Old 03-01-2008, 05:47 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 240/ticker/120

Height: 5 foot 4

Arrow Sweat Until Our Clothes Slide Off! March 2nd - 9th

everyone! Here is where you can post your workouts it doesn't matter how often or long and what you do for your workouts (chase the dog/cat/kids around the house)
You moved take credit!!
You can be as brief as you want or write a novel.
mezmerize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2008, 07:01 PM   #2  
The Radiant One

S/C/G: 250/142/135

Height: 5'2"

Hi Mez - thanks for the new thread!
Today I shoveled snow *again*. Another 45 minutes, and another 8 inches!! The snow piles are 4 feet high around the driveway. Not to mention the snow blower motor blew out, so it all had to be done by hand. Ugh. So, that was enough exercise today.
fiberlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2008, 10:21 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 305/300/1-236/2-180

Height: 5' 6"

I usually go for walks (2-5 miles long) every day. I also weight train 6 days a week switching between muscle groups.
Rayelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2008, 10:24 PM   #4  
Make it to the moon...

S/C/G: 5/8/19: 319/254.0/150.0

Height: 5'5"

Question Hip Hop Abs

So I accidentally posted this in last weeks, whoops

Mezmerize~ Good luck with your surgery, keep us updated!

So I tried Hip Hop Abs cardio DVD and I was a little disappointed. Not only did I breeze through it (I did the intro DVD, so I know I was doing the moves right), but I really wasn't tired afterwards. Now I would love to say I am in great shape... but I'm not. I'm hoping to feel some soreness when I get up in the morning otherwise I may be saving some money on my sisters next christmas present (we were weight watcher budies a couple years ago, so I don't think she would be offended ). Anyone have any suggestions? He has more workouts, and I have some of the DVDs, but he suggests only starting off with one. Should I try doing two workouts if I don't end up feeling anything (one of the write-ups I read is that it seems easy at the time, but you really feel it the next day)? I don't believe that you should be exhausted at the end of a workout, but you should feel something other then sweat rolling down your face. Am I off base here, because I would love it if what seems like a breeze is really a good work out, but I'm not sure whether or not to believe it.
Rambling... time to sign off for the night.
KimL1214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2008, 01:26 AM   #5  
Keto on!

S/C/G: 256/200/180

Height: 5'6

Kim--See how you feel in the morning. I'm curious to know. Me, well I cleaned my house for an hour and walked 2 miles at the gym. Hopefully my lungs will get stronger and I can do some hard cardio some day.
Gela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2008, 01:38 PM   #6  
Make it to the moon...

And I feel nothin from Hip Hop abs...
Old 03-02-2008, 04:44 PM   #7  
The Radiant One

Did Hard Core Fusion today. Sweated a lot for whatever reason, but that's okay LOL! Beats shoveling snow

Mez - good luck with the surgery, when will you be back and posting again?
Old 03-02-2008, 05:08 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 260.7/153/130

Height: Almost 5 foot 6

I restart morning running tomorrow. Had to quit it mid november as the dark mornings/nights and BITTER COLD were just too much. Can't wait to get back into the swing of it (although the early morning is going to be a killer for first week or so)... quarter to five dear alarm clock I shall be seeing you soon lol
denialisnthappiness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2008, 09:43 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 240/ticker/120

Height: 5 foot 4

Fiberlover – Did you get a chance to check out that link on how many calories are burned when shoveling by hand. Make sure you watch your back. Right now we have a freezing rain thing going on. It was nice out this morning sunny and snow was really melting. Now all I hear is rain/ice pellets and wind. I hope mother nature gets a move on with spring! I would say you did had once heck of a work out!

Rayelle – Welcome! Do you train in a gym or at home? I’ve only played around with hand weights nothing heavy. I do know muscle burns more calories than fat so light workouts with hand weights are in my future plans.

Kim – WTG on busting that Hip Hop Abs DVD! I watched it. (noticed I wrote watched) and thought yup not ready for that! LOL I’m so proud of you!! You know if you feel like doing 2 of his workout dvds go for it. You have nothing to lose but calories. Long ago I use to do 3 of the WATPS DVDs 1, 2 and 3 miles and I use to do buns and abs of steel after that. Some days I was really sweating others not as much. If you feel you are not getting anything out of the Hip Hop Abs there are lots to choose from you need to find something that works for you. Check your local library they may have something you might enjoy. Workouts can only work if your happy with what you are doing. Sorry you didn’t feel anything from the Hip Hop Abs.

Gela – Welcome! Kudos for walking and looking ahead to future workouts.

Denialsinthappiness – Welcome! Completely understand your MIA on the morning running. I look forward to reading about your workouts.

As for me finished up the last of the never ending laundry. I know this might not set well with some but I purchased some paper plates and plastic cups. I have a teen age son and when he gets together with his pals they can go thought a lot of cups and since I’m the dish washer I figure this was in my best interest. I am getting nervous as the night moves along. My husband is an electrician and he put in the lights and some other stuff so I find that comforting thinking somehow he is with me though it. I plan on being back on here that very same day. I’m told I need to walk and walk I will push myself. (brave talk since I’m not in any pain as of yet) I’m planning on putting on the 1 mile WATPs and seeing how far I can go w/o hurting myself. I look forward to reading all your post tomorrow! Thanks for well wishes it really means a lot to me! Hugz to all!
mezmerize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2008, 01:44 PM   #10  
The Radiant One

Hope the surgery went well for you Mez! Check in soon and let us know how you are.

Today I dusted off my Slim in 6 workouts and did Ramp It Up. Kind of fun to do the old workouts again.
Old 03-03-2008, 01:56 PM   #11  
Make it to the moon...

Mez~ Let us know how you're doing when you feel up to it... hope everything went well!

Signed up to start swimming later this week. I haven't really put together a plan yet as to what I want to do for a workout in the pool.

Tae Bo after school today...
Old 03-03-2008, 03:20 PM   #12  
Kerry ~ TBL Red Team!

S/C/G: 236/194.6/135

Height: 5'4"

New to the forum and glad to see this!! I've lost weight before (not all of it, and gained it back each pregnancy.. bleh) ... but I've never really exercised beyond walking here and there.

This time is different. This time I'm making exercise my priority because if I keep exercising, even if I slip up with my food, I'll stay healthy regardless!!! Right???

So. Today. Week 5 of Couch to 5K .... might be week 6. Anyway.... Five minutes walking for warm up and cool down. Then for the middle slot.... 8 minutes running at 4.8mph, then 5 minutes walking at 3.2mph, and finally another 8 minutes running at 4.8mph.

This is MAJOR for me. I was a slug prior to the beginning of December when I started Karate.... and then I started running on the 1st January and I'm LOVING IT!!!!

So, that's me.

Oh, the biggest thing I did to motivate myself to exercise was to sign up at the very beginning for a year of Karate, so I'm committed to it no matter what. That way when the going got tough... and in the first two weeks it did... it was ****... there were periods of two and three days where I was in so much pain I was physically incapable of doing stuff... like walking one time... lol.... but I can't quit... I HAD to stick it out.

I'm rambling.... ... I'll go away now
MamaToTomAndAlex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2008, 01:14 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 273/260.1/163

Height: 5'7"

I did Turbo Jam Cardio Party - 45 minutes worth! It was good, hard though, which I was expecting since I'm still a little sick.

Kim - you should try the ab workout from Turbo Jam - I was so so sore the same day, and the next day it hurt to laugh. Very good workout!

-Aimee
SwimGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2008, 02:18 PM   #14  
The Radiant One

Today I did the Firm Cardio Overdrive. I am really getting the hang of it now!
45 minutes and it felt like a really good workout.
Old 03-05-2008, 02:26 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 273/260.1/163

Height: 5'7"

20 minute workout from Turbo Jam today! Tomorrow will be a challenge for me - I'm going to be super tired.

-Aimee
SwimGirl is offline   Reply With Quote