Closed Thread

Old 03-03-2008, 08:56 PM   #1  
Chillin' like a villian

S/C/G: 341/289.5/176

Height: 5'7"

Default Metabolic Research Center - Take XI

Let's see if this works... I think 39 pages is quite enough. Plus it's a new month so a new thread, right?
Old 03-03-2008, 09:15 PM   #2  
Chillin' like a villian

S/C/G: 341/289.5/176

MSTeacher & Readytobethin - I'm not sure how the ketosis works either. I have never been able to make my stick change colors so now I'm wondering if I haven't been in that "fat burning" phase at all. Which actually is quite disappointing since I have been so good and careful about not eating anything off plan. However, it would probably explain my 1 lb gain today (along with the super work out on Saturday).

Rocki - Don't stress about the gain. A lot of that could also be some extra water so be sure and drink, drink, drink your water this week to try and flush it all out. Also, it was suggested to me by my center that I might want to pick up some B6 because it apparently is a bit of a diuretic and could help with the extra water that my post workout muscles are holding on to. You might want to look into that.

I think someone had mentioned trouble getting all their water in... Here is what has helped me. I purchased two 32 oz Nalgen brand water bottles I keep one at the office and one at home. I pretty much carry one with me constantly and I refill it throughout the day. I also try to have finished at least one full one between breakfast and lunch, another between lunch and dinner and another between dinner and bed. I actually ended up drinking way more than that once I got rolling on that routine.

And I have completely cut out my caffeine so the only fluids I'm drinking are water and my HNS with the occasional Diet Rite Pure Zero (no cals, carbs, caffeine OR sodium). I've noticed now that I get super thirsty (which they say is actually a good sign... when you're not thirsty, you're dehydrated) and want the water all the time. I probably go through a good 4-6 of these bottles a day. Treat your water intake just like your food intake. Put it on a plan and try your hardest to stick to it.

I think I might actually be getting to that part where food really is just fuel to me as well. Sure, I kind of miss some things but I have to say that as far as cravings go, I'm not really having any. I still get hungry sometimes but the things I want to eat are better for me... Like some fruit or some veggies. As opposed to the old me that wanted ice cream and chocolate!

Tomorrow is meeting #2 with the personal trainer. The friend that I went with Saturday met with him today and she said that they didn't work on the legs, just arms, which makes me happy. I am still so freakin' sore that I don't think I could do a lunge or sumo squat to save my life! So I'm definitely looking forward to that now more than I was earlier today.

Oh, and if anyone can explain the ketosis stuff a little better, I know I'm not the only one that would appreciate it!
Old 03-03-2008, 09:52 PM   #3  
This is the Last Time!

S/C/G: 172/*ticker*/115

Height: 5'2"

Thanks for the kind words everyone.

Readytobethin..You so ROCK, 24 pounds in what, a month??? That is soooo awesome. 2.5 lbs today? That's great! I'll be right there with you soon.

As for the ketosis..they told me that I should be between trace and small. If you're in ketosis then your body is burning it's own fat stores for fuel (that's what your body prefers to do and what is best health wise, according to everything I've read). I think the square on the bottle is the second from the left (not the faintest, negative, but the next one over). I usually measure between that and small, except today I was negative b/c of my off program day! .

Update on Mydietshopz.com. I placed an order with them tonight. I know I'll need to get some more HNS from my center but I saved almost $40 by purchasing online. If you spend more than $70 shipping is free, and if you spend more than $150 you get 10% off your total order. Their drinks are all $9.95 right now and the chocolate mini crisps are $8.95 until March 6. I got 15 boxes of drinks and creamies (including one of the mini crisps) and I spent $137. If you figure the boxes are 5 for $55 and my tax is 7% I would have spent $176.55. I'll get 5 more boxes at the center this week to save money buying in bulk but I'll buy the flavors the website doesn't have (peach-mango, pink-lemonade, pineapple). I'll let you know how it goes.

Last edited by Rocki; 03-03-2008 at 09:54 PM.
Old 03-03-2008, 10:38 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 205/153/155

Good Job Angierue!! Thanks for starting the new thread!! We have always started a new one at around 39-40 pages, I don't know why-- don't really know much! lol.... Have a good night everyone. I am going to wi tomorrow and will begin week 5 of stabilization. I am hoping to hit that 50 pound board tomorrow- my 50th birthday is Thursday and I really wanted to sign that board before that!! Cross your fingers!
Old 03-03-2008, 11:24 PM   #5  
MRC started March 8, 2008

S/C/G: 258/189/150

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueyedangel View Post
White River was about dried up the last time we were there. Not much around that area...

So, do you actually start the program/diet Friday like me? I was doing SO good until this weekend... Started over today...
It was about 11 or 12 years ago that I went to White River, kinda depressing when a lake just isn't there anymore.

Friday I get my menu, They didn't really say what to eat until then. They said to get off caffeine (which I already did that) and to get off sugar (working on that right now) stay away from sweets, snacking etc. Increase my water to 64 oz. and take my vitamins, Oh and just to eat 3 balanced meals a day, start the day with two eggs and whole wheat toast. So I have been doing that. Ill be glad when Friday gets here, I don't feel like I have started anything yet. It will be fun to see each others progress since we started the same time.

3monkeysmomma
Old 03-03-2008, 11:51 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 249/240/150

Height: 5'4

Thank you for starting the new thread. I agree with many of you that food has taken on a whole different dimension...I love to entertian and read cookbooks like novels but this diet or 'life change' has really changed my priorities. Food truly has become a necessary fuel and this is totally a surprise to me! I find myself chuckling when I feel like I cheated or was "bad" because I had some cottage cheese and celery! I like the cheesecake recipe in the book and have added shredded lemon peel...i hope that is okay. I will look into the online site for HNS....exercise is still a problem and I know I need to step it up if I want to maximize the diet. i have lost 16 pounds in 4 weeks and am so excited to see more! We all have things that get in the way of taking care of ourselves, but we must really try to understand that taking care of ourselves does not mean a martini and a hamburger!
Old 03-04-2008, 03:06 AM   #7  
Super Maintainer

S/C/G: 357/197/maintaining

Height: 6'0"

Quote:
Originally Posted by graduatethin View Post
Good Job Angierue!! Thanks for starting the new thread!! We have always started a new one at around 39-40 pages, I don't know why-- don't really know much! lol.... Have a good night everyone. I am going to wi tomorrow and will begin week 5 of stabilization. I am hoping to hit that 50 pound board tomorrow- my 50th birthday is Thursday and I really wanted to sign that board before that!! Cross your fingers!
graduatethin~ FYI: In the past, the moderators post a message to start a new thread after 40 or so pages.

How many weeks are there in stabilization? just curious.

I will be crossing my fingers for you tomorrow
Just think, you will be 50 pounds lighter and Fit & Fifty.

Last edited by nomoredonuts4me; 03-04-2008 at 03:06 AM.
Old 03-04-2008, 03:42 AM   #8  
Super Maintainer

Tim~ here are some breakfast ideas I use. I like to have turkey sausage (MRC recipe), 3 oz of hard cheese with seseme melba toast snack rounds, 3 fried egg whites and low cal tortilla, pan fried tilapia coated with ground melba toast mixed with powdered hidden valley ranch dressing and Mrs. Dash garlic and herb, and of course the amazing cheese cake (MRC recipe). I also like a meal replacement bar or shake once in awhile for breakfast. I will try to post some of these breakfast recipes on the MRC recipe thread.

goal4life~ I too have transformed into a food for fuel mentality. But, I must say that Supper Solutions has brought back the zing I needed for variety. They come up with meals I never would have thought up myself. Also, topping my chicken, turkey sausage, and other meats with smoked cheeses has added a great taste to my foods. Have you gone to any cooking classed at MRC? It's a great way to do some food sampling. There is nothing wrong with making your food into tasty fuel.

angieroo~ Thanks for starting Take XI! As far as your 1 lb gain, it could have been your cold/cough medicine. I think I gained a pound after I was sick and took Nyquil, but it was worth taking for all the sleep I gained. Don't worry about it, just move on and you will see great losses in the coming weeks ahead.
Congrats on starting a great workout routine with your friend. BTW, I use Beta-Alanine to prevent muscle soreness due to weight training. When you weight train or exercise hard you break down muscle tissue and release lactic acid as a waste byproduct. This lactic acid is what causes muscle soreness. Beta-Alanine acts as a buffer to neutralize the lactic acid. But, if you are really into pain, forget I said anything FYI, I buy my Beta-Alanine at GNC.

I have a personal dilemma I would like to share here with my MRC buddies. Any input would be greatly appreciated. Recently, I've been getting a lot of "you don't need to lose anymore weight" comments. When I tell them I have over 30 more pounds to lose, they look at me like I must be developing some kind of an eating disorder. Ya know, they haven't seen me naked. This could start a head game with me. I could start to believe them, and this could sabotage my weight loss efforts if I let it. Don't get me wrong, I kinda like it when people think I'm at my goal weight already. I just happen to hold my weight well. I have told them I'm still above a 30 BMI. I've lost 35 pounds since my after picture posted on my personal profile. What should I do about this? Please help!

shineon and jant~ Where are you!!!??? Shineon, I hope your cruise didn't take you to banana split island. Jant, come back to the brite side.

Last edited by nomoredonuts4me; 03-04-2008 at 09:07 AM.
Old 03-04-2008, 06:04 AM   #9  
Super Maintainer

angieroo~ I just looked at your diet blog

Last edited by nomoredonuts4me; 03-04-2008 at 06:17 AM.
Old 03-04-2008, 06:19 AM   #10  

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomoredonuts4me View Post
graduatethin~ FYI: In the past, the moderators post a message to start a new thread after 40 or so pages.

How many weeks are there in stabilization? just curious.

I will be crossing my fingers for you tomorrow
Just think, you will be 50 pounds lighter and Fit & Fifty.
If I understand correctly, there are 6 weeks of stabilization. I know when I go today I will get some new choices for protein. My counselor said I would be getting peanut butter and nuts back. I am not a big PB fan, but she is so she was real excited. I do like almonds, so I am stocked and ready to go! lol Thanks for the vote of confidence!
Old 03-04-2008, 06:26 AM   #11  

Donuts:

I have gotten similar comments, mostly from my mother! I just try to keep thinking of the numbers and what they mean. You will know when you are at that healthy weight. Remember, these people have seen major change in a short amount of time! You are doing so great, don't let anyone slow you down now! I remember when I was about 10 from goal and everyone saying are you done?? But the last ten have come off slowly and I think it is not as drastic of a change. You will be fine, just keep plugging away! I think with all your exercise, you have to be toning and really changing your whole appearance- just lift your chin up and be proud!!
Old 03-04-2008, 08:23 AM   #12  
Bringin' Sexy Back

S/C/G: 275/ticker/175

Height: 5'6"

Donuts...I liked some of the breakfast ideas you gave Tim, those are some nice changes.

I am glad to hear that I am not the only one that has started looking at food differently.

I wi in a little while, I will let you all know how it goes. As long as I lose a 1/2 pound I get to sign the 65 pound board, but I think I am closer to the 2 pounds lost, but we shall see, my scale is always a bit different than MRC's.

I too have started getting comments, mostly from family, that says, oh you look great, you don't need to lose another 35 pounds. But they don't know that I am still over 200 pounds. I too carry my weight pretty well, I would say that it is evenly distributed all over LOL So my advice, just keep doing what you know is best for your body. You know your weight, and your healthy numbers. Don't let those around you change your goals. Remember, feeders, I think those same feeders can be the ones that tell you you've lost enough.

Last edited by Goal4Life; 03-04-2008 at 08:24 AM.
Old 03-04-2008, 08:30 AM   #13  
Bringin' Sexy Back

S/C/G: 275/ticker/175

Height: 5'6"

angierue...loved the post on your blog from the website that adjusted your pic, but not your head! LMAO!
Keep up your great work! You are so determined, before long you will be signing board after board, and really seeing some great results!
Old 03-04-2008, 09:17 AM   #14  
MRC started March 8, 2008

S/C/G: 258/189/150

Hi Donuts,

Before I decided to try MRC I thought I was having weight loss surgory, my insurance company thought differently. Many friends and family would tell me "Oh your not heavy enough for surgory" I am 100 lbs overweight and they said not heavy enough? Also before when I would lose weight they would say the same thing to me "you look great just the way you are" in there own way I think they were just trying to give a compliment, I bet if they knew their words were deterring you and keeping you from your goal they never would have said a thing. My husband tells me he loves me the way I am and I am beautiful, bless the man for saying it but he loves me, that makes him prejudiced to it. I ask myself "what would a stranger have to say who doesn't see me everyday and who doesn't love me, or a doctor that has never seen me before?" I am sure the transformation is amazing, and even more so to them that know and love you, but you are the one that has to live with you.
I tend to rattle on sometimes.

3monkeysmomma
Old 03-04-2008, 10:51 AM   #15  
Mommato3

S/C/G: 199.5/163.5/149.5

Height: 5.7

I posted this on the old thread, so I moved it over here!

Okay, I am writing to whine! I went in for a wi yesterday, and I was up 1/2 a pound. I know that isn't so horrible, but I so did not want to be up. It is totally my own fault. We were out of town for five days, and I did not keep up with my HNS's as well as I should have. Also, I had little "cheats" which I kept telling myself were okay because they were little. (A tater tot here, a few chips there, etc.) So, I should be glad that I wasn't up any higher than 1/2 a pound! I learned a valuable lesson--every bite that goes into my mouth "counts." Please help me remember this in the future. I really need some support and an "accountability" monitor.!!!!
Closed Thread