Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 02-22-2008, 08:30 AM   #1  

S/C/G: S278/C227/G150

Height: 5'9"

Default And another newbie...

Hi there! I'm WanderingFatGirl, I'm 39 yrs old and looking for some inspiration and just good ole chit-chat... looks like I've come to the right place!

I need to lose 100lbs. My starting weight was 270 on Jan 1 and now I'm down to 250 as of this morning. Woo! My goal weight is 150.

My interests are: travelling, reading, horses, walking my dogs. The dog walking has probably saved me from weighing over 300lbs - owning an active border collie and walking a big ol' Leonberger (that belongs to a friend) sure does help the fitness. But despite the daily walking I have been overweight for most of my 30s. I am determined not to repeat this in my 40s.

I am going on vacation in June and the fear of wearing a swimsuit in front of people has given me a kick up the arse to cut out the crap food. While I certainly won't be at goal by then, I hope to get down to about 220 and reach goal by October.

I would also like to start riding again but don't think it's fair to make a horse carry all 250lbs of me... so I am waiting to start again when I reach 200.

I am tired of putting my life on hold, I'm always saying to myself "when I lose the weight I'll do this... or wear that..." It's got to start now. I would love to chat with any like-minded peeps on this board. Advice, inspiration, or whatever are all appreciated.
wanderingfatgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2008, 08:39 AM   #2  
Made of Starstuff

Hi there &

Be sure to check out the 100 lb club! So many of us here are in a similar boat At the moment, I too, have about 100 lbs to go. Congrats on the improvements you've made so far & the 20 lbs down (fantastic!).

Post wherever you're comfortable!

Best of success!
Lovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2008, 08:57 AM   #3  
agility-nut

S/C/G: 258/see ticker/170

Height: 5'9

Welcome!! We have alot in common, we are about the same weight and height and we both love Border Collies. So glad you could join us!
Janis427 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2008, 10:05 AM   #4  

S/C/G: S278/C227/G150

Height: 5'9"

Thanks for the replies so far... I'm looking forward to meeting some like-minded people here. All my friends and my husband are slim people. I'm the only overweight one, and although they are all dear to me, I don't really like to discuss my weight issues with them. How can they understand what it's like to battle with weight loss when they haven't been there?

Janis - your collie is a cutie-patootie! Mine is a blue merle called "Blue." He's 10 yrs old and not only is he a great pet but he also can do what he was designed to do - work sheep.

Oh, and I meant to type December for my goal month. My husband was on the phone talking to someone about an event he's going to in October so eavesdropping me typed October instead. It would be nice to reach goal that soon, but unlikely.
wanderingfatgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2008, 10:12 AM   #5  

Height: 5'-2"

Welcome to the forum!
And congratulations on your first 20 pounds... you're off to a great start!
ellis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2008, 10:51 AM   #6  
Made of Starstuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderingfatgirl View Post
Oh, and I meant to type December for my goal month. My husband was on the phone talking to someone about an event he's going to in October so eavesdropping me typed October instead. It would be nice to reach goal that soon, but unlikely.
30 lbs by June seems pretty reasonable. Ambitious, but reasonable. 100 lbs down by December may be on the high side, and isn't quite as reasonable. I don't say this to discourage you! But, sometimes people become very upset when they don't reach the weight that they want by the time they desire. Weight loss doesn't work that way ; ; So, we have to just make the healthy changes a permanent thing, and allow the weight to come off in as healthy a way as possible. Usually this is between 1-2 lbs average.

This may mean that you "only" lose 15 lbs by June, or that you lose "up to" 30 lbs. Most likely, it'll be somewhere in between The point is to be happy with the weight loss no matter. It's still exciting to say that by June you'll be healthier! And by December, even healthier than that! ^^
Lovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2008, 10:58 AM   #7  
Work in progress

S/C/G: 165/ticker/120???

Height: 5'2"

Make sure to celebrate every little success with us! Nothing feels better than to get a good 'ol pat on the back when you have accomplished something good... even if it is as small as turning down a doughnut during your company lunchbreak. It's the small things that make this journey so much easier. Welcome and enjoy! This is a great place to be
LittleMoonRabbit is offline   Reply With Quote