South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 02-22-2008, 05:46 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Default Fabulous Friday Chick Chat

Hot drinks all around, just bring a mug!

We're snow covered this morning! I'm glad I can just stay home and enjoy it. Even Jake is still here, he started out earlier but turned around and came back because the salt trucks hadn't been out yet and the roads were slick. So he's going to just wait til the roads are salted and head out again.
I was tempted to just stay in my jammies all day, but I'm showered and dressed. I think I'll just spend a nice lazy day curled up on the couch, reading and doing some crosstitch.
Old 02-22-2008, 06:15 AM   #2  
-

S/C/G: Size 16 to 18/Size 6/I'm there

Height: 5"3" Age: 55

Cottage, sounds like a great day to stay on the couch! What are you working on cross stitch wise?

Nasty day here...rain, rain, rain. We were under a tornado watch till about an hour ago. I had wanted to go to Baton Rouge to Whole Foods this afternoon, but that's out now. No idea what I'm going to do now. Friday afternoons are our "weekends" since I usually work on Sat. and Sunday and my husband works on Sunday too. No fair! It's our field trip day. Taking my Mom to vist some friends who are in a nursing home tommorrow, so I may hit the Target in the town where they are (closest one to here) and see if I can find something cute and "springish" to wear to work. (I don't like to spend money on school clothes) Sometimes we get some cold weather at the end of Feb. and beginning of March. (it snowed one year in March) but I think for the most part it will be closer to spring temperature wise and we won't be getting too much more cold weather.

Last edited by femmecreole; 02-22-2008 at 06:18 AM.
Old 02-22-2008, 06:34 AM   #3  
Determined to lose!

Good morning ladies! And all those not yet out of bed!!!!! (don't tell, but I know cause it's your all on the west coast right? hehehe)

Linda, I'm jealous! Ihave to go to work, I'd much rather spend the day reading!

Cat, sounds like a fun day!

Me: Things at work are crazy with Matt and Michelle out this week cause she delivered their baby on Sunday. They did stop in yesterday with Cameron, he's so cute! Brand new to the job and not knowing everything yet, it makes it that much more difficult when matts paperwork is backed up a month!

Anyway... the kid is doing things to annoy me. His way of getting me to say "go!" Little does he know I've been ready for him to leave, even though it will be hard.

OK< it's late, still got to do the hair (already showered.)
Old 02-22-2008, 06:34 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Cat, that's a bummer that you'll have to cancel your field trip plans. Do you think you'll be able to go tomorrow? That should be fun, shopping for spring clothes! It's nice to know that spring will be here in a few weeks. You should be able to find something really cute in your new smaller size. I'm crosstitching a sampler for Amber's bedroom, but it's slow going.
Old 02-22-2008, 06:34 AM   #5  
Determined to lose!

OH, btw... down another pound, for a total of since Saturday!!!
Old 02-22-2008, 07:34 AM   #6  

Morning all

Cat have fun shopping!!!

Cottage sounds like a good plan for a cold day!

Loriann-Yeah on the lost pound!!!

ME-Today I am cleaning house. The babysitter is coming tonight because hubbyand I are going to a military ball. I really didn't wanna go because they are kinda boring. LOL Listening to poeple talk and such. But now I know some friends will be there so maybe it will be fun. I had to get my dress taken up TWO sizes.
Take care
Tammie
Old 02-22-2008, 07:48 AM   #7  
Determined to lose!

Tammie!!!!!! 2 dress sizes!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 02-22-2008, 07:57 AM   #8  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Quickie this morning. Claire is picking me up in an hour to go to the doc and I need to hustle - breakfast, shower and getting dressed take forever. See y'all later. (Going to get my "real" doc to check my knee and hope he gives me more new pain meds!)
Old 02-22-2008, 08:45 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 302/229/140

Height: 5'11"

Default Fabulous friday chat.

Oh oh Philly snow usually exits up here. We had a week's break from shoveling snow now we must pay.

I have one lazy week left before I have to go to work. I lost 3 lbs this week and am now " official" in Nova Scotia. Hopefully the results of the boards are good. I'll find out in a week. If they are its clear sailing from here.

I am not sorry to be out of tornado alley. Growing up in Indiana I hated those things. I would love to see Baton Rouge though ( in the winter or spring )
Old 02-22-2008, 08:51 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 302/229/140

Height: 5'11"

Oh yea forgot new recipie today. a SB compatable version of Italian wedding soup.

meatballs 8oz lean ground beef
Palm of hand each bran, ground flax, oregano, italian seasoning 1 tsp-TBSP whole wheat flour. mix in food processer until forming a ball.
baking sheet make 3/4" meatballs out of mix bake til cooked about 15 mintues 350F. ( My oven isn't in C)

in soup pot. Chicken stock i put in about half a gallon ( 2L) chopped up swiss chard or other leafy green many use spinach. Spinach is really hard to come by up here for some odd reason. an onion and green pepper 1 palm of basil cook the vegies to desired consistancy add the meatballs last 20 minutes. Top with ground parmasan cheese.

You can also add whole wheat orzo but I'm not using pasta til we're near maintenence.
Old 02-22-2008, 08:53 AM   #11  
HAPPY HEALTHY ME

S/C/G: 215.4/-/165

Height: 5'2"

Morning everyone. It's greary rain weather here and suppose to be that way all day til sunday.

Cottage sounds like you have a nice relxaing day ahead of you

Morning Cat

Loriann congrats on the weight loss

Tammie thats a great NSV (dress) Hope you enjoy the ball. Makes me think of cinderella

Ruth hope all goes well at the doctor

Spirit - 3lb loss is great

As for me I am back in onderland (finally) - dow 3.4 lbs this morning which means I am well on my way to making my easter goal. Tonight dinner is at cracker barrel and I am having a time deciding what to eat. Didin't get to go get my heart rate monitor lastnight as the weather was horrible with pouring rain and thunder/lightning but I will go this weekend

Be back later
Old 02-22-2008, 09:27 AM   #12  

The two dress sizes is from about 2 yrs ago. So in that time I have gone from a 20 to a 16.

Tammie
Old 02-22-2008, 09:29 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 144.4/137/120

Height: 5

TGIF! Wow did we get ice yesterday! Made for an interesting drive home but I think it would have been nearly impossible to go in the ditch driving behind cars doing 25 all the way home! Things let up lastnight and the trucks have done pretty well overnight so driving in this morning wasn't to bad! Would much rather be at home though!

Not much else going on, hoping for a calm day leading upto the weekend.

No time for personals but it sounds like we have alot of sucess stories going on! Congrats to everyone!

Here is some for those struggling!

Have a great day ladies!
Old 02-22-2008, 10:36 AM   #14  
Trying it again....

S/C/G: 237/237/145

Height: 5'4"

good morning. well, nothing much going on here. I have a baby shower cake to do for tomorrow. Pretty excited about doing this one. I like doing cakes for this lady because I don't get tempted to eat the frosting, I don't like whipped topping for frostings and that's what she wants......so therefore, I don't get tempted. I haven't stepped on the scale yet this morning. Need to shower before I do (as if all the crummy stuff is gonna weigh a ton). i have a full day ahead of me today and probably won't be able to post on Monday. Gotta be up at the hospital by 6am for DD surgery.
Old 02-22-2008, 11:08 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 195/165/150

Height: 5"6'

Good morning.

I'm stuck in today due to the snow. Unfortunately I don't get paid if I don't come into work. But it's not worth taking the risk for a 30 minute drive.

On the bright side, I can get caught up on the laundry.
Closed Thread