Old 02-21-2008, 02:56 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 233/231/160

Height: 5'6

Question Take Off Results?

Hi everyone!

I was wondering what kind of results you had when you did the 2 Days Take off...

I was also wondering if it had any bad side effects like diareha or... you know... I want to know if it is best to do it over the week end... if you have to go every 5 minutes!

Also... How often do you do it?

And lastely... What do you do after it... Do you go on your regular plan?

Thanks everyone!
Floprieto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2008, 03:14 PM   #2  
cheer

S/C/G: 217/194/125

Height: 5"3

I did the 2 day take off and it was soooo bad for me, I dont eat no meat at all chicken only to be exact and like I didnt have any chicken when I was on it so I ate veggies and im fussy so I didnt eat much of anthing so I starve lol probly me to blame tho,and I actually gained weight cus I was basicly starving myself, and was ready to get sick I guess i turned on brocolie cus i couldnt eat it and still cant, so it must depend on each person
cheerleader0203 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2008, 05:27 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 223/ticker/140

Height: 5' 7"

I have lost as much as 4.5 lbs in the 2 days. although most of that is water and I tend to swing back up a bit after reintroducing other foods. you are not supposed to do it more often than every two weeks. there is more info on TOs and Express' in the stickys at the top of the LAWL thread..

hope it helps....
zambejaly5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2008, 10:12 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 230/see ticker/120

Height: 5'1"

I have NOT had any negative side effects (my bowel movements stayed the same). I have always tried to do the Take Off Phase on the weekend. I use the weekend as my time to gear up for what is ahead of me. Such as the meal planning, food cooking and the proper food shopping.

In the case of having loose bowel movements make sure you are diluting the juice the way it is described. I know of some people (my husband) who drank the Juice straight from the bottle without diluting it and had big problems with diarrhea.

They say that you can do the Take Off Juice every 2 weeks but I only repeat the Take Off Phase when I hit a plateau in my weight loss and I need to jump start it again. Once the Take Off Phase is over I start following the color plan that was given to me.

On a personal note I have been instructed by a counselor when when I hit a weight loss plateau to do the Take Off Phase for two days and then replace a protein and carb for their slim down shake for another two days which helps tremendously.

I really enjoy the Take Off Phase period. Since I have followed the LAWL Plan on and off for so many years I have a couple versions of their Take Off Phase. I used the Take Off Phase which allowed me to eat unlimited amounts of protein and green veggies. Also there are versions of the Take Off phase in which you can have oranges instead of the Juice.

Let me know if you need more information ~~~ I hope this helps
kennedy5672 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2008, 10:45 AM   #5  
Post-Master

S/C/G: 235/213/150

Height: 5'7"

I do not do TO as I feel like I might die of hunger.........instead I do FF. I use 4 oranges in place of the drink. It is way cheaper, and it just makes it more bearable. I generally lose between 3.5 and 4.5 pounds. As long as I stay very strictly OP afterwards, I do not have any post FF gain.......but many many people do experience a small post FF or TO gain. I personally think that you have a less post gain with FF, as lean protein and green raw veggies are totally unlimited. There is no proof to back that up.....it is just what I have experienced.
Mama Nicole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2008, 12:44 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 207/?/160

Height: 5'8"

I have done more TO's than I'd like to remember... I usually will lose around 3 pounds and gain some of it back afterwards. I've done it with the COD juice, with oranges, grapefruits and cantaloupes. I think I had the best results weight wise with the grapefruit, but that is really acidic and if you are at all sensitive to that, it might really get to you. Some people have headaches. The FF is easier to do, as you can have unlimited protein. I have done that a time or two too. I have pretty much stopped doing the TO. Although every once in awhile I think I might try one again. It can be great for getting you to focus, and frankly be so happy you get to eat so much food regularly, since it is not a lot of food for those two days. I've worked when I did it, and I've done it on the weekends. No recommendation there, as it is really no different than trying to drink the 8 glasses of water. I do recommend if you do it to not do any really strenous exercise. I've had the worst time when I really hit the gym and then did the TO. I think I did that once where I went and exercised both days really hard and I was a basket case by the end of the second day... I've done TO when I was feeling poorly and didn't feel like eating, and that worked out fairly well for me, as I could stay "on plan" and still hardly eat. Not that I encounter times when I don't wish to eat very often, or I would never have gained the weight in the first place.
The FF where you get unlimited protein and veggies but no bars is easier to handle physically for me.
BarbaraB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2008, 08:32 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 242/233/190

Default Take Off

I'll be doing my first Take Off starting Sunday. I"m just starting the program..and am looking forward to losing the weight. I'll let you know how my Take Off goes.
Jess6783 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2008, 08:37 PM   #8  
Cecilia

S/C/G: 205/Check the Ticker/155

Height: 5'2

Welcome Jess! Post often! I am sooo glad to see you here!
cecil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2008, 02:16 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 263/243/150

Height: 5"6'

I usually do ff instead of to because I get too hungry with the to. I use the hollywood diet juice. Last time I did it, I dropped 8 lbs. I'm sure most of it was water weight since I hadn't dieted in so long, but still felt good to see that number. I'm planning on doing it again in about a week to give my loss a boost (hopefully). Oh, and I've never had any side effects from it.
joylove26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2008, 10:28 AM   #10  

Default 2nd Day

I'm on my second day of take off. I had my second meeting at the center today. I haven't lost anything. Everyone else seems to have lost SOMETHING with this portion..why not me. I thinkI"m getting discouraged already.
Old 02-25-2008, 12:40 PM   #11  
Liza - LAWL since 6/17/07

Height: 5'4"

Jess,

For some of us, we don't see the results for TO for a couple of days. I'm sure you'll see the difference in your next WI so don't get discouraged! Sometimes I see it right away, and sometimes I just retain the fluid for a couple of days. Then when I go in a few days later, I'm down 3lbs.
lizababe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2008, 04:14 PM   #12  
TBL Challenge Blue Team

S/C/G: 308/199/175

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jess6783 View Post
I'm on my second day of take off. I had my second meeting at the center today. I haven't lost anything. Everyone else seems to have lost SOMETHING with this portion..why not me. I thinkI"m getting discouraged already.
It always takes me at least 2 days before I see an weight loss, just a delay in my body. I seem to have hit a problem in my weight loss journey, so I am doing a Fast Forward (FF), as I still have too much to lose to do a TO. My councelors suggested doing the FF instead since the TO would really be too little food for my weight.

Good luck!
krjpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2008, 12:42 AM   #13  

Quote:
Originally Posted by lizababe View Post
Jess,

For some of us, we don't see the results for TO for a couple of days. I'm sure you'll see the difference in your next WI so don't get discouraged! Sometimes I see it right away, and sometimes I just retain the fluid for a couple of days. Then when I go in a few days later, I'm down 3lbs.
You were right! I did see it on my weigh in the second day. And now I've lost 6 pounds!! WOOHOO!!! I'm getting more excited...and I'm staying full.
Old 03-01-2008, 08:34 PM   #14  

Height: 5'4"

A question for those of you who do the FF (I can't eat the bars). I know the directions say "unlimited" lean protein, but can you give me an idea of about how much you eat and which proteins you choose? Obviously, the lean ones, but specifically which ones?

Also - since someone posted that the Hollywood Diet Juice is at Big Lots for $3/bottle, do you dilute that and add fiber like you do with the Knudsens? I searched for the answer but did not find the specific instructions for using the HDJ.

Thanks
Roberta

Last edited by shshshhh; 03-02-2008 at 01:05 PM. Reason: added another question
shshshhh is offline   Reply With Quote