

S/C/G: 205/ticker/164

Height: 5'5

Oh wow!!! I just had my skim milk and added some sf strawberry / banana flavored jello mix to it and OH it is YUMMY!!! It is phase one ok right??
Christian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 09:38 AM   #8  

Such great ideas, I need a book to write them all down. They sound great.
LindsaysMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 08:21 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 275.6/269/175

Height: 5'9"

I just made a smoothie based off your idea, but I used Special K2O™ Strawberry Kiwi Protein Water Mix for the flavor, 12oz of plain greek yogurt (counts towards dairy, I know) and 1 cup of unsweetened almond milk. It's pretty good!
purplelover13 is offline   Reply With Quote