Old 02-18-2008, 06:29 PM   #1  
The Radiant One

S/C/G: 250/142/135

Height: 5'2"

Default What's one of the worst food things you have done?

I was just thinking about how much my life has changed and some of the horrible things I did to my poor body.

This kind of goes with the bingeing *and* secretive food eating.
I used to have a big sugar addiction (well, I guess I still have it, but it is under better control). Anything refined or white - I ate it, a lot of it. One of my favorite cereals was Cinnamon Toast Crunch. We had just gone grocery shopping, and then DH went to work. Well, I had to have a bowl of cereal, of course - in the middle of the afternoon. That bowl turned into 2, then 3. I realized I had eaten 3/4 of the box.
I was mortified that DH would see that, so I went out and bought a new box of cereal - and then proceeded to eat the rest of the first, then went to the dumpster to hide the box. This was years ago, and I still feel so shameful about it. Finally decided I needed to come clean and admit it to someone!
fiberlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2008, 06:39 PM   #2  
Strong on the inside

S/C/G: 197/197/145 HW: 233

Height: 5'4"

I've done similar things, Lori. I knew that my eating habits had gotten out of hand when I realized that I was eating secretively. I was embarrassed enough about the amount that I'd just eaten that I'd want to rush back to the store to buy replacements and then quickly take out the garbage to destroy the evidence.... That's when I knew there was a big problem... I feel shameful, too.
aerotigergirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2008, 07:01 PM   #3  
One life, live it well

S/C/G: 304|ticker|160

Height: 5'6½

Binging in front of my 2 young daughters. I don't think they knew what was going on, but it was breaking one of my 20 year old binging rules to ever binge in front of someone else. And it was a blessing I suppose. It made me sad enough to finally commit to breaking my addition to food. This was in November of last year. We baked cookies during the day and when the girls told DH after he got home that we had made cookies that day, I lied (like most people with an addiction have done). I told him "We only made 1 sheet", when in fact there had been 3 dozen cookies. This still makes me very sad. DH knows my secret now.
Nori71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2008, 07:14 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 236/221/136

Height: 5'7

I also have doen stuff liek this! I really thought I was the only one especially eating en entire box of cereal and then replacing it that was so me!! Thanks for this thread it reminds me I'm not alone!
2beautiful2Bfat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2008, 07:14 PM   #5  
Meowsah

S/C/G: 317/239.4/150

Height: 5'6"

I never did much to hide it, but once I came home with those Mama Rosa 2 packs of pizza. You know the ones that one pizza is supposed to feed several people? Well ate them both, and in one sitting. When I realized what I'd actually just consumed it was really embarrassing and depressing.
Noelani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2008, 07:29 PM   #6  
agility-nut

S/C/G: 258/see ticker/170

Height: 5'9

I used to eat all the choclate ( a couple of lbs worth) after DH went to bed and replace it the next day. Choclate is probalby my biggest emeny.
Janis427 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2008, 07:30 PM   #7  
A loser losing happily

S/C/G: 280/ticker/180

Height: 5'6

Yeah I have done similar things. I ate an entire pack of double stuffed oreo cookies in a night while writing papers for finals. I also ate 2 dozen chicken wings in a sitting, and washed it down with a large glass of soda and some bread and butter. (I know its gross, but it is something that I have done).
Tavinni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2008, 07:33 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 278/see ticker/168

Height: 5'6"

I have had a real problem.

I used to eat a full lunch (2 french bread pizzas with coke was common), and then leave a half hour early to get my kids from school so I could go through the McDonalds drive thru and get a Big Mac MEAL and eat that... at 2:30pm...as a snack. I'd throw out the trash before I icked them up. "What's that french fry smell, mommy?" "HUH? What french fry smell?" And then I had the nerve to eat a full dinner.

While my kids were at school I would bake a recipe of choc chip cookies, eat them all and then wash up the kitchen before they got home.

I would take a tube of refrigerator biscuits, flatten them and deep fry them, roll them in cinnamon sugar and spread them with honey butter and eat them. ALL.

I would buy several candy bars, hide them, and when DH went out on an errand I would eat them. ALL.

I would tell my kids to save some pizza "for their little sister" and then eat it myself.

I would wait until my kids were asleep and then sneak into their rooms and TAKE candy out of their Trick Or Treat bags or Easter baskets.

All these things show that it was a *real problem*... because they are things I am ashamed I did, and not in my character. Thankfully I have stopped this kind of behavior. Sometimes I overeat or eat junk, but I don't do that crazy stuff anymore.
Lyn2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2008, 07:43 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 251/190/175

Height: 5'10

Gosh all of your posts sound just like me! My best friend and I used to have a tradition for our birthday we'd make lasanga and cheesecake. Well, we had good intentions. We'd start with just one piece for each of us. By the end of the evening we had litterally split the entire lasagna and cheese cake and would consume them by that evening. Gosh I'm so ashamed thinking about it, sometimes it's just like my belly is a bottomless pit! BTW we don't do birthday dinners anymore!

Last edited by vealcalf2000; 02-18-2008 at 07:43 PM.
vealcalf2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2008, 07:45 PM   #10  

Location: I live in far west Texas - and I love that good ol' southern hospitality and good ol' southern food!

S/C/G: 255/227.4/150

Height: 5'7"

I can remember doing this kind of secret eating when I was a skinny little kid....why???? What starts that kind of behavior? I am thankful I found this site and The Daily Plate! I haven't eaten a whole Pepperidge Farm Cake since!
chunkydunkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2008, 07:46 PM   #11  
Hi From Canada, eh?

S/C/G: check the ticker :)

Height: 5'8

I never bothered to hide it, somehow I think I "deserved" to eat whatever the **** I wanted?! Soooo weird!!! I was never one to eat an entire cake in one sitting or something like that..no no, mine was a constant stream.... no breakfast...take out for lunch, hit mcdonald's for dinner, dairy queen for a blizzard for dessert, home and have a nap, then up and have a nice dinner....clean up..park myself in front of the tv by about 7:30 and til 12 or so, a nice steady stream...maybe a few scoops of ice cream...then a chocolate bar...then some coke & chips... oh yah, that's normal OMG!!!! I feel absolutely sick when I think of the amount over a course of a day I could put away! amazing!
Trazey34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2008, 07:48 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 251/190/175

Height: 5'10

Quote:
Originally Posted by chunkydunkin View Post
I can remember doing this kind of secret eating when I was a skinny little kid....why???? What starts that kind of behavior? I am thankful I found this site and The Daily Plate! I haven't eaten a whole Pepperidge Farm Cake since!
OMG I used to love those cakes! Coconut was my favorite. Unfortunately me eating an entire one was pretty normal. I convinced myself they were just SO small it couldn't be THAT bad! WRONG!!
vealcalf2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2008, 08:04 PM   #13  
keep on truckin'

S/C/G: 253/249/190

Height: 6'1

yeah I used to have a really bad problem too...

One time I visited my aunt and she took a long time making a HUGE bag of homemade kettle corn for me, her husband, and her. We all ate a little bit. Then once they went to bed, I ate tons of it. I was so full, but then I looked at the bag and there was only a little bit left. I though "Wow, I am really full but there is only a little bit left, I might as well finish it". I remember being SO embarrassed the next day when her husband was yelling about how he couldn't believe the whole bag was gone.

Just this last Halloween I would have about 8 pieces of candy as a "snack" several times a day. My roommate and I would also make huge pans of rice krispy treats and finish them in about 2 hours. We would also make huge pans of eggplant parmigiana and finish the whole thing.

I am really glad to be doing this because my sugar kick was so extensive...I could have easily gotten diabetes!!
vdaybaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2008, 08:28 PM   #14  
M.S. + living balance

S/C/G: 325/200's/199

Height: 5'10"

I was all about the holiday candy - so on Halloween I'd go to superstore or walmart and buy the biggest bag of mini chocolate candy bars I could find.. but I wouldnt really share it. I'd usually put it in a dresser drawer and grab a couple at a time.

At Easter (and leading up to) I'd buy a family pack size of mini eggs and do the same thing - keep them for myself.

Then there's the Christmas treats.. and birthday treats.. Thanksgiving.. other people's birthdays. It was all about the holidays. but I was defintly on track for diabetes too.
valpal23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2008, 08:30 PM   #15  

Height: 5'8"

Wow. What a great thread. I have to say that I would occasionally hide things I was eating (maybe one candy bar or a 99c bag of chips) - but I have nothing on some of you. (of course, I need to lose around 100 pounds so maybe I hid thing more than I thought... )

It really makes me appreciate you all even more - how difficult that must have been to go through and even more difficult to give up!

Last edited by Tonia; 02-18-2008 at 08:32 PM.
Tonia is offline   Reply With Quote