Old 11-05-2007, 10:32 AM   #1  
Restarting my journey :)

S/C/G: 210/184/130

Height: 5ft 6

Default Witchfest!

On saturday I attended Witchfest International, a UK based event held every year in South London. It is run by an organisation who run other events, including open Sabbats, Pagan weekends and social events. I'd been to one WF a few years ago, and decided to go again this year. My non-pagan bf attended too and we had a wonderful time! We went to a talk, two workshops, drank a fair bit of mead and enjoyed the live music, but most of all, I felt so insipred! I often feel a bit distanced, or alone, as I've chosen a solitary path and don't know many other pagans, witches or wiccans, but being at WF reassured me and gave me a sense of belonging to something much wider than I can comprehend. It also inspired me to remember my worth at all times as a living being. I also got plenty of ideas about clothes I want to make, tattoos I'd like to have inked and a general positivity I've lacked since being out of work and not being healthy as I'd like, in body or mind.

I just wanted to share this with you, also wondering wether any other UK based Pagans attended this event?

I feel I've been given a new spark of motivation, a light to help guide me toward what I'd like to achieve in this coming year. I musn't let it go out!

ps I hope everyone had a lovely Samhain
going2Bhealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2007, 10:41 AM   #2  
Fun and Fantastic!

S/C/G: 264/256.4/140

Height: 5'6"

Sounds amazing! I'm glad you found some additional incentive on your path.
PsychoMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2007, 04:10 PM   #3  

It was amazing and I'm glad about the extra 'oomph' too
Old 11-05-2007, 09:40 PM   #4  
Bewitchin' in the kitchen

That sounds like it was a lot of fun! I find it very restorative and energizing to be in a place or at an event with like-minded people, even if it is only for a weekend.
mauvaisroux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2007, 08:18 AM   #5  

I agree mauvaisroux, it has really given me some oomph! Now just to try and channel that energy toward being healthy too
Old 11-16-2007, 07:52 PM   #6  
Bewitchin' in the kitchen

Well, you can look at it as honouring the sacred in and around you by taking care of your self physically, mentally and spiritually.
mauvaisroux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2007, 08:32 AM   #7  
On the Path again

S/C/G: 242/ticker/135

Height: 5'2"

It sounds wonderful! We have a Pagan Pride festival here every year, and I can totally relate with feeling connected with a greater whole.
jeepifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2008, 04:48 AM   #8  

Heheh! None of the pagans I know go to Witchfest, as we were all kicked off CoA a few years back - in a famous 'night of the long knives' - even fully paid up 'real life' members, on the forums - because one person from my area tried innocently, to organise a similar event up here in the North. We had met up 'in real life' and all knew eachother by then. I don't think they liked me because I stood up to their pet 'famous' author when she spouted rubbish on there to gullible kids! (Never one to keep me gob shut). Which is why you won't find any serious pagans at Witchfest (a lot of purple velvet clad self initiated wiccans I hear!) We were all from different traditions, the older people who left. We can be found at madwitches.org and other more closed sites, on the net.

You may notice names suddenly 'disappear' from those forums and wonder why. It seemed to turn into a site for teenagers after that and since then all the serious pagans have gone elsewhere. I'd not support witchfest or their magazine, as many people I know paid memberships then were cut off, without explanation, or refund so surely their money is funding it. 'Pentacle' is an excellent pagan magazine, btw!

Last edited by PhatPhoenix; 02-25-2008 at 04:49 AM.
PhatPhoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2008, 07:48 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 233.9/143/160

Height: 5'7"

In our area, we have two kinds of Pagans. We have the real ones, and we have the ones who simply self initiate and buy fancy robes to wear.

I understand what you mean. However, we have a Pagan Pride Day as well, here, and I am going to be involved with it. The group that I associate with, we have meetups, local classes, and try to stay involved with the community as much as we can.
aphil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2008, 12:38 PM   #10  

Phat Phoenix, that's a very discouraging story! Still, I really enjoyed my day at fairfield halls and I don't think you can say everyone that goes there is not a serious pagan, besides, dressing up (even if it must be in purple velvet) is fun once in a while
Old 05-18-2008, 05:21 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 212/168/140

Height: 5'4"

Default wow

I would love to do something like that! I also am on the solitary path and find it lonely sometimes.
stitchwitch1224 is offline   Reply With Quote