Old 02-19-2008, 06:49 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 213/199/145

Height: 5'7"

Default I am so mad!!!! Another center closed.

So I have not been op the last few weeks. I was sick, my child was sick, my grandmother was sick, even the dog was sick. But last night I vowed to get back on plan and go to the center today (which I visited last just a few weeks ago). But, it was closed!!! No warning call or letter, just a note on the door to call a number that of course went straight to voice mail. The nearest center would be over an hour round trip, and for that matter, noone seems to know where my chart is. I am so disgusted with the whole LAWL franchise. I spoke with someone at the nearest center and she was so condescending. She actually had the nerve to tell me that everyone who was now driving all that way to her center was "having a blast". That's when I decided, I'm through with the centers (like so many of you before me). I will do it on my own with the help of this website and an accountability friend. I should have seen this coming. Employees being mysteriously transferred...All materials being photocopies...Decreased hours. But I didn't. The center has been there for over a decade and I thought I was safe. Oh well... Now I join the ranks of the disenfranchised...
jean2299 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008, 08:05 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 252/226/165

Height: 5'10"

That sounds really frustrating, but good for you deciding you can still do this on your own. Well, not on your own, but you know.
KendraLynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008, 08:42 PM   #3  
Katie

Height: 5'1

Wow, Jean, that sucks! We will be glad to support you along the way. I asked my center recently if they would be closing, and they had the nerve to act suprised.
Repo girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008, 10:54 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 194.6/194.6/163

Height: 5.5

I said that before and I will say it again: too bad such a GREAT weight loss and management plan has such bad marketing/franchising company behind it. Too much sale, too little counseling and consideration for the money we pay/have paid for it...
apple76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2008, 12:25 AM   #5  

I agree. I am mad because LAWL worked for me. I lost almost 30 pounds and I think the sensible diet and the accountability of weighing in frequently was why. But clearly, something is really wrong with the company if centers are closing so frequently and customers are treated so poorly.
Old 02-20-2008, 11:03 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 212.6/149.6/150

Height: 5'3"

jean2299-I see that you're in Nash., too-which center is it that closed?
PJS145 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2008, 11:56 PM   #7  

It was in Antioch - near Hickory Hollow Mall.
Old 02-21-2008, 09:36 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 212.6/149.6/150

Height: 5'3"

Thanks! I thought it was that one-I go to the one in Donelson, but I've only got one week of maintenance left, anyway. I'm so sorry yours is closing-if you think about going to another one, a counselor named Hope at the one in Donelson is awesome.
PJS145 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2008, 05:33 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 230/see ticker/120

Height: 5'1"

Smile Hello Everyone

I am also pretty sad to hear about all the LAWL/Pure Centers closing. I really stood behind the plan and the benefits that came with following the plan. I can't believe what happened to all those people. I don't know what I would have done if it was me.

I right now feel so foolish. I I truly thought that the only way to successfully lose weight was to rejoin with a CENTER and to pay all that money all over again. I didn't know that you guys were here supporting each other through this forum.

I am excited to to be here - and to start my journal along side all of you? Cause' I could sure use the help
kennedy5672 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2008, 02:30 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 263/243/150

Height: 5"6'

Sorry about your center closing. But just remember, you CAN do this without the center. I'm actually finding it easier to do without the center because the time I spent driving there and back I now put into exercise. My center was about 45 mins away and was just too much trouble. Plus, the counselors all changed and I wasn't too crazy about any of the new ones because they tried to sell way too hard. Good luck on meeting your goals. I know you can do it.
joylove26 is offline   Reply With Quote