Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 05-19-2002, 12:04 PM   #1  
Empress/Queen

Smile Positives Only Affirmation Thread #2

Ever onward, guys! I think whoever suggested a special thread for positive thinking was on to something. It'd be neat to have a weight/fitness support group on here devoted only to posting daily POSITIVE ONLY reports and affirmations of how the eating and fitness is going. I believe I will post and see if anyone bites!

Yo! I felt moved to start a new thread and hope anyone on the board who feels moved to post good news and positive affirmations will post them here ... no need to stop and chat, though, that's great, too! We just need GOOD NEWS, GOOD NEWS, GOOD NEWS and more GOOD NEWS! Amen.

Ok, here is mine: I've been operating on the Pollyanna Principle for a few weeks now, e.g., that no matter how bad things are there is always something to be glad about. I have founded my own little Pollyanna League (in my head, anyway) dedicated to spreading this revolutionary philosophy (so what if Norman Vincent Peale thought of it first?). Anyone who posts here is a member of the Pollyanna League forever if they want to be! My Polly's Progress Report on the weight loss front is that I have DROPPED THREE WHOLE POUNDS this week (27 to go to my current goal). Couldn't have done it with POSITIVE THINKING!

Speaking of Norman V. Peale, he also said: "Become a possibilitarian. No matter how dark things seem to be or actually are, raise your sights and see possibilities—always see them, for they're always there."

I posted the above quote on the other thread, but it bears repeating.

Going to see how many smilies the system will bear today!

Last edited by Amarantha2; 05-19-2002 at 12:13 PM.
Old 05-19-2002, 04:03 PM   #2  

Default 2 more days till signing day......

Well 2 more days till signing day and I feel the stress building up.....I havent been doing the best I can on my plan but I have the feeling that as soon as we sign and move....I will feel so much more at ease that I will find dieting a breeze.....thats my positive thought for today......that I have faith that once the move is done.....I will be 100% OP and on my way to a healthier, happier me!!!

Take care all...LisaL
Old 05-20-2002, 01:40 AM   #3  
Empress/Queen

Thumbs down

Yo, Mom: I am 100 percent certain that you WILL feel more at ease and dieting and everything else WILL be a breeze after you sign and move, especially the signing. It's so symbolic, that's really what makes it feel stressful, IMO. But it's a joyous, if somewhat lengthy, ceremonial act denoting faith in the future and a desire to put down roots. So savor it, Mom, because you have earned it. If savoring is not an option, just look at a ceiling tile and sign when they tell you to!
Old 05-20-2002, 12:11 PM   #4  
Empress/Queen

Talking Good News!!!

Good news, good news, good news: Today is here and I can honestly report it is beautiful here. I've been up and about for a bit now, sitting on my front porch in the morning shade (it's the only time there is any) and carving a basswood parrot. I think I'll call her Pollyanna Parrot. I've been carving a lot this summer so far. Last summer it was tatting. I am glad I have so many ways to amuse myself with arts and crafts and am grateful to the universe for the relief they bring me from the desire to eat, eat, eat all the time. I had a blueberry bodybuilding pancake for breakfast, having added extra fiber and vitamin E in the form of wheat germ and extra protein in the form of skim milk powder. I ate it with a new 35-calorie per serving syrup I found made with Splenda. It's very acceptable.

Hope I don't sound like Shirley Temple singing: "On the good ship, Lollipop, it's a sweet trip into bed you'll hop and sail away, on the good ship Lollipop." Or, "Just around the corner, there's a rainbow in the sky, so let's have another cup of coffee and let's have another piece of pie."

Actually, I used to be a very cynical and negative person, but I've given it up as a way of life! It never got me anywhere, so who needs that, huh?

So if I sound too much like Shirley, well, she was cute!

Peace!
Old 05-20-2002, 01:09 PM   #5  

Default Hearth and home

Mom2, I've got a house-closing coming up soon, too. And your words about turning a new page in a new home resonate with me. I like to imagine what life will be like in my cozy little bungalow in town -- walking and biking in my new neighborhood, grilling fish and veggies on my new deck, trimming hedges and mowing grass, washing windows, filling my big new refrigerator with all kinds of yummy veggies and fish and other great stuff ....

And as we all know, we hit what we head for.
Old 05-20-2002, 03:06 PM   #6  

Hey everyone....tomorrow is the day and boy is it getting irritating....I want out of here more than of you can possibly know!!!

Crone.....wont your Pollyanna Parrot be a great reminder daily of your journey....you have been doing POSITIVELY wonderful since starting this new thread!!!...Keep up the great work!!!

Venus.....YOu sound just like me.....things that others find far from exciting...such as a back deck for grilling and a NEW big refrigerator......LOL....you and I are totally thrilled about them!!!!.....I can not wait to have a deck with a grill where I can be outside and not inside......and not making extra pots and pans to wash by using the grill.....and I get to go get my new frig with the side by side doors and water and ice on door.....LOL....my excitement for a while!!!...Good luck to you with your closing and move!!! I have a friend who lives in Jacksonville NC , he used to live in Enfiled NC and when I flew down to visit him I flew into Raleigh.....that is where your from right?

Anyhow....my positive for today is that tomorrow is the last day of being stressed out to the max......and then once the unpacking begins....I will be too busy to be bored and eat!!!

Take care all...Lisa
Old 05-21-2002, 09:40 AM   #7  

Default Bumping Us UP

Hey everyone...just wanted to bump us back up to the top...we were way to the bottom of the stock pile!

Post later...LisaL
Old 05-21-2002, 12:39 PM   #8  
Empress/Queen

Default Thanks ...

... for boosting us to the top o' the heap, Mom! Positive thinkers, like cream, always rise to surface, sooner or later. Congratulations on your last day of stress! And unpacking also burns lots of calories, so don't forget to have a special treat on signing day.

Venus Envy: I like your phrase: "We hit what we head for!" Your life in the cozy bunglalow in the new neighborhood sounds idyllic. I know it'll be everything you dream of and more.

Yesterday was my legal splurge day but it was quite controlled thanks to my new positive outlook. I KNEW I could enjoy the day and stay focused at the same time and I did.

"It is of practical value to learn to like yourself. Since you must spend so much time with yourself you might as well get some satisfaction out of the relationship." ~ Norman Vincent Peale
Old 05-21-2002, 12:56 PM   #9  
Empress/Queen

Default A song ...

Keeps running through my head as I pursue positive thinking in my weight loss journey and pursuit of a healthy life and ponder Norman V. Peale's words about becoming a possibilitarian:

"Impossible, for a plain yellow pumpkin to turn into a golden carriage! Impossible, for a plain country bumpkin and a prince to join in marriage! And for six white mice to turn into six white horses? Such fol-de-ral and fiddle-dee of course is ... impossible! But the world is full of zanies and fools, who refuse to listen to sensible rules, who refuse to listen to what sensible people say. And because these daft and bleary-eyed dolts, keep building up impossible hopes ... IMPOSSIBLE THINGS ARE HAPPENING EVERYDAY!

It's POSSIBLE, for a plain yellow pumpkin to turn into a golden carriage! It's POSSIBLE, for a plain country bumpkin and a prince to join in marriage!"
... La, la, la, etc. (From: Mary Rodger's Cinderella)

Last edited by Amarantha2; 05-21-2002 at 01:00 PM.
Old 05-21-2002, 01:34 PM   #10  
motivational guru wannabe

S/C/G: 205/205/185 by spring

Height: 5'4"

Wink

Crone, I just wanted to say that your wit and witticism are deeply enjoyed! Wish I was as poetic and full of prose as you are...but I am doing my own thing.

I was just thinking about the ugle duckling story, or even the way the splendid beauty of the butterflies' colored wings break free from the bonds of the constricting cocoon, showing the beauty that was hiding within. I am breaking out of my cocoon!!! AND WATCH OUT WORLD! I AM READY TO SHOW MY WINGS FOR A CHANGE!!!

I bet there are a lot of beautiful butterflies out there just waiting to break free!

Boating
Old 05-21-2002, 03:59 PM   #11  
Empress/Queen

Smile

"AND WATCH OUT WORLD! I AM READY TO SHOW MY WINGS FOR A CHANGE!!! ~ Boatingmommy

Go for it, Boatingmommy!

I'm ready to show mine, too!

Thanks!

Old 05-22-2002, 07:28 AM   #12  

Well It's Official....we are now homeowners!!!!
We signed yesterday afternoon...yahoooooooo!!!

I went over to the house to pick out the new colors I wanted to paint the kitchen and the boys room....I ended up getting a "rice cake" paint for the boys room.....sort of looks like an offwhite with a slight tinge of pink....but it matches the white in their bedding sets.....lol....and I got a light sage green for my kitchen.....gonna go over today and begin moving and painting...and cleaning.....!!!

So, today my positive thought is this....Today truly is the new day to a new beginning and a new home!!! I can now unbutton my pants and take a deep breathe and get back to myself soon!!!!

Have a great day all...LisaL
Old 05-22-2002, 11:41 AM   #13  

Default Eleven days to 26.2 miles ...

I love this thread. I love the Pollyanna tone and the good news and the sheer will and grins evident in the posts.

Viva la positive!

(( (( (( congrats! )) )) )) MomTo on the new home!! The queen of all she surveys ...
Old 05-22-2002, 12:45 PM   #14  

Hey gang...I feel truly wonderful today....even if I dont follow plan 100%...I havent felt this relaxed in a long time.....now the fun begins of redoing a new home ... I am so excited I cant stand being here at this apt.....but since my car is out of commission at the moment....I am stuck here until Brent gets out of work!!!!...We will go over tonight and take some boxes over and begin painting...yahoooo.....never before have I been excited to unpack....but check back with me Friday...I am sure I will be SICK of unpacking....LOL....and ready for SHOPPING.....LOL.....thats what I look forward to most....going and buying new things for the home......yeeeehaaaaa

So, as you can see....my attitude is a bit more relaxed today and I just have that..." I DON'T CARE"...attitude about me.....LOL.....

Talk later....LisaL
Old 05-22-2002, 03:49 PM   #15  
Empress/Queen

Smile Yo!

"Things look good, things look great, gonna have the whole world on a plate ..." ~ sung in best Ethel Merman voice and I don't know who wrote it or what Broadway musical it is from but it's from one!

It's a great and unseasonably cool day here so I've been carving on the front porch all morning and dipping things in Minwax. My parrot turned into an eagle, but that's just how it goes sometimes. Eagles are fantastic, anyway!

My fitness and eating are on track. Metabolism wanted to taper off to a crawl this a.m., but I reminded it we had stuff to do. I KNOW I'll have a loss on my friend, The Scale, this week. If not, I can deal with that, too.

TO MOM, THE HOMEOWNER: CONGRATULATIONS! You survived and prospered and now you can go SHOPPING! What could be better?

TO POLLYANNA VENUS ENVY: Viva La Positive, indeed! Positive Thinking Rules! "Laugh and the world laughs with you, cry and you cry alone!" (Or binge and you binge alone, in my case)! Have a great day VE!

I have to go because I have Minwax on my hands. It's dry but it doesn't come off. I think I need to use gloves when I do this.

How many smilies?

Closed Thread