Old 03-01-2008, 03:17 AM   #1  
My Evolution

S/C/G: Size 26/Size 18/Size 8

Height: 4'11"

Default Ultimate Goal Challenge--March (Month 4)

Everyone is welcome. There are no specific rules. Post early and post often. The main purposes for this thread are support and to report progress. The goal of the challenge is for you as an individual to meet your "ultimate goal". I wish you the best on this journey and I will be here to support you along the way.

We have a small dedicated group but we would love for more people to join us!
Shay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2008, 03:44 AM   #2  
My Evolution

Default February Successes

POUNDS LOST
ggmugsy--3.2 lbs

NSV
Shay--10 binge free days

Last edited by Shay; 03-01-2008 at 10:15 PM.
Old 03-01-2008, 08:12 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 212/190'ish/125

Height: 5' 2"

Congratulations Shay!!! That's a fabulous NSV!!!

I am DISGUSTED with my meager loss in February and am ready to kick some fanny!!! I don't get it. I know one week I ate 20 more points than I was allotted, but the entire rest of the month I was OP and exercising regularly. I don't get it . . .

The good news is I've settled on an amount with the insurance company taking care of my son's wreck and we purchased him a new car this morning. I called his new car into my insurance and was FURIOUS with the amount. $187.40 higher than his old car for 6 months. Found a NEW insurance company after I explained to the lady at Geico (whom I have been with for over 20 years!!!) that an increase of that amount is obscene. If anybody wants to check into a new car insurance company AIG Direct was awesome to me.

Enough complaining!! I am SO THANKFUL to all of you in our little group. This is way more fun than TBL!!!
ggmugsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2008, 10:17 PM   #4  
My Evolution

ggmugsy--I am so happy to have this group too. 3FC as a whole has been so helpful to me. I especially like the 24/7 aspect of it. I've heard Geico is great until you have an accident.
Old 03-02-2008, 02:56 PM   #5  
this is my time

S/C/G: 200/174/135

Height: 5'6"

Well i feel much better. and thank you for a ll the well wishes. starting today i will be back at it. my goals for march are get back in the habit of exercising on a regular basis and to loss about 5 pounds. the main focus though is going to be the exercising.
mrsaugie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2008, 04:00 PM   #6  
takeitoff&Keepitoff

Hi everyone.
I would like to join your group.

My ultimate challenge is to get back on track and get to my goal weight this year; and most important of all is to keep the weight off forever.

I've been a yoyo dieter almost all my life, and this time I'm determined that I will try my very best to keep the weight off permanently.

I'm aiming to lose at least 7lbs. this month.
girlieyorkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2008, 02:52 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 275/259/130

Height: 5'3"

Welcome girlieyorkie! You will find this group is awesome for support through the yoyo phase!!

Have any of you guys ever checked out Self Magazine? Every march they do their self challenge- I am totally comitting to doing it this year! It's a three month commitment that comes with a plan for cardio, strength training, and eating. It also has a contract you sign with yourself. As my name implies, I have half-heartedly started it a few times... I am really going to try to follow this time!

So, March mini goals- successfully follow the self challenge month 1 plan!

Oh, and we had a belated surprise 60th birthday party for my mom today! It was the first time since the stroke that she has really been out with lots of friends, and it felt like life might possible be moving back towards normal...and I didn't eat everything in sight! I am playing hooky from work tomorrow and having a "me" day as my reward. I am going to the gym, I am going to spend some time in the steam room, and I am going to sleep in. Bring on Monday!

Have a great week girls!!
TimeToTryAgain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2008, 08:38 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 253/ticker/130

Height: 5'1

Ok Shay I found you! I'm back from my awesome weekend w/ my BF. Anbd today I'm starting again! I've realized that although i am 1/2 way to my ultimate goal - I still have an EXTREMELY unhealthy relationship with food. I binge eat when I'm proud of something I've done, when I'm depressed, when I go out for a great weekend (this past one is NOT excluded) I use food as a reward and punishment system - and then feel guilty about it. I know I've done it for years - and I can see myself doing it to my DD as well.

I'm going to the book store today and getting some books on IE to redefine my relationship with food. I know it's not easy - but If I don't figure out something then I'm going to ALWAYS yo-yo back and forth. I don't want to do that!

Ellyn - to our little group

GG- good to see you as always And STOP beating yourself up!!! You are doing awesome!

My goal for March is going to change - it's not a weight loss goal - but a reconditioning goal. My goal is to have at least 15 binge free days - and to learn more about reconstructing a healthy relationship with food.... although i will probably still weigh in for the St. Patty's day challenge - because I don't want to let those girls down
Enygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2008, 12:45 PM   #9  

Alright - I just ordered a book on intuitive eating on Amazon - I'm cheap - so they won't be here for probably a week or so - but I'm doing some online stuff too to start retraining my thinking.

Another girl on a different forum sent me this link http://www.thefitshack.com/2007/10/0...yourself-thin/
and starting today I'm going to do the 31 day challenge. I'm going to get a special notebook just for this journey.

I'm so grateful that I have you girls to turn to! THANK YOU 3 FAT CHICKS!!!!!

Last edited by Enygirl; 03-03-2008 at 05:13 PM.
Old 03-03-2008, 01:22 PM   #10  

MrsAugie: I'm so glad to hear you are feeling better and that you have set a goal for March.

Elyn: Welcome to our group!!

Enygirl: My TBL weigh in today was 178.8. Oh, what a difference a couple of days makes . . . Get your running shoes on and come catch me!!!

Shay: I'm so glad you're feeling better!! You truly seem like you have found balance. Nobody will ever achieve perfection. I think the best any of us can hope for is balance.

I'm doing Weight Watchers on-line and my total points has changed only once since I started last April. I kept thinking I should be getting fewer points but nothing happened. Today, I clicked on my points number in my profile and voila!! It took me to a questionnaire about my weight and activity and when I pressed enter my points changed!! They took away 2 points. No wonder my weight loss has slowed down. You have to manually ask it to prompt the system to change your points. Doesn't that sound like a way to keep us all fat and paying their fees? grrrr.

My DSS leaves next week for 15 months in Iraq. (This will be the 2nd time he's been there for longer than 12 months at a time.) He's been calling a lot lately. I'm kinda blue about it . . . He has 2 little boys. 15 months is a very long time to be gone when you have young children.

I'm going to take my blue mood downstairs and workout!!!

Last edited by ggmugsy; 03-03-2008 at 01:24 PM.
Old 03-03-2008, 05:14 PM   #11  

GG - WTG! - I've been in complete self-sabotage mode for about a week now. I need to find a balance. I will catch you - and I will beat you (I don't lose) but it probably won't be this month... I need to find my focus again - and I'm taking this month to do it. I'm not weighing in until St. Patty's day. I'm hoping to still hit my goal - and I'll work towards it - but right now I need to recenter... and do some yoga!
Old 03-03-2008, 08:48 PM   #12  

TTTA - my sister loves Self magazine and has signed up for their challenge.

Enygirl - if you're going to catch me, now would be the month!! My birthday is the day before St. Patty's day.

Hugs to you all!!
Old 03-03-2008, 09:33 PM   #13  
My Evolution

Whew...I missed a lot!

This is a busy time of year for me at work. I work in recreation. Therapeutic recreation specifically--individuals with disabilities. We are gearing up for summer. Today was the first day of registration. So much to do, so little time. School on top of that doesn't really help. As long as I'm organized I feel good. It can be overwhelming at times but I am ready!!!

mrsaugie--You can do it !

girlieyorkie!

TTTA--I am a faithful subscriber to Self. Love it! I've never done the challenges. Good for you for taking the day off. We all need a mental health day every now and then. How was it? Fantastic I hope!

enygirl--go for it! Definitely not an overnight thing but a moment by moment thing. I've realized that it is something I must always be conscious of. They say knowing is half the battle, right?

ggmugsy--I understand about Iraq. My brother's been there since December. He's been to every war/conflict/battle in the past twenty years. He called my mom yesterday. She felt so good. My brother has 4 girls: 12, 7, 23 months, and 1.5 months.
Old 03-04-2008, 11:10 AM   #14  

Shay: How sad . . . your brother hasn't been able to hold his new baby?? That kind of stuff just breaks my heart. How awesome he was able to call your mom!! I bet that made her day!

TTTA: It's great to know your mom is feeling better, too. The human body is an amazing thing. Was your day at the spa fabulous??

I switched my insurance AGAIN. I ended up with Nationwide. I am getting my homeowners and car insurance for less than I was paying for just my cars before. I feel silly I hadn't shopped insurance in 21 years.

It's snowing . . . again . . . will winter ever end??

I printed off a low cal mac & cheese recipe from Weight Watchers. If it's good, I'll share it with ya'all!!
Old 03-05-2008, 10:36 AM   #15  

Baked Macaroni and Cheese with Broccoli

POINTS® Value: 5
Servings: 8
Preparation Time: 15 min
Cooking Time: 45 min
Level of Difficulty: Moderate

This casserole-like dish hits the spot when you’re in the mood for a hearty pasta recipe. Serve right away for the best flavor and texture.

Ingredients

* 2 sprays cooking spray
* 12 oz uncooked pasta, gemelli or other twisted pasta (about 2 1/2 cups)
* 1/8 tsp table salt, for pasta cooking water
* 10 oz broccoli, small florets (about 2 1/2 cups)
* 1 tsp butter
* 1/3 cup fresh bread crumbs
* 3 Tbsp grated Parmesan cheese, divided
* 2 1/2 cup fat-free skim milk
* 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
* 1/2 cup onion(s), diced
* 1 cup low-fat shredded cheddar cheese, sharp-variety
* 1 tsp Dijon mustard
* 1 1/2 tsp table salt
* 1/2 tsp black pepper, freshly ground

Instructions

* Preheat oven to 375ºF. Coat a shallow 2-quart baking dish with cooking spray.

* Cook pasta in a large pot of lightly salted boiling water according to package directions, adding broccoli to water 3 minutes before pasta will be done; drain pasta and broccoli and return to pot.

* Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, melt butter over medium heat; add bread crumbs and cook, stirring often, until light golden, about 2 minutes. Remove from heat and transfer crumbs to a small bowl; stir in 1 tablespoon of Parmesan cheese and set aside.

* In same saucepan (wipe clean if necessary), whisk together milk and flour until blended; add onion. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat, whisking frequently. Reduce heat to low and simmer until thickened, about 2 minutes.

* Remove from heat and whisk in Cheddar cheese, mustard, salt, pepper and remaining 2 tablespoons of Parmesan cheese. Pour over cooked, drained pasta and broccoli; toss to mix and coat.

* Transfer to a baking dish and sprinkle top evenly with bread crumb mixture. Bake until bubbly at edges, about 20 to 25 minutes. Divide into 8 pieces and serve. Yields 1 piece per serving.

My notes: I was short on broccoli and threw in some frozen cauliflower. It was great. I used whole wheat elbow macaroni because it was what I had on hand. I didn't have reduced fat cheddar so I used reduced fat Velveeta. Next time I'll use slightly less flour and not cook the sauce as long because I like a thinner sauce. You could add chicken if you wanted . . .