Old 12-28-2007, 07:00 PM   #1  
GmaTo8

Thumbs up Momentum/Flexers NSVs (non-scale victories)

Here's a thread to toot our own horns regarding any successes we've had on our weight loss journey that has nothing to do with the scales. Big or small success, do tell! Don't be shy. Wag your own tail, and share what's happened that makes you say WOOHOO, and want to do a little dance.

Personally, my latest NSV was when I tossed all the toxic holiday goodies down the garbage disposal. A feeling of control crept into my body as I did that, and a big smile settled on my face.

What about you? What's your latest NSV?
Jane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2007, 08:25 PM   #2  
weight watching

Good for you!!! I wish I had your moral fiber I didn't get many holiday goodies this year, but I did eat some of them (gave the rest away).

I think this is an NSV. One of my biggest challenges is mindless snacking, aided and abetted by The Candy Machine in the Basement of my apartment building. For two days I haven't gone near it.
Bloomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2007, 12:50 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 375/361/170

Height: 6'1

I've started making much better choices whenever I eat out or eat at a friends' place. Even if I'm not immediately able to figure up points, I can usually determine that I'm not eating anything extremely detrimental to my daily total. Really helped during the holidays.
Miss Alex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2007, 12:02 PM   #4  
GmaTo8

Woo hoo to you both! The little things add up to success.
Old 12-29-2007, 01:55 PM   #5  

My NSV this week would have to be getting through the holidays without totally pigging out...that makes me very happy and I can feel the real changes happening on the inside...It might not reflect on the scale as of yet, but just knowing the changes are starting to happen are very encouraging...
Misery Chick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2007, 02:05 PM   #6  
Always FatGirlVSFitGirl

S/C/G: 206/180/155

Height: 5'3 1/2"

My measurements have been NSVs that help me through when the scale is sluggish, also how my pants fit.

Wearing large vs. x-large is an NSV.

Today, we're having a thaw, so I was clearing out a small ditch behind my house to keep the water flowing away from the house and I was thinking that I love how now when I do something like that it doesn't totally wipe me out and I'll still go for my walk later. It's just great to feel strong.
kelijpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2008, 10:56 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 239.9/226.8/175

Height: 5'4"

Someone I hadn't seen in quite a while noticed that I was losing weight!!!
3 months and 15 pounds and someine noticed WOOHOO!!!!
diet diva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2008, 10:15 AM   #8  
GmaTo8

A big YAY to all 3 of you! These things make us feel so good, and gives us encouragement, don't they?
Old 01-25-2008, 04:23 PM   #9  
Kim

S/C/G: 186/161/150

Height: 5'4"

I've had two NSVs this week. The first one was on Wednesday. I made it through three consecutive days worth of workouts without holding onto the treadmill. I could really tell what a difference it was making by Wednesday afternoon. I was able to move more and lift my legs higher. I had more energy too!

Then last night I was teaching dance class and two of my students mentioned my weight loss. One said he really noticed it in my face, which is where I notice the most change right now also. Woohooo!
Paintfancy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2008, 07:54 PM   #10  
Always FatGirlVSFitGirl

How great, Paint!

I've tracked all week, finally got all my water in today!! Had been struggling with that again, lately...
Old 02-01-2008, 09:20 AM   #11  
GmaTo8

YAY, ladies!

Last night, DH and I ate at a club, and the meal is served to you. They never, ever have dessert. But last night, they gave everyone a delicious-looking cupcake that one of the members had just baked for everyone. I handed mine over to DH immediately, so I wouldn't be tempted to eat it. Just a small thing, but still.
Old 02-01-2008, 10:50 AM   #12  

Height: 5'7"

Yay, Jane! Not feeling like you have to eat everything handed to you is HUGE. WTG on that victory!

My wedding ring isn't loose by any means, but it no longer leaves a huge red band underneath it on my finger. Like, when I take it off, there's barely an indentation there anymore
suitejudyblueeyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2008, 08:05 PM   #13  
Always FatGirlVSFitGirl

Went to the chinese buffet for MIL's bday and DH and I ordered off the menu, we split shrimp and broccolli. It was great and didn't end up feeling like a stuffed sausage at the end of the meal!!
Old 02-08-2008, 08:17 PM   #14  

Height: 5'6"

Yay for having the loss noticed, getting the water in, handing over cake, non-binding (lol) wedding rings, and shared meals! All of that is stuff to about!

My NSV -- I've stuck around long enough to get my sig back! Woo!

Last edited by LizzieW; 02-08-2008 at 08:18 PM.
LizzieW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2008, 09:55 PM   #15  

Height: 5'7"

YAY!
suitejudyblueeyes is offline   Reply With Quote