South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 02-26-2008, 05:51 AM   #1  
Determined to lose!

Default Tuesday chick chat

Good Morning girlfriends. Sorry to not get to repost yesterday, but I was reading them! See, work was frustrating so when I got home (after working out at curves) I sort of vegged! See, work wants me to "benchmark" . So when I tore into the financials (mind you, ijust started here) I found (no real surprise) the statements the accountants published and the statements in the system do NOT match. And some of the questions being asked to benchmark will take a few days to gather the information. Nowmind you, I'm suppose to have this done with my everyday work. I've cleaned up messes before, but this is like 3rd world war hit!!!!!!!

OK< enough ranting. So Joe's still planning on moving out. Why are people (myself included) so thickheaded that we do not allow ourselves to learn from others, especially our parents? Why do we insist on making the same mistakesothers make? Why do teens think they know it all?????????? I know it will turn out alright in the long run, but I'm afraid for him, no job and wanting to move out? (he's moving in with some friends who will have the money for awhile). It's not like the kid has a lot of chores or can't go where he wants when he wants! (he's 18, so basically goes when and where, and he vacuums once a week and takes garbage out, i'm a slave driver).

Over all he's a decent kid. Most people who know him absolutely love him. He's got a great sense of humor and basically a good head on his shoulders. freedom. At what price?

OK, wow, I really ranting.

have an enjoyable day all.
Old 02-26-2008, 06:19 AM   #2  
-

S/C/G: Size 16 to 18/Size 6/I'm there

Height: 5"3" Age: 55

Loriann, sorry you are having such a rough week! Maybe if Joe gets out in the real world and discovers he is not prepared for it, he'll move back home.

It is storming here. Rain pouring in buckets, thunder, lightening and chance of hail. Hope it slacks up by the time I have to leave for school.

My dehydrator came in last night and of course I had to play with it. I meant to get some yams to dry for the dogs and forgot, so I dug in the freezer and found a pack of edamame and dried them overnight. Pretty Neat. I think I'll take some to school as a snack today.

DD called last night and is so exited about coming home. I asked her if she had a list of food she wanted me to fix for her. She said "All I have on my list right now is oysters and crawfish...you just fix whatever you want to fix. I can't wait to have real food cause I'm pretty sick of Subway" She doesn't cook for some reason. Amazes me cause she comes from a long line of cooks. I hate to think of all of those passed down recipes stopping with me. Maybe I'll have a daughter in law that is into cooking...

Hope everyone has a great day!

Last edited by femmecreole; 02-26-2008 at 06:20 AM.
Old 02-26-2008, 06:23 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Cheers!

I woke up with a bit of a headache and a little stuffiness this morning. I'm trying to nip it in the bud with some Zicam, that usually does the trick. At least I don't have too much to do this morning, just finishing up the laundry and a trip to the post office.

Loriann, it's a shame that teens usually insist on learning lessons the hard way. Do you think it's wise for him to move in with his friends without having a job? A big part of leaving the nest is to act responsibly and be able to pay your own way. I worry that it may ruin his relationship with his friends if they have to carry all the financial responsibilities without him contributing. Of course, it's none of my business, but you seem to be concerned about him, and I don't blame you. We all want the best for our children.
Old 02-26-2008, 06:28 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Cat, Good morning! Have fun with your dehydrator! My mother gave me her old one, but it doesn't have any instructions with it so I haven't used it. Maybe I'll get it out and try to find out how it works. We must be sharing the same weather system, heavy rains are moving into our area right now, too.
Old 02-26-2008, 06:33 AM   #5  
Determined to lose!

Wow, take a shower and the place is hopping! Femm, Joe's stubborn, he may be back, but he may make it work. Linda, he says he's going to get a job, and will take out student loan to help with the finances. Split between them, he's only got to pay abut 200 a month for rent, plus his food. ****, thats cheap! hhmmm, perhaps I can find a man to pay my bills so I can stay home... let me think... nnnaaaahhhh, they too much heardache! hahaha. As for him moving out... Well, Allen is an orphan living at a friends house, who's mother wants him out. And Dorothy (Alans gf) is also an orphan who's grandparents have kicked her out by the end of this month. They both receive SS bens. and Alan just received his inheritance, so they HAVE to get a place. Joe's like a brother to them both and they wouldn't have it any other way. Besides, Joe's the one with all the furniture! they have beds, but Joe has the table, futon for couch, dressers, kitchen supplies, towels... etc. See, as time went on the past couple years, JOe has been collecting at yardsales, or my hand outs. Is it wise"? when he can stay home for free? I think not, but try convincing an 18 yr old boy that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 02-26-2008, 06:35 AM   #6  
Determined to lose!

Fem, I guess I'm confused why people even dehydrate food! I like the food with the water in it!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 02-26-2008, 06:38 AM   #7  
-

S/C/G: Size 16 to 18/Size 6/I'm there

Height: 5"3" Age: 55

Loriann, actually I bought it for one of my dogs! He has allergies and is very addicted to rawhide chews which we had to take him off of (along with having to buy hypoallergenic food for him) . I ordered some yam chews for him and he loves them, but at almost $20 a bag with shipping, it would be about 100 per month!! So I decided to try to make my own. Vet bills have been running around 200 per month and we have to get to the bottom of what he is allergic to. I found out that 40% of dogs are allergic to rawhide chews and we are hoping that it was the problem.

Last edited by femmecreole; 02-26-2008 at 06:41 AM.
Old 02-26-2008, 06:47 AM   #8  
Determined to lose!

awe, poor pup! Good luck with this!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 02-26-2008, 06:51 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 302/229/140

Height: 5'11"

Default tues chat

Sounds like a major handful there. Didn't you hear you know everything when your 16 and get dumber as you get older. I'm downright ******ed by now. I'm amazed at people who can work with money. I'd be worse than a nuclear hit with that kind of thing.
We are grocery shopping today. Trying to figure out how we're going to handle my work needs and still keep with the diet. I've been doing all the cooking here so I don't know if I should make batches of stuff and freeze it or try to teach my hubby the recipies. He can cook he's just uncertain still of the parameters of the diet. Many of my dishes are ethnic and a little tricky. He loves the cooking. Time for my walk.
Old 02-26-2008, 06:52 AM   #10  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Morning Chicks!

Wow, it's hopping in here and I haven't had my first cup!

Loriann - I really think that sometimes it's just time for kids to move out. Hopefully he will land on his feet without too much stress. My daughter went from demanding, never buying anything on sale or putting off what she wanted to super responsible and frugal. Having life experience makes us more nervous about the whole process than they are For them it's just an adventure.

Cat - Ooohhh edamame - haven't tried that. I must admit I bought my dehydrator for food preserving purposes but became addicted to it for snack making. I'm pretty sure that says something about my priorities

Cottage - Good luck with that headache. Lots of nasty flu germs going around up here.

Well we're in for another storm. I am -so- sick of winter at this point. We were just getting enough melt that we could see out the bottom of our driveway but this storm will put an end to that. I'm going in this morning but assume I'll be home early and tomorrow morning.

I'm stuck on another stupid plateau. Lost and regained the same 2 lbs over and over for the last 2 weeks. Grrrr. I only expected to lose 4 this month and I did that in the first two weeks but this is still frustrating. I'm thinking about trying the couch to 5K program - will check with my PT this morning to see what she thinks. I'm also going to ask her about our local Curves. I figure it always helps to mix things up a little.

Well off to another day in snow land. Have a good day all!
Old 02-26-2008, 07:31 AM   #11  
Visualizing the Goal

Height: 5'4"

Good morning ladies! I just got back from my run - had to get it in before the rain hit or else I'd be on the DREADmill again and I just couldn't face that, so I set the alarm and got my tush out of bed early. Felt good!

Loriann, hope this is a real, positive learning experience for Joe. Sounds like the group of them are all leaning on each other a bit so the best scenario is that this kicks him into gear and he really uses the opportunity to take off! Gosh, those days are going to be here before I know it...

Cat, I'm sure you'll find great uses for your dehydrator. I need to dig mine out when we get to Germany and get it working. I'd love to try doing tomatoes in the summer!

Linda, I bet you can look on line for some dehydrator instructions. For mine you just brush whatever you've sliced with some lemon juice and let it sit until it's done. I bet you can find a table of the times for different fruits and veggies somewhere in cyberspace!

Cyndi, hope you find a good exercise program to move into! I've heard great things about the C25K, although I've never tried it myself. Once the weather clears up for you all you could do your running/walking outside!

Jen, I vote for sitting down with that man and giving him the run-down on the diet. I bet he'll come up with some really interesting and different things on his own! And it can't hurt to have a freezer stash just in case...

I forgot to fold my laundry yesterday so I need to get that done this morning. I have to schedule an oil change and look into getting the kids into a gymnastics class since we'll be here another couple months. I got a lot done yesterday, but then kept thinking of things to put on that List, so now I still have more to accomplish!

Better get started!

Kara
Old 02-26-2008, 08:26 AM   #12  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Spring is definitely coming if you check this out. There are some days when I just keep that playing in the background and it looks like today will be one of those days.

Cindi, we are expecting 8" of snow before noon with no end in sight. It's good insulation for my garden but is getting pretty ridiculous!

Loriann, my son moved out at 18 to live with some buddies and never looked back! He very quickly learned the value of money and learned to cook. Some times we just have to bite the bullet and let them go.

Cat, your daughter may decide to go with her cooking heritage a bit later. She sounds as if she likes food and that's a good start.

Kara, it sounds to me like you are thoroughly enjoying being "home". I'm so glad your visit with Cottage was good. I wish I could have joined you.

Spirit, "ethnic" recipes intrigue me. Where are you in "God's country"? If I make it to Halifax this Spring, I may be able to grab you for a coffee.

Today is the day I am finally finished with whining. Now that I know there is no infection in the knee, it's time to just get on with life. The revised pain meds are helping a bit so I'm going to just push on and get the knee back in shape. I want to be able to get in my car and drive! Driving with just one leg is not an option.

OK - on with Terrific Tuesday!
Old 02-26-2008, 08:47 AM   #13  
HAPPY HEALTHY ME

S/C/G: 215.4/-/165

Height: 5'2"

Morning chicks! The weather here is suppose to be a bit crazy today with storms and such.

Loriann I hope your week gets better

Cat sounds like your daughter has great taste cause I just love crawfish & oysters

Spirit I'm sure you and hubby will come up with a plan that works for yall

Good luck Cyndi

Hi Kara

Ruth I am so glad to hear there is no infecetion

Not much on plan for today except work and this evening I will work in the spare room and of course watch biggest loser, mat even hit th treadmil or elitical.
Old 02-26-2008, 09:06 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 144.4/137/120

Height: 5

UGH it's snowing and like everyone else I have had enough!

Loriann My middle DD recently moved out of my ex's house and I stress everyday to say the least. She is the one I always knew I would have to worry about. I guess as parents we just have to let them fly and be there for them if they need us.

cottage hope you kick whatever is trying to make you sick to the curb fast!

Cat I had no idea so many dogs were allergic to rawhide, my poor furkids would be lost without theirs, I just had to buy in bulk at sams for them because they were going through them so quick!

Spirit & Cyndi you are both doing great, I know you will both get through this planning & rough spot with flying colors!

Kara Your such a busy lady, I don't know how you keep up!

Ruth glad to hear you are infection free!

Gonna

Me today is my 8th wedding anniversary, really just wanting a gym membership but think DH has other plans! He is wanting me to leave early today so we can go out so it's off to work for me, lots to do today!
Old 02-26-2008, 09:12 AM   #15  
Visualizing the Goal

Height: 5'4"

Happy anniversary, Stephanie! Our eighth was this summer! Maybe he's planning on taking you TO the gym???

Ruth, I'm glad to hear there's no infection! I bet your knee just feels warm because all that blood is pumping through it, trying to heal you up quickly.

Gonna, hope you weather the crazy weather OK! Enjoy your TV time tonight!

I've gotten the laundry upstairs from the basement but haven't actually folded it yet. I *did* find time to make a really yummy spinach, mushroom, and onion omelet, though, and sliced up some yellow grapefruit to go with it. I do have my priorities!

Kara
Closed Thread