Closed Thread

Old 03-03-2008, 07:42 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 380/Ticker/180

Height: 5'7"

Default 300+ Weekly Thread #1148

We are a group of individuals who weigh or have weighed 300+, or near there. This group was formed to provide a place for others like us to find support and hope. We are aware of the distinct problems that come with weighing over 300 lbs.

We want to invite everyone (roosters as well as chicks!) to join us in our journey. We share laughter and tears, heartaches and fears ... joys and celebrations. We also share what works for us and what doesn't.

We know the thread can move very quickly, and that people often make "personal" remarks and keep a number of conversations going. Please feel free to contribute even if you can't make personal comments all the time.

Finally, we also have several extra threads going on simutaneously such as Monthly Challenges, Weekly Weigh-ins, Recipes, Bios, Photos, Exercise, Info for Getting Started and more. Many of these threads are stickied at the top of the page. Please feel free to check them all out.

We have found this thread to be more than just a support group... we have found it to become a home. We invite you to join us.

I know you'll all agree that we are really thankful for the free services here at 3FC. The sisters offer all of this support and information with no charges to us. There are a couple of ways though that we can help out.

If you are thinking about buying anything at Amazon, why not help out 3FC at the same time? You can do this by clicking on the button for the Amazon "store" in the upper right hand corner of the screen on the PURPLE tool bar. A portion of your purchase price will be given to 3FC by Amazon. It doesn't increase your price at all, but it does help out 3FC. You can use any of the Amazon.com links that you see on the site in order to help contribute to the site.

Also, BTW, in case you didn't know it, you can view the message boards "ad free" for a minimal charge. I think it's $15 for 6 months. A very small investment to be rid of the annoying ads and make your pages load quicker.

There have been some concerns expressed by the powers that be about copyright infringement. So please, if you are directly quoting someone else or printing an article in whole or in part, please give credit where credit is due!!!
Old 03-03-2008, 07:59 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 380/Ticker/180

Good Morning!

Whew...another crazy week has flown by. 3 days of OT and a sick kid sure can keep ya busy! Doug is sick again, but we are going to dinner tonight...I don't care if he snots all over the place!! (sorry if that was TMI!! ) Yesterday was a pretty boring day for a Birthday!! But to give him credit, he did get up early to get me a cheese danish(one of my favs!) for breakfast. But then he spent the rest of the day in bed, Sammi had dance and then a 5 page paper to finish, so I let the boys go to a concert. So I plan to make up for it today at the Cheesecake factory. I love their lettuce wraps and I am going to make sure I account for the cheescake, I should be ok with points. I will be back OP on Tuesday with a vengence, because I only have a month and a half until it's time to go see my parents. I want my parents to see a difference to prove I am sticking to my guns this time. We got the new treadmill, so hopefully it will help.

I have been lurking when I had the oppertunity, so for all the sickies, "losers", and those struggling, a big from me!!

Have a Great Day!
Old 03-03-2008, 09:22 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 351/286/140

Height: 5'6"

Morning all...

Time for a monday morning rant...

I visited my Aunt and uncle on Sunday. They live close but I dont see them as often as I should. Anyhow I have not seen her since my grandpas funeral..that was jan 7th. Anyhow...she emailed me later on that day saying she enjoyed the visit and had I lost weight???? I was like huh..did you find some laying around your house..lol...anyhow she knows how I have struggled with ym weight and she is not the type that would say something just to perk me up. I was not wearing a new outfit or anything. Ofcourse I dont weigh myself so I have no clue. ONLY thing I am doind differntly is watching what and how much I eat. Even if it is something bad like a cookie..I make sure that I only have 2.

Ok..so i tell hubby and he looks at me and says..drum roll please...."where would she get a crazy idea like that?"

I was shocked..he never says stuff like that. I asked him why is that so hard to believe..he said well you have not been working out..which btw is true. ;(

At first I was mad as heck at him..BUT then I realized...she does not see me all the time...sooo if I have lost any amount she might notice as to where people that see me all the time won't notice til alot is lost..I think.

Anyhow I said to him.(hubby) I dont know if I have lost weight, but if I did it is nice that someone notices. I think he knew he hurt my feelings...

So I have to get serious this month. No more mesing around. I am going to rent the WATp dvd again..and stop sitting on my behind all the time.

thanks for listening..have a great day yall.
Old 03-03-2008, 09:38 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 300+/275/150

Height: 5'8"

Hi, I'm back in the land of the living, just!!!lol, I'm still getting pains in my leg but nothing as bad as before. If it hasn't gone by tomorrow I have to see the Dr again for some strong meds. I feel like being OFF PLAN, like most of last week BUT as I weighed in & have gained I HAVE to get OP, even if I'm not up to exercising.
Annie LOVE the dungees!!!! Do you realise you are TWO-THIRDS OF THE WAY TO GOAL??? Ammi & I chatted a while ago about how far you've come & if we don't get OP you will pass us by & be at goal and considering how long I've been here & what I had/have to lose I should be ashamed!!! You on the other hand are a shining example of what CAN be done!xxxxxx

Gotta go & catch up on housework, HUGSXXXX
xxxxsharon
Old 03-03-2008, 10:16 AM   #5  
Anne

S/C/G: 407/358-Dec2007/tracker/125

Height: 5'4"

Good morning all,

TOM is over (what a pain) and I'm down 5 lbs even this week. I've actually decided to focus more on the weekly average instead of the specific number on a Monday. Since with cycles, there's at least one bad weigh-in per month. So, the average loss since Dec is 2.48 lbs per week.

My excess exercise on Saturday has provided a nice dull ache (although minor) in my left leg. Nothing I can say specifically hurts, so I'll exercise today and keep an eye on it. I ended up taking one unplanned rest day in February after overdoing it a little. I want to make sure I can keep up with the exercise. I don't want to end up unable to, so I'm trying to listen to my body.

Donna - Sounds like you have a good plan for dinner tonight. Hope you enjoy your night out. And happy belated birthday by the way!

Cyn - those closest to us rarely see the changes as much as others do. My mother asked yesterday how much I'd lost since starting back and was surprised at the answer. Of course, I am still wearing the same clothing (elastic waisted casual and work-out wear), so I shouldn't be surprised. On the flip side I don't think she even realised that I'd gained weight since we came home.

Sharon - maybe March (with the coming spring) should be the month everyone gets on plan. Not a challenge as much as an opportunity. With a new month comes new goals and new chances to have a great month. Best of luck.

Bernice - congrats on getting below 300. I can see you're very happy about it. That Easter goal looks pretty good to hit as well!
Old 03-03-2008, 10:34 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 300/280/190

GM everyone.. we had a lovely weekend and for the first time in awhile the sun is shining in Ohio. Of course we are due heavy rain storms tonite.

Thank you all for the insight on DIET SODA... some info I have been reading has suggested that: 1- diet soda increases hunger (which I have seen in my daughter) 2-could cause various types of cancers, everything from kidney to liver and 3- our body is not ment to process the chemicals. I am still researching it. I personally do not drink DIET SODA. I have alwasy drank reg. Drpepper. One of the doctors she is seeing suggested it. However, I am still leary about it. I am monitoring her very closely to keep her to the 2-12 oz a day I dont want her to think I am taking stuff away from her. I will let you all know how this goes. I am sure it will take a few weeks to tell.

I am doing fine, just dont feel like being at work today. I guess it is because it is so pretty outside. Oh and btw down 1 more pound to 281.5 woot. 3 more pounds to reach my first goal. have a great one.

Tina
Old 03-03-2008, 10:39 AM   #7  
742,000 calories burned

S/C/G: 592/380/175

Height: 5'9"

Just a fly by on my way to the pool. I just seem so busy right now. I'm supposed to be working on a paper, and we are in the midst of the last push to get ready for Easter. Our vigil services are serious dog and pony shows. On one side we are getting our students ready for baptism, and the choir is practicing for the 2 1/2 hours worth of music. At least I will be in better shape this year than last year even if my leg isn't 100% yet. They keep making me sit down.
Old 03-03-2008, 11:09 AM   #8  

good monday morning,
well its raining here in KY. May turn to snow tommorow. I am so ready for spring!!
My daughter was in the crowd this morning on Good Morning America. We were able to pick her out . GOsh i miss her and cant wait till she is back in ky. She is having a wonderful time in NYC.
My yongest said going to school is no fun...I think she had to many snow days in a row!! She really tried to talk me into letting her stay home. I told her to enjoy her last year of high school ,,,that real life is not to much fun at times.
I just totaled my calories for last week and realized that I came in short on average for the week. I am going to try to add a few calories in the early part of the day. I came in with an average of only 1136. I need to be around 14-1500. I knew I had some days to low but didnt realize how many until i did the average. I started today out with a 2 egg omelette with ff cheddar and mushroom bellpeppers and onions. I think it will stay with me better than the ceral or yogurt and fruit.

donna - enjoy your dinner tonight and happy late bday.

cyn- doesnt it feel good for someone to notice you are loosing . For some reason husbands seem to be the last to notice..but i dont t hink they notice the gains as often either.

sharron - welcome back to the land of the living...be sure to take it easy and not over do it.

dmpls- congrads on the 21 lbs. You have done awesome!! I know being under 300 is a wonderful feeling. I bet you were smiling all day long today. Just think of how much you will have lost by the time your son gets home from basic training. I bet he will be suprised!!
anne- i agree tom is a pain in the butt. I kinda over did it with exercise on sat also. My pain in my lower back. I think l will keep heating it today and maybe can do some weights this evening. May do more legs and less upper body.
Old 03-03-2008, 11:43 AM   #9  
I ate it

S/C/G: 312/cw/140

Well..another birthday has come and gone but I am grateful for my friends here who made sure it was a lot of fun...and DH of course.

Saturday night was a lot of fun...Sunday was thankfully hangover-free. Had a good healthy breakfast, drank lots of water and rested. The Kmart near us is having a massive clearance sale (they are closing this year) and I got a cure pair of jeans for $2.40. The cashier tells me that I can't return them..but for $2.40..who cares. They don't quite fit yet but when they do it will be nice. I am generally not a Kmart girl..but DH saw that soda was on sale there...so off we went.

Dinner with the family had alternating moments of lovely and painful. I bit my tongue throughout the entier meal to keep from making a scene and telling the MIL what I felt. FIL dragged DH into the bathroom to bark at him as soon as we arrived and then MIL started on him...what id you say? what did he say? UGH. This needs to end already.

I had some tiramisu for dessert. Dinner was vegetarian minestrone soup and a delicious entree of roasted veggies with no oil and grilled chicken. I had save points and enjoyed it..and yes I shared with everyone else so I didn't eat it all...but I probably ate 2/3. Fine by me. I had no bread with dinner...yay me.

DH's grandfather scolded me for eating dessert. I will ignore this and interpret it as a sign of love. Grandma died at Thanksgiving this past year (our 1-year wedding anniversary) and he is still grieving. She was a sugar-addicted diabetic who was also very ornery and easing into dementia. She had no control around those things and in the end really had let herself go. Then he told DH he was getting chubby again. DH has lost about 4 lbs. since we began WW and is eating a lot better and his blood sugars are down.

So we're onto another week...thank you all for the birthday wishes
Old 03-03-2008, 12:40 PM   #10  

Height: 5'11"

Hi all: Well, another day, another dollar, right? It's beautiful here in DC -- sunny, warm, daffodilly Too bad I'm trapped indoors! But as my v. wise mom said, and this goes for my weight, too, you just have to keep moving forward. So, two weeks to go until I can put weight on my leg, BUT two weeks down!

Cyn, I feel your pain! But RealCdn was right -- when you see someone every single day -- including yourself -- it's difficult to see slow changes (such weight loss and weight gain). But YOU know different!

Have a good day, everyone!
Old 03-03-2008, 12:48 PM   #11  

way to go julees on no bread!!
Catherine sounds like you have been keeping yourself busy.
Way to go babybear on the weight loss. Its such a great feeling. I dont drink diet drinks either but hubby does and I cant convince him they are not good for him.
didnt plan out lunch but had a half of peanut butter sandwich and a bananna
Looks like dinner will be baked porkchops, brocolli and califlower not sure what else,,,hubby asked for garlic potatoes,( ill do with out them)
so far Im at 610 calories today.
Old 03-03-2008, 03:08 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 351/ticker/175

Bernice, You are doing so good!!!

Donna, hope you enjoy the Cheesecake factory. Yum! What kind are you going to have. And btw,

Cyn, o these men! I don't think they think sometimes. Just be glad that your aunt noticed. That had to give you some kind of a good feeling. Plus it sounds like it's helped to motivate you to get on the exercise wagon. Good for you!!!

Anne, 5lbs gone forever!!! That's wonderful!!

Tina, congrats on the 1 lb gone!!!

Julee, That's a shame they have to be so overbearing. I think they have your best interest at heart, but just don't know how to come across in a better way. Just hang in there. You're dinner sounded really good!

More rain here today but they say it will end and we will have some beautiful sunny days. I can't wait!!
I guess Wii is coming out with a fitness game in May. It will tell how old your body is after it does some tests and you input some info. Then it will do a workout for you to follow to get a younger body age. I'm definitely getting that when it comes out. Also found out about Dance Factory, which Carol told me about. You can use your own music to dance too. They don't have it for Wii yet, but it will be coming out later.
Sounds like more game systems are thinking about fitness which is a nice twist on the game scene.
Have a wonderful healthy day!
Debbie
Old 03-03-2008, 03:50 PM   #13  
742,000 calories burned

S/C/G: 592/380/175

It does seem strange to look out the glass doors while in the swimming pool to see snow coming down. Lots of snow. He had a meeting right afterwards and was taking a cab (they pay for it), so he was able to drop me off so I didn't have to trudge through the snow to take the bus. To me that's practically cheating. I'm not as wasted this time, so I guess I'm getting my strength back.
Old 03-03-2008, 04:27 PM   #14  
Anne

S/C/G: 407/358-Dec2007/tracker/125

Hmmm... I thought I'd written something else, but it was missing in the preview. Anyway, I did manage to get my exercise in today, and the knee is the only thing that is even twinging right now, so that's good. I ordered the New Rules Of Lifting For Women from Amazon. I feel like I need something to start me on a good routine. If I have something to follow I think I'll do better with it.

Tina - congrats on the pound lost! I used to be a diet soda junky. Pretty funny considering all the other crap I was eating. I limit myself to one crystal light packet a day now. I noticed a while back I did a splurge on the diet soda (since it's here I will eventually have to drink it up). I think it was 2 or 3 cans for 2 days. I really felt like I was retaining water (something I never really feel). It took a couple of days to work out of my system. So I've decided to leave it alone until the summer. Good luck with your daughter (I know as a kid getting the soda can out of my hand would have been tough).

Debi - making sure I eat enough is my toughest task. My mind knows that I need to eat enough, but I still think somewhere that 1200 calorie number keeps coming back. I remind myself that it's not a good number for someone with a lot to lose. It really is true, you need to eat to lose.

Julee - it's so funny with you posting about a vegetarian soup and roasted veggies. I realised today that there were parts of my vegetarian past that I missed. I really do love complex dishes of mixed vegetables and beans, and such. I think I'm going to look out some of the old recipes I used to make. Of course I'll likely have to sell them to my mother with a piece of sausage on the side for her!

TheWalrus - yep, you're halfway there. I know a couple of years ago when I was very unwell that it drove me crazy, not being able to do things I wanted to do. The good news it that the day will come. Sadly, the only daffodils we have are on the kitchen table in a pot. There's still a lot of snow on the garden beds here. I should go look to see if at least the section with the snow drops is starting to clear.

Debbie - you're a brave woman. I'm not sure I'd want to know what my real body age was.

Catherine - the snow here has compacted a bit today (we came close to 13C today), and I can see the edge of the pool. It's surrounded by snow, and filled with it, but I can see it. That's progress. Tomorrow it's back to 1C so it's only a very brief glimpse of what's to come. I'm glad you're enjoying your swimming. I might pick your brain when our pool is open to see what I can do (exercise-wise).
Old 03-03-2008, 04:29 PM   #15  

Greetings my peeps!

TheWalrus, I'm near DC too! The day is gorgeous today and yes, I too, am stuck inside. I couldn't even sneak time outside because I was in training all day.. bleh. At least the guy talking was entertaining. My daffodils have been trying to bloom for weeks now. I think they are confused with all the strange weather.

I blew it this weekend on GS cookies. Today is a new day and I have counted points (doing WW) and even eaten a salad. I have supper planned as well. This past weekend, I don't think I ate anything nutricious at all.

As the sun stays out longer, my winter funk is lifting. Catherine, you are an inspiration to go swimming when it's dark and snowing outside!! Go girl!!

Hugs to all,
Ratkity
Closed Thread