Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 02-24-2008, 11:02 AM   #1  

Default Do you leave and gain or gain and then leave 3fc!?

I gained a lb and left 3fc..only to leave 3fc to gain another 7!
over the past 2.5 months

This was tough (comming back) but now i vow to get back on track and stick with it down to goal by checking out your stories, and your support, and getting inspired every day.
chickyboo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2008, 11:04 AM   #2  
Work in progress

S/C/G: 165/ticker/120???

Height: 5'2"

welcome back. I had left for 2 months and gained back 5. Now I am back on track. I think this support system and sense of accountability is what helps us all to stay focused. I don't know what I would do without this site to be honest. You're not alone.
LittleMoonRabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2008, 11:13 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Height: 5'5"

Welcome back!!!

I find this place to be invaluable, when I am losing and doing great, but even MORE so when I am struggling!

Last edited by Heather; 02-24-2008 at 11:14 AM.
Heather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2008, 12:08 PM   #4  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

Height: 5'3"

Yay! You're back!

3FC does have people come and go... and that's to be expected, really. Some people leave because they "don't want to hear it." Others just move on to something else. It's OK!

Everyone here has the same interests--losing weight, and keeping it off. And, you can be sure folks do know what a trial it can be to be overweight/obese and trying to lose.

Hope to see you often!

Jay
JayEll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2008, 01:20 PM   #5  

Height: 5'8"

I say you don't have to leave either way. But it's true that people do come and go for different reasons.

I try to come here often. Most of the time it's just to read and remind me that I'm not the only one going thru this. I have found a tremendous source of support and information here. In my personal opinion, anyone seriously considering losing weight and keeping it off needs a strong support system.

I found it here. I have people around me who also support me, but it's not the same. This webiste is like another family, a family that's fighting the same battle I am. A family that doesn't have a "skinny sister" always making me feel bad about myself and reminding me on how unfair life can be at times...LOL! I don't have a skinny sister in real life either, but you know what I mean.

So stick around, thru good and bad. We're all here to support each other.
friendlykat4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2008, 02:10 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 202/ticker/135

I just don't weigh in when I gain or don't loose. I must have left here once before because it says on the side that I joined in 2005. I started really spending time here sometime in the spring of 2007. I really believe that a support group like this one is very important for me. I hope I don't just wake up some morning, say "screw it", and eat a pound of Farmer John's sausage and 4 fried eggs. Or seven pounds of spaghetti with meat sauce and two cups of parmesan cheese.....
gailr42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2008, 02:16 PM   #7  

Height: 5'7"

Yep, in the past I've started gaining and then left 3FC. Ended up with all my weight back plus 6 or 8 of its closest buddies. It's funny how we tend to leave this wonderful place when we need the support the most, no? I've learned my lesson from that and will be sticking around this time, come what may.
Glad to see you decided to come back.
suitejudyblueeyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2008, 02:27 PM   #8  

i'm the type of person who tends to withdraw from people when things are getting tough for me. i've always been that way. i run from help when i need it the most. i've seen others do the same thing as me on this site... we stray away from our diets and in turn stray away from 3FC. i've done it 2-3 times since i started in october, but i'm going to try really hard not to do that again. having a support system whether it's online or not is essential to successful weight loss and maintainence.
countrygirl7902 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2008, 03:35 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 202/ticker/135

It is probably more important to be here when we aren't doing well than when we are OK. I believe that we all have within us the ability to "get it" eventually. It just takes persistance.
gailr42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2008, 06:18 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 188/ticker/130

Height: 5'3"

i stay with 3fc no matter what's going on with my weight. I find when i'm frustrated at a gain...everyone gives me help..even if its just a "you can do it". I have been here for the whole durtation and find no matter what is happening good or bad in my life..everyone at 3fc is here for me!!!!!

and btw..i even move my scale when i gain even despite it being frustrating

Last edited by GatorgalstuckinGA; 02-24-2008 at 06:19 PM.
GatorgalstuckinGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2008, 08:11 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 200/190/165

Height: 5'9

I'm thinking that's why Weight Watchers is so successful, the support and accountability. This site is a great substitute, although I've never tried WW. It's nice to have others sharing the same goals. I left this site for awhile, gained a bit of weight, didn't finish my "plan" and I'm back too. This time the PLAN is going to happen! I'm finding it's not just a "diet" or a time period, these are life long changes... eating right and exercising has to become like brushing your teeth. This site helps for ideas and reminders!
horsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2008, 08:27 PM   #12  

I have lurked here for the 9 mo that I have been on WW. I do go to weekly meetings but view these forums daily for motivation and inspiration. I think as overweight people we will always have the guilt of gaining or a sense of failing. But getting right back on it is what we need to do with our heads held high
PorkChopNoMore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2008, 08:56 PM   #13  
Made of Starstuff

I haven't left yet! ( And hope I never do.)

Just like WW, I NEED the meetings, the encouragement, the support even more when I'm disappointed in myself, when I've gained, when I can't see anything but the long-difficult journey ahead.

I swallow my pride & log on, to see a group of people having the same struggles, who want nothing more than to see me succeed. Without this kind of support... I don't think there'd be anywhere for me to go but up in lbs...
Lovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2008, 04:29 PM   #14  

thanks for the warm re-welcome!!!
I missed you guys - day 2 and I already feel better - at least in my head you know :P

Its tough - I was thinking it sucks to re-do the work I have undone but what made me come back - as you all have iterated - is that I could stop from completely GOING back and undoing all of it. So I am pretty proud that I came back before I was 100% rock bottom back!

Thanks for all your kind and motivational word!
chickyboo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2008, 05:19 PM   #15  
Gettin Closer!!

S/C/G: See Signature

Height: Tall enough for my feet to reach the ground

I left for like 6 months and gained like 20 lbs!!!!!!!!!
StillTryin is offline   Reply With Quote