General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Old 03-02-2008, 12:50 PM   #1  
Changing My Lifestyle

S/C/G: 230/180/140

Height: 5'4"

Default March 08 SlimFasters

Good Morning Ladies!

Have had a great week and weekend. Am finally down from 199...Two Whole Pounds. Will change my ticker now as that has been consistent since Friday. Three WI at the same weight so that's enough for me! Yay!

I'll be back later to post more, just gonna go walk the dog with the Out-Laws.

Cheers, T
tleef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2008, 01:18 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 185/see tracker/125

Height: 4'11"

Good Morning!
I just had a one pound loss this week but that is one pound gone! Looking forward to a better week coming.
I had a busy day yesterday just cleaning and today I think I will try to get a few more boxes packed. I can probably pack up at least 2 or 3 from the kitchen of things that I'm not using right now.
Everybody have a good Sunday and I'll be back later.
Karen31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2008, 01:49 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 257/178/150

Height: 5'6"

Hi Everyone, I'm new to this site and just starting SlimFast today ~ so far, so good. I had the milk chocolate SF optima shake with a banana blended in with it for breakfast. Tasty! I'm at the tail end of my weight loss journey and am ready to have it gone and over with FOREVER! Let's see, a little about me? Well, my name is Barb ~ I'm a HUGE Def Leppard fan and a Joe Elliott junkie! Am happily married, have 8 kids, home school, like to hike, party, shop, chat on line and well, guess that's about it. LOL! Look forward to gettin' to know all of you while we're gettin' smaller.

~Barb~
stickysweetjoegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2008, 03:29 PM   #4  

Hi Barb! Welcome to our Slimfast group! I think you will find lots of encouragement and support here. This group is so great! I'm really glad that I found them. Glad to have you here.
Old 03-03-2008, 10:13 AM   #5  
is baaaad to the bone!

S/C/G: 145!

Height: 5'8"

Thank God It's Monday!!!! I know - weird for me to say that, but I was off track all last week and told myself I'm getting back on track today...Monday Monday Monday! I'm excited to be back on the wagon. I did my best last week to eat reasonably...however, it was hard...I went to both my county fair and the Strawberry Festival, Dinner at Benihana's w/DBF, last weekend spent in Cocoa Beach having tons of fun, this weekend having lots of fun...drinking too much and then spending Sunday on the boat followed up by Mexican for dinner...yeah...wowza! That's a lot of fun having...

Okay...so I already planned my entire day of eating on thedailyplate.com and it seems good. I read an article that stated that folks who get 3 servings of light yogurt in/day lose twice as much weight as those who don't. I already eat (and LOVE) Fiber One's Yogurt...so I'm aiming to get 3 servings of that per day....they have only 80 calories 0 fat and 5 grams of fiber...and they taste good...soooo...I'm doing that and eating like I normally do. I'm ready to kick these last 15lbs in the arse.

I am also going to work out like normal - last week I did not...only got in 2 days...normal for me is 5 days/week....tonight is probably going to suck majorly...oh well, live and learn.

Tamara - so glad you are officially never going to be over 200lbs again! Fab-u-lous!!! Gotta love it. Thanks for giving me an arse kicking...I like it. Ha! I'm glad that I can inspire you - that is such a huge compliment. I swear...I am not hear to inspire, but mostly to get help from all of you....but if I can manage to help you out in return, that is all the better for me.

I am going to try to not weigh myself until Saturday this week. I have NEVER done this before (I'm a daily weigher)...it is going to be super difficult...so expect that it won't last ALL week long (kinda like Tamara and her Fat Smash...sorry, had to be funny!!!)...but I am going to do my best. I also have my next Kmart weigh in on Saturday...so I will check before I go to that...I'm sure I'll be fine for that (only have to lose 2lbs ever 2 weeks...which I already have...but my TOM is coming any day now...so that always makes this weigh in screwy)....

Okay..back to work...
SunshineRunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2008, 10:13 AM   #6  
Changing My Lifestyle

Good Morning!

Karen: A pound is a pound is a pound and before you know it, it's 10lbs! Good for you, keep up the amazing work!

Stickysweetjoegirl:Hi Barb and WELCOME to the SlimFast thread. It looks as though you're doing fantastically on your WL journey! I hope that SF will help you get through the last bit you want to lose. This is a great group and everyone is very supportive. I don't know that I could have gotten where I am already without such a great group cheering me on! Jump right in and ask questions, give ideas and let us know how you're doing. We've started a weekly WI thread as well under General Diets so be sure to go there and record your March 1 starting weight. I'm going to keep track of all the weight that is lost from March 1 onwards so we can see what having a support group can do to help with changing our lives!

Has everyone weighed in for Saturday, March 1? I've started a spreadsheet so we can keep track. Everyone have a fantastic day. I was a little off plan yesterday, but only about 1600 for the day instead of 13-1400. Oh well not too bad and I had a great day with the outlaws!

Cheers,
Tamara

Last edited by tleef; 03-03-2008 at 10:14 AM.
Old 03-03-2008, 11:00 AM   #7  

Hi Girls and thanks for the welcomes! Yesterday went pretty good ~ I did eat a little something that I had told myself not to (jelly beans) but other than that I did well. So, today's a new day and the jelly beans are gone so I SHOULD do this 100% today ~ that's the goal anyway!!! And of course, goals are made to be met, so one day at a time, one goal at a time. Tamara, I will go and record my weight, so ya weigh in each Saturday, right? I have 50 days to go until my first Def Leppard concert of the season and I want to be as close to my goal as possible ~ gotta have NO CHEATS until then, at least!!! Wish me luck!

~Barb~

Last edited by stickysweetjoegirl; 03-03-2008 at 11:01 AM.
Old 03-03-2008, 11:35 AM   #8  
Changing My Lifestyle

Good Monday Amanda! LOL

Sounds like you're up for getting down this week! I didn't weigh in this morning...great minds think alike. I decided I would attempt to wait until next Saturday...but we'll see. I, like you, am a daily scale girl but I'm curious to see what it would be like to only weigh in once a week. I'm going to do my best, but I can't guarantee that the scale won't be screaming my name by Wednesday! LOL

Barb: Yes, we're hoping to keep a weekly weigh in thread going and record our weights each Saturday. So are you totally following the SF meal plan? Do you use the website to record your daily food/water intake? I do only because it makes me see where I'm going over or not getting enough of something. I also like that I can do an entire day with only prep...no thinking "what will I have?"...it's already there for me and I just have to get it ready for the next day. I know there are a few of us on this thread that use the SF products, but don't necessarily follow the plan bang-on. But for ME, I find that is what is working best! Just one little thing that caught my attention in your post. NO CHEATS for 50 days. Now don't get me wrong I think that is very admirable and a good goal. But I've found that if I deprive myself of something I really want I find it much harder to stay on track. If I want something I have it and I just work it into my daily plan. I may have to have a lighter dinner or perhaps even eliminate another snack from the day, but I don't deny myself anything I want. I DO look for healthy alternatives. For instance, on Saturday SO had a huge Strawberry coissant (not just any coissant but sliced in half, filled with whipped cream, straberry filling and drizzled with chocolate and powdered sugar!). I wanted one really bad but instead I cut up 8 big straberries (fresh) and ate them with a Cadbury thin Dark Chocolate bar (100 calories). It was delish...and totally OP so I didn't have to beat myself up over it. So I guess all I'm saying is that instead of giving yourself "Off Limit" foods, just try to keep junk to a minimum and work in the stuff you do eat (or at least record it) into a daily journal.

Cheers,
Tamara
Old 03-03-2008, 11:37 AM   #9  
One pound at a time!

S/C/G: 264/239/199

Hi Ladies~

Barb~ Welcome! It's great to see you posting and joining our little group! Congratulations on losing 70 pounds already! That is awesome! What did you do to lose it? I hope Slim Fast goes well for you. Keep us updated!

Tamara~ Yay! It's exciting to see you move off of 199! You're doing great.

As for me, I didn't have a great weekend. My husband has been really sick for almost a week. We finally took him to a doctor on Saturday to get some antibiotics, but they haven't started helping yet. He's just been so miserable. Hopefully today will bring some relief. Anyway, that made for a really lame Birthday for me on Friday. We did go out to dinner on Friday (though he didn't eat much). I ate way off-plan, but that was ok. I had been planning for it all week to celebrate my birthday and my goal of 20 pounds. The rest of the weekend I ate really well and got a lot of exercise ~ I am sore this morning.
Anyway, that's all I can think of for now. Talk to you again soon,
Beth

Last edited by bethbeth; 03-03-2008 at 11:39 AM.
bethbeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2008, 01:21 PM   #10  

Hi Beth and thanks for the welcome! And Happy late Birthday! Sorry the hub is sick ~ no fun. We've had the flu in our house for a couple weeks now, just keeps goin' around ~ ugh!!!
Tamara ~ Yeah, I totally know what you are talking about with the deprivation thing and all and I know you are right ~ BUT ~ I also know that for me, if I am not super strict, if I don't have my head totally wrapped around it, then I keep screwing up and eating what I shouldn't (that's why I STILL have this weight to lose) ~ so I know that if I TOTALLY commit myself and really be strong then after a few days, I can overcome anything, it's the first few days of really gettin' my head wrapped around it that matters most and is the hardest. No, I'm not following the SF program. I basically am drinking the SF shakes for my meals, putting a banana in my breakfast one, berries in my lunch one and apple in my dinner one. So far, so good cuz the shakes really do hold me over. I am taking my multi-vits each day plus B-Complex and Biotin. And of course, drinking lotsa water and tea (unsweetened). I figure if I stick to this until the day of the first show I should be at goal and then I can start adding veggies in and weining off the shakes.
I lost the 70# eating low fat ~ 10% and less each day, about 1200 calories and lots of exercise. I lost my motivation cuz everyone kept telling me how awesome I look and I finally just got it in to my head, "You are NOT done!" So, I'm back at it. I sidetracked for a while into the low carb world and lost about 30#, only to put it right back on cuz I can NOT stick to low carb and it comes back on SOOOOO fast. So, that's where I am and looking forward to being done with this and never having to LOSE weight again. Maintaining, that's fine, but losing, I want it FINISHED!

So, here's to a good day!
~Barb~
Old 03-03-2008, 01:34 PM   #11  
One pound at a time!

S/C/G: 264/239/199

Barb~
Have you checked out the the Slim Fast website? (www.slimfast.com)
The shakes are not really made to be your only food for the day, as they say right on them. The website explains how to use the slim fast products in conjunction with healthy foods to get a balanced diet. At my weight, the website advises that per day I eat one Slim Fast meal, one Slim Fast plus other healthy food meal, and one healthy meal of lean meat, carb, and veggies, plus 3 snacks. It advises that I try to get 4-5 fruits and veggies a day and total around 1500 calories per day. I have been following this plan and it is working for me. I don't keep track on the Slim Fast website, nor have I tried out any of the recipies that they offer, but I keep track of everything myself.
Anyway, I hope day 2 is going well for you. Keep us posted. And congrats again on 70 pounds!
Beth

Last edited by bethbeth; 03-03-2008 at 01:35 PM.
bethbeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2008, 04:56 PM   #12  

Hey Beth, Yeah, I've seen their stuff ~ everyone's recommendations etc. I'm just listening to my body and goin' from there. I asked my Dr. about what I'm doing and he said that although it is very low in calories that all of the nutrients are there that I need and as long as I'm feeling good then to go for it..........so..............I'm goin' for it! LOL! So glad you are following the plan and it's working!! Yeah!! It always feels SOOO good when you find something that TRULY works for you and that you can stick with. Losing weight feels so great, doesn't it. It's awesome to be in control and not letting something else control you. Question for you all, do any of you watch "Biggest Loser"? That show, to me, is so awesome. I just love what they are doing for people's lives. I can NOT imagine working out 4+ hours a day but I guess when you have someone like Jillian after you!!! LOL! So, anyway........doin' great and hope you all are too!

~Barb~
Old 03-03-2008, 10:14 PM   #13  
Getting there...

S/C/G: 195.6/see ticker/135

Height: 5' 6"

Hi all,

This week is still going well, nothing official yet since my weigh-ins are Thursdays - thus I'll be a little later at the weekly threads. Hopefully they will be an ongoing thing not just Saturdays. Today wasn't as great as the weekend but I worked at the school (last minute) so didn't have the best food choices available. Tomorrow is also a work day but I knew about it ahead of time so am more prepared.

Based on the home scale I should see a 1-2 lb loss this week - so I am feeling better about things after not much change in the last little while.

Snuggles to all...
jaxjob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2008, 11:08 PM   #14  

Hello everyone! I hope everyone has had a good day today and plan for a better one tomorrow!

Barb, I don't follow the SF plan to a T either. I usually have a SF Chocolate Royale shake for breakfast, then lunch is a French Vanilla shake with a cup of strawberries blended in-- Yummy! Plus I usually have a slice of toast too at lunch. During the day I may have an apple or an orange if I think about it and feel hungry. Then Supper Monday through Thursday is usually a meal bar and a salad. Friday, Saturday & Sunday we usually have a burger(no bun) and salad on Friday, then Saturday, steak(4 ounce) and salad then Sunday is chicken (4 ounce breast grilled) with a salad. If I feel like it I will make some extra veggies for my weekend meals. Anyway, this is what I've decided to try for at least the next couple weeks. I really don't seem to be hungry and I figure the people on Survivor don't get even this much and they survive. And SF is so much more nutritious then anything they can get. Maybe crazy logic but at least for now it seems to be working for me. My calories work out to be in between 1000 and 1200 most of the time. I'm also doing at least 45 minutes on the Gazelle and 15 minutes on the ab lounge each day.

Tamara, I've watched the Sweatin' to the Oldies 1 & 2 while I've been doing the Gazelle. I'm hoping that within the next couple weeks that I will try to get one of the DVD's worked in each day too. They are so much fun! The fifth DVD in the set is a motivational DVD that is "Love Yourself and Win" He talks to some of the people that he has helped and talks about the 6 steps. I watched it today while using the Gazelle. I think it will be fun doing his DVD's and I love the music!!

Hi Jax, Good Luck on you weigh in!

Amanda, Doesn't it seem so hard to get back on track when you have been off for awhile?? I hate that! I have a grandson who is having a birthday the middle of the month and I'm already getting nervous about it!! They are planning a birthday party for him on the 15th! Trying to get my strategies down now!

Well, everyone, hope you have a good evening and I'll catch you tomorrow!
Old 03-04-2008, 09:39 AM   #15  

Hi Everyone! Had a good day yesterday ~ stuck to my plan 100%. Yeah!
As for exercise ~ I am doing some of Leslie Sansone's DVD's (I trade off) and I do Body Flex and then I do some exercises with a resistance band that hooks around your ankles. I enjoy it and that seems to be key for me. I am REALLY looking forward to the weather getting warmer so I can walk outside. Right now everything is still yuck!
Karen, what you're doing sounds good to me and I figure if what you are doing is working and you feel good, well, that's it! LOL! As for the people on 'Survivor' and all that ~ you are ABSOLUTELY right. When I was talking to my Dr. he said that people don't need as many calories as we've been led to believe.............not that I'm a big Dr. person but seems most people need to hear things from the medical guys before they believe it. LOL!! I know the folks on Biggest Loser are around 1200 - 1600 and then working out like they do ~ most people would say that's a starvation diet ~ but sure seems to work and they don't seem weak and sickly ~ quite the opposite. So, anyway, it's gonna be a good day!! Looking forward to weighing in on Saturday.

~Barb~