Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 02-08-2008, 01:11 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 160/133/125

Height: 5'5"

Default Uneven weight loss becoming a problem

I've lost a total of almost 30lbs now and getting almost to my goal but I have an unusual problem.

My thighs and upper arms are still huge (no size change at all with the weight loss!) and I still have a tummy pooch, but in other places I'm getting bony! You can feel my pelvic bone easily and when I am sitting it's actually uncomfortable because my rear end is bony.

I know you can't spot reduce, I do weight lift 3x a week, so why am I too skinny in some areas yet haven't lost anything in other? Is there anything I can do?
circi2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2008, 01:35 PM   #2  
Moderating Mama

S/C/G: 295/200/175

Height: 5' 8"

Unfortunately, not really. You'll lose where you lose.

Did you take measurements as you went along on your arms and thighs? Sometimes it is hard to see a change, because your eyes need to catch up with your body, but the change is there.

I also found that, having been overweight so long, what felt bony to me was really just normal...and it took some getting used to to have my bones so close to the surface.

Sounds like you're doing well, so just keep going....hopefully you'll get a little more reduction in the areas you're uncomfortable with soon.
mandalinn82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2008, 01:41 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 160/133/125

I haven't measured my arms but my thighs I have. They've actually gotten a little bigger where I guess muscle has developed under the fat.

I hope it feels normal soon. I have a desk job and sitting all day is a bit painful now, I have to keep adjusting in my chair!
circi2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2008, 01:42 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 209/209/160

Height: 5'9

circi, I have the same problem. The fat does NOT want to come off my arms and thighs, despite the fact that my torso and waist are very slim. There's nothing to be done about it, really. You could try to lose more pounds and see how that goes. I'm focusing on losing body fat with the hopes that eventually fat will have to come off my arms and thighs. There's really nothing for it. The body gains and loses weight according to its own design, not our wishes.
baffled111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2008, 02:03 PM   #5  
The Mabbinator

Even at my heaviest I had no padding on my butt. Unfortunately different bodies hold on to fat in different places.
queennmab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2008, 02:05 PM   #6  
Moderating Mama

I am also a buttless wonder. And you're right, sitting on hard surfaces does hurt a bit. But that's my body type.
Old 02-21-2008, 01:04 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 188/188/175

Angry Uneven Weight Loss (of the worst kind)

I've been lurking around here for a while, but I just had to reply to this thread....

Uneven weight loss has also hit me. Very specifically. One boob is now smaller than the other! It took me a while to figure out why my shirts/bras were starting to shift to one side. Hopefully, as I keep losing weight and shaping up, I'll even out....
BoiseShan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2008, 01:17 PM   #8  
Meg

Boise! The same thing happened to my DD while she was losing 55 pounds. Thankfully, it DID even out in the end!
Meg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2008, 01:17 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 217/tick/160

Height: 5'5

I am a buttless wonder as well and my boobs have always been different sizes. lol. We're awful special.
peachcake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2008, 01:24 PM   #10  
Moderating Mama

My boobs have also always been difference sizes. Weight loss didn't change that...but they're just as they always were, really.
Old 02-21-2008, 02:10 PM   #11  

It'll probably even out with time. It can take a year or two after reaching goal for things to shift into where they're going to stay. My sister is a perfect case in point. She had lost as much weight as was healthy for her height (maybe even a bit more), but she still had a belly, large thighs and kind of a chubby face and was constantly complaining about looking pregnant. Now, 2 years later, things evened out and she has a figure that most people would kill for.

Don't let it distract you from losing. You're doing a fantastic job!
JoyfulVegGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2008, 02:18 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 212.6/149.6/150

Height: 5'3"

No butt here either! When I got a professional bra fitting, the lady told me that everyone has one boob bigger than the other-they fit the bra to your biggest one. I guess if that made the cup way too big for the other boob, they probably have some sort of "padding" that could be used to even them out?
PJS145 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2008, 02:34 PM   #13  
Made of Starstuff

No one's boobs are perfectly symmetrical. Most women's are just similar enough that the difference isn't terribly noticeable. If one is particularly larger than the other, there is padding available to "even them out".
Lovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2008, 02:39 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 217/tick/160

Height: 5'5

Eh, I don't see any real reason to even them out. I'm not that insecure about them, i kinda think it's funny.
peachcake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2008, 03:09 PM   #15  
Made of Starstuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by peachcake View Post
Eh, I don't see any real reason to even them out. I'm not that insecure about them, i kinda think it's funny.
Oh I hope I didn't come across as saying that you should or anything. Sorry, I wasn't clear, I was responding to PJS145 questioning about padding.

Just saying that it is available, not that anyone needs to! I, too, enjoy the quirky things about my body, and don't want to change them. ^^
Lovely is offline   Reply With Quote