Old 02-22-2008, 09:31 PM   #1  
I have less blubber!

S/C/G: 207/203/160

Height: 5'3"

Talking Does anyone else eat..

Lunchables?

As many of you know, I have been struggling to find my way back on track. I don't have alot of time to cook, so I allow myself to say "It's ok, I'll just grab some fast food."

I think I have found my personal solution..I know it sounds kiddy...But I really like Lunchables! The little pizza kits and the lunch meat and cheeses are really good. And not as nutritionally void as fast food..I don't have to stop and count out crackers, pull out lunch meat, pull out cheese. It's already there, ready to grab and take with me. They are way cheaper than eating fast food everyday too! Only like $2. I can get the Lunchable Juniors for $1 with the coupons that come on them, and they make a nice 140 calorie snack.

OK so tell me if I am weird LOL.
sockmonkey70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2008, 09:40 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 226/211/145

Height: 5"3"

I think that's a pretty good idea! Let me know how it works out for u. I do weight watchers.... I try to eat the things I love but in moderation, which is so incredibly hard. I am hooked on HOSTESS mini muffins, they are only 1 pt a package and because of the high fiber in them I am satisfied a bit longer than most other snacks.
nikki112682 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2008, 10:13 PM   #3  
is baaaad to the bone!

S/C/G: 145!

Height: 5'8"

I would have lunchables a long time ago when trying to diet (not successful at that time...not due to lunchables though)...I think they are okay...but I believe they are higher in sodium than other items...not sure...but check it out. Just don't go overboard on them
SunshineRunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2008, 10:52 PM   #4  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

You could also try making your own 'lunchables' if you wanted once you get the hang of it.

For me, I've started eating baby food as a snack. I really enjoyed pureed fruits and they only have fruit and water as their ingredients. The butternut squash and sweet potato ones are really good too.
nelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2008, 11:10 PM   #5  
Hooping my Life Away

S/C/G: 298/218.1/170

Height: 5'8"

I have a secret. I LOVE lunchables.
Daimere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2008, 11:34 PM   #6  
Finding My Bliss

S/C/G: Fit & Fat!

Height: Tall & Strong, Baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikki112682 View Post
I am hooked on HOSTESS mini muffins, they are only 1 pt a package and because of the high fiber in them I am satisfied a bit longer than most other snacks.
Hostess mini muffins are high in fiber?

I am glad you have found something that makes portion and calorie control easier. I do think that using reusable containers and putting together your own "lunchables" would be really great.
SoulBliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2008, 11:42 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 237/165.8/130

Height: 5'4"

Lunchables are extremely high in sodium and full of processed chemicals. Also you have to watch them carefully. Some of them are 600+ calories and 20+ grams of fat per package.

I would suspect that the lower cal ones are better than fast food, but I wouldn't make a habit of them myself.

As someone else pointed out, you can make your own lunchables type meal. Buy your deli meat, crackers, cheese, etc., prepackage 5 or 6 of them on the weekend, and then just grab-n-go during the rest of the week.

PhotoChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2008, 11:48 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 194/155/145

Height: 5'11"

lunchables are horrible for you!

if you are trying to lose weight and live healthier stay away from them...full of sodium (makes you retain water) and processed nonsense...

take other peoples advice...make your own...

or instead of grabbing the lunchable grab the southbeach diet wraps...waaaaay healthier for you and they are on the same shelf as the lunchables
loveXhateXregret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2008, 11:57 PM   #9  
I have less blubber!

I know they aren't the most healthy food...But I am just trying to find something that works for me until I have time to cook again. I am sure one of them for lunch is better for me than a double cheeseburger and fries, or a bag full of Taco Bell I would normally pick up.

PS...I only get the ones marked "sensible solution"...They are marginally better than the others.

Last edited by sockmonkey70; 02-23-2008 at 12:00 AM.
Old 02-23-2008, 12:17 AM   #10  

actually...

In 2005, Sensible Solution had added Lunchables products to their program to cut out most unhealty food items in their packages. So far, this has helped Lunchables branded products. For example, a pepperoni pizza package was at 690 calories, but it is now at 530 calories. Many lunchables products contain Airheads, Kool Aid, and Capri Sun products, while usually they used to contain Reeses peanut butter cups and on the higher calorie rated products have replaced Capri Sun with Kool Aid, usually Tropical Punch.

whereas the double cheeseburger only has 460 calories...less sodium and more protein...

if i ate meat...i would go with the double cheeseburger

Last edited by loveXhateXregret; 02-23-2008 at 12:18 AM.
Old 02-23-2008, 12:41 AM   #11  

Height: 5'5"

I agree that the lunchables are probably not a great solution. The meat almost looks like plastic. I used to LOVE those things too...thinking I was being healthy if I ate them rather than getting a slice of pizza or something. Then one day I had an epiphany. They just didn't taste good.

I don't have a lot of time either, but I've found that grabbing one of those packets of tuna (90 cals) and about 80cents at the groc. store---the night before i cut up some vegs, and then portion out a little light miracle whip (~20 cals). mix it all in the pouch. so easy, filling, and not all that bad for you. ...You could even spread it on top of a few wasu crackers. So yummy!

I sometimes use the clif bars as a meal replacement too...when I don't have time. I keep one with me at all times. They're about 240 cals...but they really tend to fill me up and keep my hunger at bay. Besides...I can get a good choc. fix that way sometimes too
mxgirl737 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2008, 12:48 AM   #12  
I have less blubber!

I guess I am a alone in actually liking the way they taste. I don't eat the airheads or drink the capri sun. I usually don't even buy the kinds that come with that. But eh. To each their own. I am sure a double cheeseburger and fries would be a much better solution. I don't know what I was thinking.

Last edited by sockmonkey70; 02-23-2008 at 12:48 AM. Reason: sp
Old 02-23-2008, 12:51 AM   #13  

Quote:
Originally Posted by mxgirl737 View Post
I agree that the lunchables are probably not a great solution. The meat almost looks like plastic. I used to LOVE those things too...thinking I was being healthy if I ate them rather than getting a slice of pizza or something. Then one day I had an epiphany. They just didn't taste good.

haha
yeah the meat was oddly shiny and slimy...shiver city!
Old 02-23-2008, 01:24 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 237/165.8/130

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
I am sure a double cheeseburger and fries would be a much better solution. I don't know what I was thinking.
You asked for people's opinions and you got them. So sorry that they weren't what you wanted to hear. The snide and snippy followup really isn't necessary.

I personally don't get the point of spending money on something where you're going to throw away 1/2 of it (i.e. the candy/dessert and the drink part).

If it were me, and I didn't have time to cook (which I frequently don't), I would go to my local deli counter and buy 1/2 lb of lunch meat (lean turkey, ham, etc.), 1/2 lb of sliced cheese, a box of crackers, and maybe some dried fruit. I'd take it home and take 30 minutes to divide that into 5 portions and put them in Zip-loc snack baggies. Put each baggie (1 of meat, 1 of cheese, 1 of the fruit, 1 of crackers) in another larger baggie. Stash those in the fridge. Grab one for lunch on my way out the door.

Healthy, not processed, not paying money for packaging, not throwing away 1/2 of what's in the package, cost 1/2 of what each lunchable would cost you ... and took you less than 30 min to put together on a Sunday afternoon/evening.

But that's just me.

PhotoChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2008, 01:43 AM   #15  

Well, she only asked if anybody else did Lunchables, too. Not a mini crash course on nutrition. If her "snide and snippy followup" isn't needed neither is the holier-than-thou attitude so many people around here carry. I've noticed this a lot. Many say "Well, it's okay that everyone's doing a different plan" in a tone that clearly says, "Although mine is obviously better." Try to remember, what works for you doesn't work for everyone else. It's a support forum. Try to be supportive.
ClearBlueWater is offline   Reply With Quote