View Single Post
Old 02-27-2008, 04:12 AM   #5
broadabroad
Fay

S/C/G: 240/see ticker/140

Height: 5/3

One possibility - you say that you're tired of the food you're allowed - are you sure you don't mean that you're craving other things?

Just a different way of looking at it - but if you find that you're longing for things that are off-plan, consider the possibility that this is because your body has been conditioned to crave those carbs, in the same way that a smoker craves nicotine. You may find that after going cold turkey for those full 2 weeks, that the cravings actually go away - because they were the result of the chemical imbalance you'd created through over indulgence in carbs that your body didn't really need?

If I'm out of line, please accept my apologies - largely I'm drawing on my own experience here, and although this tallies with Gary Taubes' book and with Dr Atkins' plan, it may not neccesarily reflect where you're at. But - on the other hand, it might. Perhaps worth toughing it out, just to see whether you find your body begins to react differently after it's acclimatized to fat-burning rather than carb-burning?

"Go confidently in the direction of your dreams. Live the life you have imagined."

Henry David Thoreau
broadabroad is offline   Reply With Quote