South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 03-05-2008, 06:00 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Default Happy Humpday Chat!

Coffee's ready, everyone! Teapot is ready to go, too.

I hope this morning finds everyone healthy. There is so much sickness going on around here, they even closed a school yesterday because of it. Audrey's feeling better, but I think we're going to keep her home one more day. I'll have to see how she's feeling before I decide whether or not to let her go to her dance lessons this afternoon, too.
So there's nothing exciting going on here today, except that I may have to row over to Curves, we got a lot of rain overnight!
Old 03-05-2008, 06:15 AM   #2  
-

S/C/G: Size 16 to 18/Size 6/I'm there

Height: 5"3" Age: 55

Cottage, be careful driving around on those wet streets! And hope Audrey is better soon. Good idea keeping her home one more day. It never ceases to amaze me when people send 1/2 sick kids back to school..it's so much better to make sure they feel better before sending them back after being ill.

Busy Busy today...have to start getting my house in order for my daughter's arrival tomorrow night. So much to do, so little time. I found a great recipe yesterday that we had for dinner. The "dipping sauce" made a ton, so I think I'm going to use the rest of it on chicken and pasta today. I just used lean stew meat instead of the expensive stuff and it was still very good...but it would also work with chicken very well.
Old 03-05-2008, 06:19 AM   #3  
Determined to lose!

we have nothing but Ice...Winter storm is here, the area, streets everything nothing but ice.

sorry, cant stay and chat, just woke up, 2 hours late again and need a shower. schools are closed, but college is open so I have to wake the kid.
Old 03-05-2008, 06:23 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Mmmmm, that recipe does look good, Cat. I bookmarked it, and I'm going to make mine with chicken. Thanks for sharing it. I bet you are so excited about your DD coming in tomorrow!

Loriann, be careful out there in that ice!!!!
Old 03-05-2008, 07:21 AM   #5  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

"I will never budge 'til Spring".......I'm with Julie this morning! Woke to ice pellets against the east windows at three and it's still going. I am so darn glad I can just stay home today - pats self on back for changing ortho appointment to yesterday.

Cottage, they closed a school because of sickies? That's pretty serious. You hang onto those precious girlies until they are all better.

Cat, once again you've posted a good recipe. I have lots of roasted red peppers in the freezer and may try the recipe with chicken. It'll have to be on the GF grill because my BBQ is covered with snow and ice at the moment.

Loriann, sorry you are running late. Be careful out there! I know you are south of the Lake and the radar shows lots of crud in the area.

Hershey and I have had breakfast, she's been out in the crud, we threw another stick into the fire and now we're set for the day! I have the Church Bulletin to write and print and some Fair Board stuff on the list plus working on quilt projects - five at the moment.

The visit to the ortho yesterday went very well. He's pleased with my progress and says my expectations were too high. Apparently the surgery was more extensive and complicated than usual so recovery will be slow. I sure was tired after the drive to town which kind of proves I'm still convalescing, I guess.

Let's see if I can find some spring flowers to cheer us up.

Here's a pic of forsythia that I brought in and forced into bloom in my sunny back window. This is from last March but the landscape is still the same - snow, snow, snow!
Old 03-05-2008, 07:33 AM   #6  
Simply Filling Technique

Smile Morning, ladies!

Morning, ladies, just a quick hello before I eat my breakfast. I think I am going to have my "usual". I am soooo boring.

I know that the winter is really dragging for you northerners but down here we get tired of bare trees and it looking so "dead". Of course, with spring comes spring allergies but that is another thread, right? lol

Have a good one, all of you, I actually got on early, imagine that??? lol
Old 03-05-2008, 07:55 AM   #7  
Ready to Change

S/C/G: 170/160/125

Height: 5 ft

Morning Ladies, it is kinda of raining here, but we are susposed to get 6 hours of freezing rain. Hope it stays away til after I get dd back from her drs app. The dance mom thing ended up going on again all day yesterday. As another mother piped in. I am hoping that that was the end of it. But this is a shortned version. 3 mothers made up the committee, for 3 years. Parents were complaining, so the owners asked them if they wanted a break. Now they are telling everyone they were fired. Then the new committee came in. I was only going to be a back up for the new leader. She freaked out with all the tensions from two of these moms, so I was up to bat. There are personality conflicts between one of the old moms and one of the moms on the committee. Anyway we had a adult dance fundraiser which one mom was not involved in as she had to work and h*ll broke loose from there. It has been just a nightmare. I could give you more details but I don't think there is enough space. lol. Anyway we know have to hubbys involved. I am waiting for April to be over as I don't think my dd is going to compete after this dance year as she is going to be a teacher. So we will have to do one more competition is Nov but it is here in the city so I don't really have to fundraise for that one. Sorry chicks but someone asked. Hope you all have a good day, I am hoping mine will be a better one. See ya LC
Old 03-05-2008, 08:17 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 302/229/140

Height: 5'11"

Little chick I thought you guys were getting a snow storm over there!!! We're getting some ice here too but not as heavy as NB. Guess I'll do Yoga today. I'm not into walking on ice. We lost power for a short time this morning.

I have another day off today and work tommorow and friday. Well.... orientation. My Permenent residency paperwork is Finally off in the mail. We celebrated with a very lean sirloin steak, not really a break from the diet but a bit expensive anyway. Maybe I'll get the test results today.
Old 03-05-2008, 08:29 AM   #9  
Visualizing the Goal

Height: 5'4"

Linda, I thought the rain was done for the day, but a quick peek outside shows it teeming now! Goodness. Glad I got my run in earlier when it was not pouring buckets from the heavens! Hope Audrey feels better!

Cat, thanks for posting that recipe. That site looks terrific - I'll have to bookmark it!

Loriann, be careful on that ice!

Ruth, I'm glad your appointment went well! Take it easy, now.

Pam, what's your usual? We're having steel cut oats this morning (the crockpot recipe). I was talking it up to my mom the other day and promised her a taste the next time I did them, so I'll have to run a Glad container over there sometime today.

Oh, LC. What a disaster! Sounds worth of a reality show!!!

Jen, I'm crossing my fingers that your test results come back wonderful!

Well, I should get some breakfast in my belly. The kids have their first gymnastics class this morning, so that should be fun! They're really looking forward to it - Kadyn I think more for the leotard than the actual class! She loves to dress up!

I'll chat at ya later!

Kara
Old 03-05-2008, 08:33 AM   #10  
Trying it again....

S/C/G: 237/237/145

Good morning all. Nothing much here today. I've told myself I am gonna stay on track today. And really try to throw some exercise in it too and really try to stick with it. I've lost 10 pounds and stuck at that, I know I can do another 10. We are getting rid of one puppy today. I am really sad. She was our only female, very pretty dog. She is a female, you can see it. She's very feminine and petite (like her mommy). I will surely miss her. DH named her Lola. I am the caretaker of these dogs and I really got attached to them. Although, their kennel stinks and the house is beginning to smell like it and it's making me sick. I will be glad when all (but the one we are keeping) are gone and I don't have to clean up after them. I am tired today. Everyone have a good day and stay warm and dry.
Old 03-05-2008, 08:41 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 148/142/120

Height: 5'NOTHING

Cottage - Sometimes I actually like when one of my kids is home and not "so" sick. It gives me some time to spend with them that I might not otherwise get. That, and I can SPOIL them individually!

Femme - I'm not a grilled meat person, but that dipping sauce sounds yummy. I bet it would be good with grilled shrimp, too.

Loriann - Did I ask you where in NY you were? I'm near Buffalo.

Pam - I started allergy shots in the fall, and I'm hoping by spring I'll have enough immunity that I won't have spring allergies. Here's hoping, at least.

LC - I despise catty people. They should just grow up, you know?

I have a lot of running around to do today. It's my first day "out" on P1, so I have to plan ahead, I know. I'm just not sure what to take, so I'll probably take some of everything. I have a lot to do to get ready, so I really should shove off soon.

Last night was an emotional night for me. I made it through without running to food, though - I was so proud of myself. I even lost another pound as of this morning - that's THREE! I think that now that I've found you ladies, this will finally be the time I stick with it. Thank you!

So, my emotional night is summed up by this: I am supposed to go to school in the fall, as I mentioned. I'm wanting to go to a specific master's program. By the time I would finish, I would be near 40, but that wasn't a problem. What finally HIT me was that my kids would still be too young. I had been thinking that I'd get a job where I could start early and be home when they get home (I have to pick them up), but I had completely forgotten about summers.

I basically came to the conclusion that it really doesn't make sense for me to go back to school because I couldn't start in my new field until I'm closer to 45. A little too late for that. Now when the end of summer comes, I'm going to look for something part-time that I can be off from school with the kids. I know it's nearly impossible, but that's what I"ll have to do. I've got a little pity party going (no cake) because I was really starting to think that I might finally succeed on my own. Things I should have thought of when having four kids, but didn't.

And no, I couldn't put my kids in daycare all summer. It's just not something I could do.

Well, gotta go get stuff ready for the day.
Old 03-05-2008, 08:50 AM   #12  
Visualizing the Goal

Aw, Krystal. I'm sorry things aren't working out for school. Why don't you go ahead with the classes anyway, even if you don't end up going right to work? You'd still have the degree and be able to use it once your kids are old enough. It's important to have something that is "yours". I completely understand!

Tawnya, here's some for you! Good luck today!

Kara
Old 03-05-2008, 08:57 AM   #13  
Trying it again....

S/C/G: 237/237/145

thanks kara, i need it
Old 03-05-2008, 08:58 AM   #14  
HAPPY HEALTHY ME

S/C/G: 215.4/-/165

Height: 5'2"

Sorry no personals for me today as late lastnight I got word that my grandmother (my dads mom) had pseed away. She had dementia(sp?) & alzheimers(sp?) They called in hospice around the time my dad passed in October and hospice thought it was best not to tell her my dad was gone but they finally told her as she was asking for him like crazy (he was her only son & a bit of her favorite) so on Friday hospice told my aunts to go ahead and tell her that my dad was already waiting for her and they did & she passed lastnight around 9pm.

I am thankful she will no longer suffer as she was a pretty big woman but had gotten down to 80lbs and her mind was bad as she was talking as she was living in the time my dada was a child - it was a sad situation.

I am feeling so many different emotions as I have lost so man people in the last year 2 aunts, 1 uncle, my dad & now my grandmother however I still say all glory goes to God!

Sorry to have made such a dull in your day but I wanted you guys to know as to why I did not do personals.

May you all have a happy & healthy day! I will try & check back later
Old 03-05-2008, 09:23 AM   #15  
-

S/C/G: Size 16 to 18/Size 6/I'm there

Height: 5"3" Age: 55

Fluffy et al....
Yep I think that sauce would be good on anything...pasta,shrimp, chicken, fish, veggies (would be wonderful on eggplant with parm or mozz. cheese)
It is a definate keeper.

Chick, sounds like those Moms are really setting a "great" example for their kids, huh? Do as I say and not as do!!
Closed Thread