Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 02-26-2008, 01:29 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 156/145/135

Height: 5'10"

Default Question about inch loss

Hi,
I have been working out for 6 days a week since January 11, 08 which puts me on my 7th week. I have also been on a 1200 calorie diet for the same amount of time and while I have lost about 10 pounds I am concerned about inch loss. For some reason my boobs have gone down a cup size and my chest area in general has become slimmer but my stomach has not changed at all. Should I be worried? I have been eating really healthy; lots of grains and fruit and veggies and I have been very good at my workouts. What is going on?
Cougar2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2008, 01:42 AM   #2  
Moderating Mama

S/C/G: 295/200/175

Height: 5' 8"

Cougar - do you happen to know your body fat percentage? Seems like an odd question but, at your weight and your height (which put you at a normal BMI, according to the formulas), the place you have extra fat might be your chest, not your waist...if you're already at a fairly low body fat percentage, you might want to re-evaluate your goals and determine if you might want to focus on toning your muscles, rather than losing lbs.

Unfortunately, we can't control where weight comes off...it goes in the order your body decides to take it off.
mandalinn82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2008, 02:20 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 156/145/135

Height: 5'10"

I'm not sure what my exact BF% is but I know it is in the normal range. It's not really the pound loss I'm looking for its the inches in my stomach. I have a really odd body build and while I am in the lower-normal weight range for my height for some reason my stomach still sticks out really far! Its weird because it looks like I'm between 4 and 6 months pregnant (just depending on how bloated I am that day I guess) and it is the one part of my body I just cant seem to work off. Other than that I have chicken legs and average size arms.
Cougar2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2008, 05:10 PM   #4  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

Height: 5'3"

What does your doctor say?

Jay
JayEll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2008, 05:33 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 217/tick/160

Height: 5'5

That is odd, I would say maybe you should check with the doc and make sure it's not something else going on. I knew a girl who had lyme?? disease or something and she looked pregnant even though she wasn't. She just got really bloated in the mid section. If it's not that, maybe you just need to hit the crunches/ab exercises.

Last edited by peachcake; 02-26-2008 at 05:33 PM.
peachcake is offline   Reply With Quote