Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 03-04-2008, 11:10 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 217/tick/160

Height: 5'5

Default How long till it comes off?

So I posted yesterday about my crappy water weight issue and today I am back down one pound, to 209. My TOM ended Sunday so how long until I get back down to the 207 I was at? Or did I actually GAIN weight? I don't think that's possible, I didn't eat great this weekend but I was also very active. It would make sense for me to not lose this week but it makes no sense for me to have actually gained 3 pounds. If it is in fact water weight will it come off in a week or would it already be gone?
peachcake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2008, 12:25 PM   #2  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

Height: 5'3"

Hey!

It's impossible to say how much of your weight gain is water weight and will go away. You'll just have to stick it out and see!

If you really went overboard with food, then I'm sad to say it is possible there is some weight gain there. Probably not the whole 3 pounds, though!

Have you got a calorie target, or some other food target, and are you sticking with it, come what may? If so, then don't worry--it will work!

Jay
JayEll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2008, 12:28 PM   #3  
On my way to a better ME!

S/C/G: 250/ticker/135

I wouldn't weigh as much as you do. It sounds like it makes you crazy, it would me! Just keep doing what you're doing and let you clothes decide if you're gaining or losing. I would weight once a week (at most) and leave it at that. It is what is, and after all....IT'S JUST A NUMBER! I would concentrate on getting healthy- FIRST.

Good luck to you!
Rocker Chick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2008, 12:37 PM   #4  
Skinny cow in the making!

S/C/G: 193/149/126

Height: 5'4

I doubt you actually gained weight.
Sometimes I find that during my TOM I gain like 7lbs then a week or 2 after it's finished I drop like 9lbs and it's awesome!
So seriously, don't worry at the moment, just keep on plan
Jadeybaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2008, 12:54 PM   #5  

Height: 5'7"

I am experiencing the exact same thing and I am really thinking about not weighing dailly. I have been on track calorie wise and exercise. I do tend to let it upset me when i see a gain. I know that i have been doing this right...except for coming in a little low on calories.
I read that the more you drink the more it flushes water out..so drink up.
debi
dgramie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2008, 01:03 PM   #6  
I can do this, yes I can!

S/C/G: 273/260/180

Height: 5'6"

I am feeling awful today too! Tom should be here today or tomorrow and I have put on 2 pounds at my weigh in today. I'm trying to not let this get me down because I know I stayed on plan this last week.
hardatwork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2008, 01:06 PM   #7  
I'm Just a Little Crazy

S/C/G: 250/215/170

Height: 5'9"

I keep weighing myself... But I am just using it as a general guideline, really. So many things can cause you to flutuate, try not to worry about it too much - as long as your weight is going downwards over time. Whenever my weight fluctuates upwards - I focus on eating on plan and exercising on plan and jsut waiting for it to pass... and I don't count the days when my weight goes up a little! ;o I focus mentally on the days when it fluctuates down a little! And when it does go up - I just tell myself that I need a good poo and all will be set straight again! (I know, I am gross... but, for me, it works!!)
SCraver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2008, 04:28 PM   #8  

Thanks girls! I am eating about 1200 cals a day and was down to a ten pound loss over 4 weeks time so it was working for me! And I was doing 30min of cardio 4 days/week and weights 3 days/week as well as walking my dog for 30min in the am at a brisk pace 5 days/week. I fell off the wagon this weekend but I know I didn't go over about 2200 cals either saturday or sunday and I painted my entire kitchen and was busting my butt doing house stuff all weekend, so I know that I didn't gain due to this weekend, but it may have not helped with losing. It's really not possible that I gained 4 ounds in a day. As my lowest was 206 and the next day it was 210. My weight for my first month of dieting has been pretty stable headed downward. THen it shot up right at the end of TOM. I'll let you know what happens in the next week or so. Thanks for the advice!
Old 03-04-2008, 04:36 PM   #9  
Blonde Bimbo

S/C/G: 250+/144/135

Height: 5' 4"

Everyone is gonna be different in this. I jump around 3 pounds a couple days before my TOM, and it goes back down within a couple days after.
almostheaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2008, 04:52 PM   #10  

I'm just glad that it happens to other people too. I will keep an eye on it and stick to my plan like a leech but I just needed a little encouragment