Old 02-18-2008, 12:13 AM   #1  
gonna win the thin!

S/C/G: 270/see ticker/160

Height: 5 feet 5 inches

Default acountibility/ menus/ planning week of feb 17-feb 23

welcome! do you need acountibility? a place to put your menus? support? this is the place for you! together we can do this!
math puppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2008, 12:16 AM   #2  
gonna win the thin!

note: i couldn't for the life of me, find the current thread for accountibility so i just started a current one! hope im not stepping on anyones toes!

how has my day been? oh, why i would love to tell you!
i didnt do too terrible yesterday, was on the upper side of my cal limit like trisaratops, but at least there was no over eating! today is good too, but i dont have the energy to get any exercise in today. i think i just about passed my weekend challange so long as there is now binging tonight!

this last week really had me in a headlock, but now i feel hopful again. thanx guys.

xtrisarahtops-sorry bout your knee feel better soon. let your dogs lavish you with thier magick doggie kisses, i swear they have healing properties
mj-lol " ahhh maybe we can get a little closer to normal (whatever that is)around here"
bigtexmomma- 365! you go!
girlygirl-good planning on dinner, sound like applebees came through for you. wow day 4 already?!

im going to bed now, see all you later
Old 02-18-2008, 06:59 AM   #3  
mj5

S/C/G: 299/see ticker/140

Height: 5'4''

Good Morning! Ok, it's official...I rsvp'd for my reunion....I know it's pretty cliche, but that is my new incentive! My plan is to get in 6 days a week of exercise, healthy food choices, and lots of water. I know I can do this! I don't just want to lose weight, I want to be healthier!

Rhonda--Great job! wow, what an eye opener w/ your favorite restaurants...great job doing your homework! The reunion is either July or Aug...hasn't been picked yet...

Beverlyjoy--Wow, when it rains, it pours! How are you feeling today?

Sara--Wow, lots of dogs at your house! Oh, your poor knee!!!

mathpuppy-Thanks for starting us off! Great job!

Good news--my knee feels better! No great, but better. I am going to call the ortho (just like I promised) and get an appt for my f/up. I am going to go to the gym tonight and I will take it easy. I have packed my lunch and am making a chicken stir fry w/ lots of veggies and brown rice for dinner.

Gotta finish getting ready for work.

Have a great day!
mj5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2008, 07:10 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 257/219/145

mj--glad the knee feels better, hope you still take it easy until you are sure it is good to go. Your stir fry and rice sounds so yummy

I feel really good this morning. Yesterday I felt everything just clicked again. I'm back in that zone where everything seems so easy and I just do it all on automatic pilot. I love these periods, but now that I know they always pass into those other periods where I have to struggle to do every little thing, I will be more appreciative of these easy days. I can't wait for Jillian to kill me this morning even though I am sore from yesterday in the legs.

I hope everyone has a very good day, and that all our boo boos give us some relief, and that no temptations fall into our path. Remember--there is no temptation we cannot overcome. Just put your heads into one day at a time girls...and we will get through it!
Purplefirefly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2008, 07:44 AM   #5  

MGoodmorning all you sound like your both on top of your game good for you. I am trying to get in at least 4 workouts this week. I started yesterday with the sunday a.m. workout which I totally like not too many at the gym etc. Now I ate within my cals yesterday which was a bonus. So if I can just keep up this nice start for the week it will be nice. I would also like the autopilot mood to keep me motivated in my routine without thinking just do the right things. Well take care girls and hope your week remains positive.

Last edited by cckayac; 02-18-2008 at 07:45 AM.
cckayac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2008, 08:26 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

Height: 5'4"

Hi chicks, here's today:
Here's today for me:

B - 2 poached eggs over spinach, Canadian bacon, V8, coffee with milk
S - string cheese
L - Roasted Red Pepper Soup, triscuits with chicken salad
S - latte, apple
D - Lean ground beef patty, Steamed green beans
S - Greek yogurt with agave nectar and almonds

The weekend was pretty good. Saturday I was completely on-plan, and Sunday I mostly was, except I had allowed for 2 cups of popcorn while watching a movie with the kids, but it turned out 2 cups was really not much and I ate more, probably 3 - 4 cups. That's a new experiment for me, I have been staying away from popcorn up until now.

mj, it may be cliche, but it's powerful motivation! Mmmm, stir fry is my favorite!
Great way to get through the weekend mathpuppy!
Purple, I'm so glad you're back in the zone. Mind giving me a hand? I'd love to climb back up there with you!
Have a great week, cckayac!

Gonna go take some Tylenol for my backache and do the WATP DVD. I hope some stretching will help! I don't feel like I slept well last night, even though I didn't wake, I think I had lots of crazy dreams and tossing and turning.
Schmoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2008, 09:15 AM   #7  
Former Quitter

S/C/G: 310/310/180

Height: 5'7

Good morning, Accountability Friends! Math, thanks for starting things up for us around here. Sounds like everyone is on fire and ready to make this a great on-plan week.

I had my third weekly loss in a row today. I lost 1.4 pounds. I'd like to kick that number up a notch for next week's weigh-in and I know of only one way to do that.....sweat! The kids are out of school this week and I'm able to sleep-in which means I'm well rested. No excuses! I will be on the treadmill today. Plus, I need to start getting myself ready to begin the C25K on the 1st.

Today is my first day in my new department...with my new boss. I need to keep this short and sweet. I'll be back later today for personals...and to report on my exercise!

Hope everyone has a great on-plan day.
GirlyGirlSebas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2008, 12:26 PM   #8  
IncredibleShrinkingWoman

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'11"

Good morning and happy President's day! We got our President tree out last night and had fun singing patriotic carols all evening. Haha just kidding. =D That would be funny, though.

So anyway. I'm all energized. Going to do full workout today. We have to do some grocery shopping and other errands.

Food:
B: 2 eggs & 3 small Gimme Lean sausage patties, coffee, water
L: Tuna & garbanzo salad with red cabbage slaw
D: hmm dunno yet

Exercise:
Strength, WATP, Biggest Loser

I didn't do much exercise yesterday, except we went to a museum and walked a bunch. Then I had to carry DD about 3/4 of a mile to our car. THAT definitely gave me a workout.

I need to drink more water today. I feel kind of dehydrated, even though I drank a lot of water last night. I almost binged last night because DH was being a turd. But then I watched a movie and drank tea instead, and sobbed through most of the movie because it was sooooo sad (Away From Her -- about an older man who has to put his wife into a facility for Alzheimer's patients.).

math, it sounds like you had a good weekend!

mj5, ooooo reunion time!!! I don't think there is a better incentive, really. =D Take it easy on your knee, tho!

Purple, thank you for describing that period when you're on auto pilot. I totally know what you mean, and I really never thought about it as a period.

cc, good job!

Schmoodle, I love popcorn. I can't wait to fit it into my plan again in a few weeks. That's awesome you had a fully on plan weekend.

Grats on your loss, Rhonda!!! =D Hope you have a good day in your new department! I can't wait til you start C25K to see how it goes!

Last edited by bigtxmomma; 02-18-2008 at 09:12 PM.
bigtxmomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2008, 12:57 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 271/219/healthy

Height: 5'4 1/2"

Hi folks!!! I have been busy and haven't had time to do the personals for a few days.

Last week I was really struggling....I had two binges and overate one evening. This isn't good. I sat down and thought about why is this happening....I think maybe it's a culmination of frustsration over health issues. I felt physical pain in my foot and back, the meds were giving me a tummy ache and I felt like..enough is enough. My usual MO is to head into the food...and I did that several times. Thankfully, today I feel better - I've planned for a healthy day. I am going to not just keep count of my calories...I'll go back to the old way...calories, fats, sat. fats, carbs, cholesterol. It makes it real to me. Hopefully, that will help.

I got my foot wrapped by the doc and I'll try to keep a positive outlook. I'll try to ease into my foot and ankle brace. Good grief!! I just want to feel good!!!

My plans for today:

storytelling with the seniors this am
journal food and food values
journal feelings
PMA -positive mental attitude
stretches
ice and heat

breakfast - lf cheese on ww toast, 1/2 banana, 1t. natural pnb
lunch - egg white & lf cheese scramble, cauliflower, brown rice
snack - yogurt, flax, crackers
dinner - french toast, turkey baken, sf syrup, veggie
snack - cherrios, fruit, milk

Math - so glad you started the accountibilty thread!! Glad to hear you had no overeating. That's great. Top of the calorie range is OK...that's why we have a range. Being hopeful is so good...glad to hear it.

Mj5 - reunion...Fun! It's a good incentive, yes. You have a good plan today and I am so glad to hear that your knee is feeling a bit better.

Purple - It's wonderful you are in the good "zone"...I love when that happens. I love you PMA today too!!

cckayac - good plan for today. Four workouts this week sounds like a good amount and doable. Good job with the calories!

schmoodle - I think we need to experiment with different foods we like..to see if we can fit them in our plan. Just count in what you ate and carry on! Hope your back feels better.

Rhonda - Hip Hip Hooray on your weight loss! Good luck today...hope your first day in your new position goes well. Tell us about it if you have a chance.

Texmama - tell me about your President's tree. Sound very, very cool!! Walking IS excercise...it counts!!

I hope you all have a GREAT day.

Last edited by Beverlyjoy; 02-18-2008 at 01:14 PM.
Beverlyjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2008, 02:34 PM   #10  
mj5

Hi everyone! So far, so good today. I was really getting hungry before lunch and rather than reaching for the snacks I had a cup of tea. I still have some of my lunch left, so I'll have a little snack before I head to the gym, so I won't be starving when I get home.

Purple--I am so glad everything 'clicked' Love when that happens! Me too! Oh, don't worry, I won't push too hard, it will be nice to get back into a routine, though!

cckayac--Great plan!

Schmoodle--Great job!

Rhonda--Three weeks in a row, that's great! How did the first day go?

bigtxmomma--Sounds like a great plan!

Beverlyjoy--Good for you!!! I know you can do this!
Old 02-18-2008, 02:38 PM   #11  
mj5

oh, I almost forgot...I did weigh in today....stayed the same again. It's ok, though. No exercise at all last week, so I didn't expect to lose. I didn't gain and that is the good news!
Old 02-18-2008, 07:33 PM   #12  
baby steps

S/C/G: 285/285/healthy!

Height: 5'9"

Well, today was crappy in my neck of the woods.

Basically, my town got blown off the map. The refinery, which is basically the only thing there is here, exploded this morning. Thankfully, only 40 employees out of the normal 200+ were working today because of the holiday, and there were only 5 injuries reported, but getting rocked out of bed at 8 AM feeling like you're in the middle of an earthquake starts your day off rather badly.

I got my MRI results this afternoon, and I did a lot more damage than I had thought originally. I'm back to the full knee brace for 8 weeks, and I've been told absolutely no weight-bearing movement for awhile. Sucks, but I don't want to make this worse.

I have to be 100% on target with my food and water right now, no excuses. I can't just cheat here and there and sweat it off. I have to get into gear!
xtrisaratops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2008, 08:34 PM   #13  
IncredibleShrinkingWoman

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'11"

Beverly, that was really good to take time to think about what's causing the urge to binge. And feeling miserable and in pain will do it. =/ It's so freekin' hard to keep going during those low moments, but you made it through. =D And I was just joking about the President's Day tree. Cuz I was sitting there thinking, "Wow, does anyone do anything for Prez day?" I seriously should get a tree with little ornaments of all the prez heads. That would be pretty rad.

mj5, yay for tea!! That's awesome your scale stayed the same. =D That really is good. You should be proud of yourself for being able to maintain.

xtrisara, wow, that sucks about the refinery. So lucky it happened on a holiday. =( And I'm sorry about your knee, but glad it's braced up. I remember you working your butt off with WATP just a few days ago. Can you do stuff sitting in a chair, like doing upper body strength stuff? You could get some wicked biceps. lol

I had a good day today. I exercised a whole bunch, and stayed on plan food wise. I finished the evening with 1.5 bowls of lentil soup w/ a ton of veggies. I don't know what it is about soup that is sooooo good and soothing. And it's so filling. Even though DD and DH ate sandwiches, I was pretty content just to have the soup. SO I'm feeling really good right now. Until I get the munchies around 10. =/ Oh well.
bigtxmomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2008, 08:47 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 257/219/145

Beverly, it has to be incredibly hard to stay on plan when you have so much going on and feel so much pain. I don't know that I could do it, so you are holding it together very well. We all slip up sometimes, it just gets too much and we are human. Try not to be real hard on yourself. We have to understand ourselves, give some love followed by a kick and get back to it. I wish I could somehow take some of that pain away.

Sara, wow! I have never experienced anything like that...must have been scary. Sorry about the damage in the knee...you should think about doing some stuff in a chair, just prop it up maybe so you don't rely on it any.

mj, how did it go at the gym today?

txmomma--I was so glad to read you are joking I was shaking my head thinking "what kind of whacky nut is this lady?" How did you do with water and the exercise today?

Rhonda yay for the loss!

Schmoodle, sending you some major : Come on, you can make it back to the easy days, they are always right around the corner even if it is a long winding corner.

cckayac, did you stay on plan today? 4 workouts in a week is totally reasonable. Just don't let yourself off the hook..it's not that you want to do it, you WILL do it.
Purplefirefly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008, 01:28 AM   #15  
gonna win the thin!

hey gang!
im haveing a good day today, i think i just got through my rough patch! this is the first time i didnt give up afte a series of set back! im so proud of myself and thankful for all the support i get her! yay!

im really hungry right now and cant wait for dinner but my plan is to not go over my cal plan. i know i can do it now!

mj-reunion is a good insentive my guilty admitance is that i have this fantisy of looking fabulous the next time i see the heart throb i had a crush on in college. i dont see her often (last summer) but we talk on line and i know well see eachother eventually... so if your cheesy your not the only one! :loglal:

purple- jillian is your trainer? i bet that helps alot! isnt the zone great i think im heading that way now!

cckayac-glad you met your goals! have a good week!

schmoodle- glad you had a good weekend, i thought you and tried to send you any spare willpower you might need!

girlygirl-congrats! thats so great! good luck with all the new job/boss/deparment! tell us how you like it.

bigtxmomma you crack me up! prez day indeed! sorry you had a bad night and im glad you didnt use food to help you through it. im proud of you for finding other methods

beverly- it happens, especial under stress! dont be to hard on yourself the important thing is you are not giving up and your being accountable. you'll be back on track in no time!

saratops- woah! glad your house is still standing! too bad about the knee...can u do sit ups?

karah- great job with the tuna sandwich! that is some reall will power! you can call me if you need to be "talked down" anytime!!

night guys! im off to a op dinner