Closed Thread

Old 02-25-2008, 09:55 AM   #1  

Height: 5'6"

Smile 300+ Weekly Thread #1147

We are a group of individuals who weigh or have weighed 300+, or near there. This group was formed to provide a place for others like us to find support and hope. We are aware of the distinct problems that come with weighing over 300 lbs.

We want to invite everyone (roosters as well as chicks!) to join us in our journey. We share laughter and tears, heartaches and fears ... joys and celebrations. We also share what works for us and what doesn't.

We know the thread can move very quickly, and that people often make "personal" remarks and keep a number of conversations going. Please feel free to contribute even if you can't make personal comments all the time.

Finally, we also have several extra threads going on simutaneously such as Monthly Challenges, Weekly Weigh-ins, Recipes, Bios, Photos, Exercise, Info for Getting Started and more. Many of these threads are stickied at the top of the page. Please feel free to check them all out.

We have found this thread to be more than just a support group... we have found it to become a home. We invite you to join us.

I know you'll all agree that we are really thankful for the free services here at 3FC. The sisters offer all of this support and information with no charges to us. There are a couple of ways though that we can help out.

If you are thinking about buying anything at Amazon, why not help out 3FC at the same time? You can do this by clicking on the button for the Amazon "store" in the upper right hand corner of the screen on the PURPLE tool bar. A portion of your purchase price will be given to 3FC by Amazon. It doesn't increase your price at all, but it does help out 3FC. You can use any of the Amazon.com links that you see on the site in order to help contribute to the site.

Also, BTW, in case you didn't know it, you can view the message boards "ad free" for a minimal charge. I think it's $15 for 6 months. A very small investment to be rid of the annoying ads and make your pages load quicker.

There have been some concerns expressed by the powers that be about copyright infringement. So please, if you are directly quoting someone else or printing an article in whole or in part, please give credit where credit is due!!!
Old 02-25-2008, 10:13 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 510/see tracker/160

Height: 5' 9 1/2"

Carol: I'm feeling better thanks. I have to say though, "Ok, I give! time for it to be spring please. It is snowing outside and I am a bit tired of it now. lol. I guess my California girl roots are showing. Great job on all the exercise you did.

Debbie: WoW. You too. Great job on the exercise.

Anne: I agree with you. Once food isn't such an issue it is amazing the insite you can gain by watching others, no judgement, but, just watching them eat. I can really see myself, how I used to be in some of them and It makes me more mindful to continue to watch it and not allow food to become my best friend again. I broke up with food last summer early and after mourning for a while, I'm glad that I kicked that relationship to the curb. lol.

Julee: Not to intrude but, would it be beneficial if you and Dh sat down and explained to your MIL your side of things and your feelings and how she is making you guys feel? I just had to see your beautiful new marriage have any bumps so early with family butting in. I know that after almost 23 years of marriage I wish I would have taken my MIL aside a time or two and talked with her about things. I think she may have at least shut her yap at times when she wanted to spout things.Hugs.

DMPLS: Woohoo. Congrats on the -2 more pounds. SO close.

debimitch: glad that you had such a nice weekend.

Okay all, 7:12 and I'm ready for work except to brush my teeth and tuck my furbabies into the garage (with doggie door) for the day. I hope you all have a fantastic day and drink your water and shake your booties.

Blessings all,
Annie
Old 02-25-2008, 10:50 AM   #3  

Well...the get together was *fabulous*....albeit not a completely OP day. No worries. I sent the treats off with DH to work and I packaged up all the good leftovers for future meals. For lunch today I am eating leftover cold veggie salad that was a big hit yesterday. It is so easy to make and is made with Paul Newman's light Blasamic Vinegrette. Not too terribly bad for me! I am still a wee bit tired, but what the heck. I had a great time seeing everyone.

Sooo...we shall see what this week brings for me. Onward and downward!

Old 02-25-2008, 10:54 AM   #4  

Height: 5'7"

hello agian,
I got up and felt fine....just a little sinus problem. Now im running fever and feel awful.Hope this isnt the flu. I had a sinus issue last week but it had cleared up and now its back. I have a phone call into the drs office.
Why does water taste so bad when your sick??
debi
Old 02-25-2008, 11:08 AM   #5  
742,000 calories burned

S/C/G: 592/380/175

Height: 5'9"

I woke up feeling like I had been licking movie theatre floors. That's so pleasant. I'm going to drag myself to the pool anyway. I'm not contagious, it is just sinus from a mild allergic reaction I get every time the snow starts to melt. There is something called snow mold that develops under the snow piles, and it gets released at melt time. Even if we get more snow next week, it is melting now, so my nose is in protest. I noticed a pair of pants melted out of the snow in our front courtyard. I sure hope there isn't a body to match under that 5 foot pile. That is a fear I have every spring. I just know I'm going to see a body melt out somewhere.
Old 02-25-2008, 11:24 AM   #6  
I ate it

S/C/G: 312/cw/140

Height: 5'4"

Annie: The answer to that is maybe. But we're really not in a place to talk to her right now. As long as she is still convinced that she is empirically right and we are empirivcally wrong...we are at an impasse. We know what we want and need to say to her. The problem is (and yes it is her problem but it will be hard for DH to handle) is that she will cry. She also holds grudges and is a manipulator. She has her own food issues and does HOW (a branch of OA I think) and she will take it right back to there and then blame us (her probem again) if she has a slip up or a bad binge. We KNOW it was her sponsor who told her to call us...but just as in the program she is more accountable to her sponsor than to herself...so is she in life...constantly trying to shift accountability.

There really is no winning here...but we just have to prepare ourselves for the battle right now. It is VERY unlike them to not speak for what has now been 3 days. When DH and I first met he thought I had a bad relationship with my family because we didn't talk as often. I assured him that we were perfectly fine.,..just not the same kind of talkers that they are.

On the other hand, I had a huge fight with my mother back in college and didn't talk to her for almost 3 years. My will is a little stronger.

HAVE A WONDERFUL WEEK!!! STAY WARM AND HEALTHY!!!
Old 02-25-2008, 11:33 AM   #7  

Height: 5'7"

catherine how much snow are we talking?? I would be concerned if i found a pair of pants in my yard. good luck and let us know if you find anything...lol
have a great day and get feeling better.
debi
Old 02-25-2008, 01:34 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 351/ticker/175

DMPLS, ah, another Californian. I'm originally from there too. From Los Angeles county out to Riverside county. We moved to Washington 5 years ago. I love it here. Kentucky reminded me alot of Washington out in the rural areas like we are. Beautiful country ya got there! Congrats on the 2 lbs gone forever!!!

Annie, thank you so much for the info!!
I doubt I will make my quota of 1200 minutes this month though. I sorta pooped out here at the end of the month but I will try and get closer to it each day.
Glad to hear your feelin' better!!

Started to go cut berry bushes, but the ground is so uneven out there, I had to quit. I don't have much feeling in my feet from diabetes, so it's hard to judge what is even and unlevel. I just don't feel like falling down. So I'll wait till Jim gets done releveling the road with the tractor and then see if he will go in the back and try to relevel it for me.
I guess I will do some housework, and then get on the dreaded treadmill again. ARGGGH!!

Have a great day!
Debbie
Old 02-25-2008, 01:45 PM   #9  
On the road to find out..

S/C/G: 340/see ticker/180

Height: 5'8"

Hello everybody!

I had a fantastic weekend. I started it off down 2 pounds at my Friday weigh-in. I was so happy to see the plateau break that I did a little dance after getting off the scale. The weather finally warmed up a bit and the sun came out making for lots of melting and finally giving me hope for spring.

I took a long walk yesterday in the cemetary near my house. It is pretty peaceful there and unlike most of the sidewalks in my neighborhood were not covered in slush, mud or ice. I managed to do 3 miles in just under 45 minutes, which I was pleased with as it is a very hilly cemetary.

The forecast for today is another snowy, icy mess, but I hear that next weekend is going to be sunny and in the 40's. One can only hope. I am planning on beginning a running regime starting as soon as the snow melts some more. I am a little intimidated by it, but I haven't felt this healthy and strong since I don't know when, so wish me luck.

I hope everyone has a great day!
Old 02-25-2008, 01:47 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 330/ticker/192

Height: 5'10

Hi chickies,

I had a super-bad weekend with food. I really need to get a grip on the let's throw caution to the wind feeling that comes over me sometimes in social eating situations. Oh well, back OP today.

Have a great day, everyone.
Old 02-25-2008, 02:02 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 376/319/170

Height: 5'2

I'm still here. Hanging in there decently even though there are GIRL SCOUT COOKIES IN THIS HOUSE! I've added all their nutritional info into Fitday and when I want some, I make sure to only eat a serving and LOG IT. I should be able to keep it in check. I'm still hovering at 10 pounds lost.
Old 02-25-2008, 02:34 PM   #12  

Quote:
Originally Posted by heather_dw View Post
I'm still here. Hanging in there decently even though there are GIRL SCOUT COOKIES IN THIS HOUSE! I've added all their nutritional info into Fitday and when I want some, I make sure to only eat a serving and LOG IT. I should be able to keep it in check. I'm still hovering at 10 pounds lost.
There is no way I can have Thin Mints or Samoas in my house. I could eat a box of either in one sitting without a single thought. Hey..I know myself. Why set myself up like that?

Soooooooo.......I DID buy GS cookies this year, but donated all 4 boxes....2 boxes to the food pantry in town and the other 2 boxes to ship over to Iraq for the military folks.
Old 02-25-2008, 04:33 PM   #13  

S/C/G: HW325/319/294/?

Height: 5' 8.5''

Hello everybody,

I have not been on the board much, hope everyone is well. My husband was away for 12 days and am so pleased that I stayed on plan for the entire time He got back home on time for our 2nd daughters 1st birthday (17th Feb). We went out with some family to a local restaraunt and I had a total blow-out - planned since I started out on the 7th of Jan. I had WI the following day and gained 1/2 lb, I was certain it was just fluid and not solid fat, stuck with the plan did my exercise and tonights WI - 5 1/2 pounds off!! 22.5 lbs lost in 7 weeks. Maybe I can do this after all. My fear of falling off the wagon (again) and of the big amount I need to lose is begining to wane a little. I've got another award, (1 1/2 stones lost) just need to concentrate on the next one, *trying* to think no further than that. There is this glimmer of a thought in the back of my mind, I can eat like this for ever and a day, I don't feel deprived or hard done by. I can continue to exercise - feeling so much better for it!
(I attend Slimming World here in the UK, for each 1/2 stone lost (7lbs) we get an 'award' - a shiny sticker lol)

I have gone back to work (part-time) after being off for 13 months - it was a shock to the system! lol

I hope you are all well & happy,

Róisín
Old 02-25-2008, 04:36 PM   #14  
Proud Army Mom

S/C/G: 319.2/265/160

LOL I am waiting my GS cookies....LOL I will freeze them in proportioned baggies....this way I know I'm only eating on portion per snack.

I feel really good about our get together yesterday...DH made his famous Softball sized meatballs......with spaghetti and homemade sauce. I convinced him to make them 50/50 turkey & lean ground beef.....plus he cooked up some turkey Italian sausage.....I only ate 1/2 a meatball & a 1/2 of a sausage but did have 2 portions of pasta.....when everyone else went back for seconds I had a second plate of salad!!! felt really good about my eating last night!!!

well tomorrow morning we watch my DS swear in and then wait with him till he flies out ........I am going to try my darndest not to cry but probably wont make it!!! LOL I don't care if he is 20 yrs old he is still my baby!!!!!! LOL

ok well DD just walked in she drove in today from her college to go to the base dr. she has bronchitus and Im making chicken noodle soup (homemade noodles, whole wheat flour!) for dinner.....guess I better get started!

Congrats to all who lost & confetti on those that didn't keep trying!!!

grrr the Internet gremlins ate my post or bumped me off LOL so good thing I copied my post before submitting it!!! LOL
ok Im off...
Old 02-25-2008, 06:05 PM   #15  
742,000 calories burned

S/C/G: 592/380/175

Debimitch-The snow banks out front can get 10 feet deep. What really scares me is that the Safeway next door bulldozes their parking lot snow into a 40 foot tall pile. (We bet every year how long it will take to entirely melt). One of these years, I just know that something nasty is going to melt out besides 6 months worth of litter.

Peggy-I bought Camp Fire Candy this year from the daughter of an old buddy back home. They went straight to the troops thank God. I did send her a postcard from Banff with my check, so she could show the other girls in her group how far away she sold candy this year.

I think I’m too tired to write anymore. I got my rear end worked off big time. This is the third different instructor I’ve had, and I think they’ve been talking, because they want me in the deep water class. They are trying to kill me in this one. I end up with half the pool to myself because the older ladies won’t stand anywhere near me. I splash you know. They try to work to the fastest one, and now some of the women are leaving half way through class because the instructor is trying to give me a good enough work out, and in the process they’ve got half dead bodies floating everywhere. Himself can’t speak in complete sentences right now he’s so tired. At one point he ended up upside down with his feet in the air. The instructor came over to make sure he was okay. I think she thought he was underwater looking at the other women’s legs when he was just almost drowning.
Closed Thread