Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Closed Thread

Old 05-10-2002, 03:47 PM   #1  

Question BodyFlex, is this for real?

What do you know about BodyFlex? I tried the tapes for a month, and they did NOTHING for me!

I should have known better.
Old 05-10-2002, 08:53 PM   #2  
Getting healthier daily!!

Default Body Flex...

Hello. I have used Body Flex for four years. I lost 50# and then maintained for the rest of the time. Now I am adding more intensity to my sessions and making sure to do them every day instead of taking the weekends off as I did before.

I think it is terrific!!!

The most important thing is to perfect the breathing portion of the routine before adding positions. The most important thing is to perfect the breathing portion of the routine before adding positions.

Some people lose very rapidly and others are slower losers. If you have a small amount of weight and inches to get rid of, your losses will be slower.

Also a VERY big thing is to drink lots and lots of water.

You might want to try Body Flex again. Many people have had super results with it (as I have). There is a Body Flex support board on-line which is run by a gal named Jacque' and she is very good.

Hope this helps some.
Old 05-10-2002, 10:08 PM   #3  

I, too like Body Flex. I am about to begin it again. I did it a few years ago and the inches really went. Lazy I guess is the only reason I didn't keep doing it. I realize now that 18 minutes a day sure beats an hour of walking to get the same results. I have a friend that is looking for the tapes. I told her to go to ebay. I am looking for the "gym in a bag" that Greer sells. (strength building bands)
Old 05-15-2002, 05:01 AM   #4  

Default bodyFlex Videos

Would it be illegal to have a friend copy these tapes for me so I could try them? I've already been taken in by so many scams I'm afraid to spend more money on these; even if someone does say they worked for them. I don't think my bank account can take any more!
Old 05-16-2002, 10:16 AM   #5  

Snuggles, go to e-bay and buy a used copy. I got mine for $7.

Good luck!
Old 05-16-2002, 04:18 PM   #6  

Hey thanks for the idea! May I ask if it's actually working for YOU??? I have seen her infomercial several times and part of it makes sense but I don't trust something that seems so easy... Anyway, thanks for the reply!
Old 05-20-2002, 10:18 AM   #7  

Default BodyFlex???

Who's tape is this??? Would also like to get one. Jill
Old 05-20-2002, 04:19 PM   #8  

Angry Body Flex...

It is called: Greer Childers' Body Flex. When you order be sure to get the first tape that has an instructional video, a video with a routine on it, cassette audio tape and a measuring tape.

There is an "Advanced" video but that is only (repeat: only) for people who have perfected the breathing and stretching positions first. There are NO instructions included with the Advanced video.

You can order on-line, one of the home shopping shows carries it, and e-bay has had it. Shop for a good price. Greer Childers also has a book called "Be a Loser" I think. It makes good reading and will keep you going if you tend to lose momentum as I do.

This is an aerobic/anerobic breathing program with stretching positions. It can be done by just about anyone. I have severe arthritis and there are days where I cannot do anything else other than BREATHE. I tell people that the program is the breathing. An added benefit is the stretching positions which can be done sitting standing and some even lying down.

If you get the program, I hope it is as wonderful for you as it has been for me. You will feel silly with all the heavy breathing but it is well worth it!!!

I hope this helps some...
Old 05-20-2002, 04:45 PM   #9  

This is good to hear. I bought the tapes, but never used them. My daughters used to watch them just so they could laugh at the funny face on the woman in the tape Now I'll have to dust them off and give them a real chance!

Blessings,
Avalon
Old 05-20-2002, 09:15 PM   #10  

Default Thanks Carnation

I want to thank you for your information! I would never have known that the advanced was only that one video. I almost bought it on ebay than after reading your post realized that I am definently NOT advanced!! I need the bottom line instructions first. Thank you so much for the warning - saved me some money and head ache! Do you mind if I ask if you've lost anything on the program? Do you feel better with it like she says you will?
Old 05-21-2002, 09:52 PM   #11  

Angry Body Flex....

Hello, Snuggles...

See my post above from 5-10-02. I'm still losing but at a slower rate. I have about 25# to lose to get to my personal goal.

The Advanced program is only 9 minutes and is really for people who have mastered the program first. So do get the first set first!!! And if you can do so, the book is a good tool.

And here's another money-saving thing: There is a Body Flex support board run by Jacque' and she is really good at managing that board. She has designed her own method to step up the losses if one is at a plateau. It is called The Skipped Breath. (theskippedbreath.com) (I think) It's free!!!!!!

So when you get comfortable with BF, try The Skipped Breath but do wait until you have mastered the technique!!!

Also - when I started BF I did not do any other form of exercise. Just some sensible eating and BF. That's it. Now I am able to do some walking which I need because of arthritis.

I hope I've helped some. Just remember to master the breathing before attempting the stretches and it will work out better for you. Take a week if necessary before adding positions. And DRINK, DRINK, DRINK water!!!!!
Old 05-21-2002, 09:59 PM   #12  

Angry And another thing.....

I feel sooooo much better when doing BF. You will experience better lung capacity and won't get so winded on steps, etc. I found walking to be so much easier, also. I feel 100% better because of Body Flex.

If you are a walker or a runner you will really see a difference in your endurance. I was not an exerciser at all but now I feel as if I can do just about anything. It's a great feeling!!!

If you need help just let me know - I'll help if I can.
Old 05-21-2002, 10:09 PM   #13  

Thumbs down

Thanks Carleen! I'm going to check for a copy at ebay (the right one this time!). When I get it I'll let you know if I am having any problems... Thanks for the straight forwardness. I say NO to paid advertisers! What a bunch of liars; I am so sick of paying money to have something be a total rip off! But this sounds like it's the real deal!
Old 05-23-2002, 01:06 AM   #14  

Is there anyone else that has tried the body flex and the oxycise tapes? I would love to hear your stories, good or bad.
Old 07-31-2002, 01:25 PM   #15  

I tried them briefly and loved how I felt! I am amazed that I noticed a difference so quickly. I'm going to start doing it again. I stopped for 2 reasons, the no. 1 reason was laziness and the no. 2 reason was my daughter making fun of the video. She was so annoying trying to act like Greer.
Closed Thread