Old 03-06-2008, 10:39 AM   #1  
I can do this, yes I can!

S/C/G: 273/260/180

Height: 5'6"

Default TOM Question

I have been dieting for 6 weeks now and the 1st time Tom rolled around things were on time and normal. Well, this time I was supposed to start this past sunday and still havent. I'm normally very normal with an exception every couple months of it coming early or a day or 2 late. I have had a very steady weight loss every week and this week the scale said I gained 2 pounds. I havent changed anything from the previous weeks other than doing better at my eating and exercising. My question is, could weight loss make you irregular? I really dont feel like I should have gained 2 pounds. I'm hoping it is water weight waiting on TOM to arrive. I was so upset with a 2 pound gain. I'm scared to weigh in next week. I have tried to stay focused on still dieting. What do you think?
hardatwork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2008, 10:49 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 190/140/135

Height: 5'7"

The only time I ever skipped a period in my life was during college during a "low fat" fat diet. Are you eating enough healthy fats? Just curious, because I definitely wasn't and it did effect me (I also lost hair by the handful in the shower everyday).

Since your period is due to arrive this week, I would guess the 2 lb fluctuation is water retention. Hopefully, your period will show up soon.
Glory87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2008, 11:50 AM   #3  

Height: 5'7"

I see a weigh gain with TOM also. It may even take a few days after TOm leaves to see a loss but I usually will have a good loss the next week. Keep doing what you are doing.
dgramie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2008, 12:10 PM   #4  
The Radiant One

S/C/G: 250/142/135

Height: 5'2"

Sometimes I see a weight gain, sometimes I don't. I am not super regular (which is annoying), but I can tell by my body when TOM is going to arrive.

If you are following your plan, then you need to realize this is just a blip in time and not worry about it.
fiberlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2008, 12:13 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 217/tick/160

Height: 5'5

I gained 3lbs on my TOM last week, I am now back down to normal minus one more pound! So I think you're probably experiencing water weight. If your period doesn't come with the next week I would call the doc just to make sure your reproductive system is okay. Better safe than sorry.
peachcake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2008, 01:01 PM   #6  
I can do this, yes I can!

S/C/G: 273/260/180

Height: 5'6"

Thanks for all of your input. I really feel like I'm going to start. Ya know cramps and hunger. lol. Maybe in the next day or so. I'm really trying not to worry about it because it's not that big of a deal (right now anyway). I will find out Tuesday if I have lost any. I'm so tempted to get on the scale now but i'm fighting off the urge. I don't want to get discouraged.
hardatwork is offline   Reply With Quote