Old 02-03-2008, 06:38 PM   #1  
MasterHarper

Height: 5'5"

Cool Gettin' my sexy back - February.

Hi

My name's Julie and last year I was part of a fantastic group on here and managed to lose 70 lbs with their help - but then I got pregnant, went away, put on tons of weight, had the baby, came back - and my wonderful support group is no longer here!

So, now I'm ready to get back to work at 'Gettin' my sexy back' and wondered if anyone would like to join me.

I've made a start - I've lost 19 pounds since 1 week post-partum (plus 17 lbs lost in the first week - but that included baby and associated stuff). I want to get back into my size 10 (US size 6) jeans by summer time! And also lose this jelly belly I seem to have acquired.

So, come on ladies, let's get our sexy back!!
Robsia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2008, 07:25 PM   #2  

Hi - I'm Lisa and I want to get my sexy back!

I lost 60 lbs 2 years ago (needed to lose a few more) but life happens and I've gained almost all of that back.

I'm 47 (as of the 8th of February) and have lost a little over 9 pounds since Dec 30, 2007. I'm not sure what my end goal is going to be, but I would like to get my body fat% to 20%.

Looking forward to conversations along the way!
LadyNascar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2008, 08:47 PM   #3  
The Radiant One

S/C/G: 250/142/135

Height: 5'2"

Hi Julie! Thanks for the invite!
fiberlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2008, 12:36 AM   #4  
Yeah.....

S/C/G: 190/ticker/135

Height: 5'1''

Hey Everyone!!! I'm So Ready To Bring Sexy Back!!!!! I'm in this till the end!!!
CapriPants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2008, 02:58 AM   #5  
MasterHarper

Hi Lisa - welcome! You've done so well to lose 9 pounds already.

Hi Lori - I sent an invite to everyone on the plateau thread that seemed to fizzle out - so maybe we'll see a few familiar faces and also meet some great new people.

Hi Capripants - welcome! Well done on losing 5 pounds! Look forward to getting to know you better!

Here are my stats for this week:

Week 9:
Starting Weight: 190 lb (1 week post-partum)
Current Weight: 171.1 lb

Lost this week: 2.2 lb
Lost so far: 18.9 lb (35.9 lb from pre-birth)

To lose to get to pre-pg (144): 27.1 lb
To lose to get to ultimate goal (135): 36.1 lb

I haven't managed to start working out yet - baby is 9 weeks - but my mum offered to take her a couple of times a week so I can do my workout, so I might start that this week.
Old 02-04-2008, 01:56 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 160/145/125

Height: 5ft.3in

Red face

Hi Julie... Thanks for the invite. I am ready to get my sexy back. I'm like you I had a baby actually baby girl #4 gained way to much weight, but it was worth it. I'm very impressed at how much weight you have lost and in only 9 weeks. You go girl! My ultimate goal is 135 pounds also. We can do it! What kind of plan are you following? I'm trying low carb again; I had success with it after baby #3, I sure hope it works this time.

I'M GETTIN MY SEXY BACK! Christy
racerwife07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2008, 02:03 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 201/190/170

Height: 5'11"

Oooo, yeah, I wanna get my sexy back, too! My bebe #2 will be 1 year old in April and I am hoping to be at my prepregnancy weight then........it came off a lot quicker & easier with #1!!! Looking forward to all the support & conversation!
InAGroove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2008, 02:46 PM   #8  
MasterHarper

Hi Christy. I'm not following any plan as such - just calorie counting and logging it all in Nutridiary. It worked for me in the past so I know I can do it. Baby was born on 4th December, so I had Christmas and New year to deal with but, although the weight did go up, it came down again in between times, so over that two-week period I technically maintained, which I was very pleased with. I'm eating between about 1600 and 1700 calories a day - and I'm breastfeeding, which burns up loads of calories. So I'm really pleased with my weight loss so far.

Hi InAGroove - welcome!! Look forward to getting to know you.
Old 02-04-2008, 10:08 PM   #9  
Sandra

S/C/G: 230/195.0/145

Height: 5'4"

Hi Ladies ~

I would love to join your group if you don't mind!! Love the title....

I have a daughter as well but she's almost 13 so I can't blame my weight on the pregnancy anymore, huh? My weight, much like everyone elses has been a little of this and a little of that through the years and here I am!! I have, however lost 35 pounds, took a break for December and January due to family illnesses and am now ready to get back on track!!

Can't wait to get to know you all better through this journey.
OneLastTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2008, 02:47 AM   #10  
MasterHarper

Hi Sandra - welcome to the group. You've done really well so far to lose 35 lbs.
Old 02-05-2008, 04:23 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 236/221/136

Height: 5'7

Hi can I join your thread? I would also like to get my sexy back, although it has been so long I am not sure where it is!!!

i started this journey on jan 14 08 and have lost almost 15 lbs so far. My goal was 125lbs but in figuring out what my BMI would be I am wondering if that goal may be too low. I would have a BMI of 19. What do you all think about that?

I also have a baby (baby girl # 3). She is 10 months though. I just got down to my prepregnancy weight which is still way tooo fat!! But I"m working on it and hoping to lose weight so I can try for a boy.

I'm doing my own thing which is basically a low cal low carb type thing.
2beautiful2Bfat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2008, 05:32 AM   #12  
MasterHarper

Hi 2beautiful - love the username. I think that applies to us all doesn't it?

You've done really well so far. Personally I would think a BMI of 19 would be a little too low - it's right at the bottom end of healthy. Maybe something more like 20 or 21? That would be a weight of between 128 and 134 for your height.

But of course it's up to you - you want something realistic, that you will be able to maintain. Were you always fluffy, or were you once that slim? If you have been that slim before then it will probably be easier for you to get back there and keep it off, whereas me, who was always fluffy, could never hope to maintain that kind of weight. I'd just be happy to be at the top end of healthy.
Old 02-05-2008, 10:21 AM   #13  
Yeah.....

S/C/G: 190/ticker/135

Height: 5'1''

Thanks Robsia for the welcome... so whats the topic of the day???
CapriPants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2008, 10:33 AM   #14  
Trying it again....

S/C/G: 237/237/145

can i join? i want to fell sexy again. I have 4 children and right now i'm at my pre-pregnant weight from baby #4 (who is 6 months old) and my daughter (child #3) will be 2 next month and my goal is to get to that pre-pregnant weight which will bypass child #2's pre-pregnant weight. I want to see that look in DH's eyes again. I lost almost 10 pounds in the last month and he started getting that look again but slowly faded when i gained a few pounds again. i even bought a red sexy dress to wear to a surprise dinner (i'm planning) for my hubby. i bought the dress alot smaller then what i can fit now but it's part of my "sexy" goal.
tkglenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2008, 10:50 AM   #15  
doinTHEbestIcan

Good Morning Ladies and thanks for the invite Robsia, I believe were old buddies from the 1lb down thread.

*edit*
I guess I should give a quick bio of myself:
My name is Jana, I'm 23, no kids, no BF, although I wish I had both, I've lost about 38lbs so far and have been slacking of lately. This past summer I got all the way down to 182 and everything in my closet was toooo big. Now I'm back at 190 and everything is fitting again! I'm so disappointed in myself because I was doing so good! I live alone and work 2 jobs, I have a wonderful yorkie-poo named 'Precious' whom I love to death! My world seems as if it going in circles right now because nothing is changing. I can't seem to get a good date to save my life!! I've been on so many bad dates lately it's unbelieveable!! I don't have many friends and the one I do have are all in relationships so I spend most of my free time at home w/Precious or with family. I have a major problem with falling off the wagon right at the point of success, it's like I see a lost and get happy and fall off. Well enough of that.

I've been doing pretty good this week, I started a new plan that I've made myself and it's going good.

I want be sexy for the summer!! It's not to late to start over and be right where I want to be by the time summer starts!

Thanks for starting a new group Robsia, my old one had kinda lost it's way.

Have a Great Day Ladies!!

Last edited by mrsgeb2; 02-05-2008 at 11:16 AM.
mrsgeb2 is offline   Reply With Quote