Closed Thread

Old 05-20-2002, 11:20 AM   #1  
Trying to find my way.

S/C/G: 244/220/145

Height: 5'2''

Default #29 Let's Get Off this Fat CAN!!! (Low Carb)

Well Pam it sure is wonderful to see you agian. I know it was not that long but it seems like many of us are being distracted from our selves nad falling to either temptation or not being able to feel good with our selves.

So that is what the topic of this tread is about. Thanks for my yesterdays resolve and Melody's "vacation"

I went out yesterday and bought me a 2 piece swim suit. It is way to small and i look really bad in it but I am going to fit into it for the summer.

So Melody I have my suit for the BFL challenge >>> hint hint hint

lets get off our fat butt and move it all of us. Pat, Dana, Lee, Terri where are you guys??? pam and melody and i are going to be driving the buss like maniacs join in when you are ready. I will say that i have been haning in there by a thread but when i got o the scale and saw that in the last 2 months i have gained 20 lbs!!! yes i did say 20 lbs I am up to 188 this morning. I can not believe it. I am so disgusted with my self. I am back Op with a vegence. I willbe needing all the help i can get and when i get rolling forgive me if i get a bit carried away cuz when i get going i will carry you all with me as i tend to get carried away with the ball rolling!!!

So here goes this fatt butt is moving!!!!
Old 05-21-2002, 03:20 AM   #2  
gbo

Don't let it throw you Sue Bee,it has happened to us all at one time or another. It just means it is time to grab hold of yourself. I am as swollen as I can be as Tom has moved in for the fourth time in the past 30 days! GUess I really have to get these things seen to. Surgery can not be avoided for much longer!I really need to lose a few more pounds but not many. My Sister left on Sunday and was delighted that I had lost so much weight which doesn't seem like much to me but she saw it in an instant! My Aunt and cousin I had not seen in over 25 years and it was a pure joy. My Uncle is not long for this world and I cried when I saw his picture. I have always loved them so. How many years past and wasted as we all scattered to the wind. Auntie and I hug each others neck and cried a little. I cooked wonderful foods for them while they were here. Something I had never had a chance to do before and took great pleasure in it. I ran around all over this three acres until Tom. In three more days I should be my new normal self which is totally different than before. I was not op but I am back in full stream so watch out all I am on the move!!!!!!!
Pam
Old 05-21-2002, 06:17 AM   #3  
Work in Progress

hi all,
I am here. Lurked a couple of times. Holding my own food and water wise. Haven't been exercising. Just house hunting, I am with you all.

Thank god for all of you. I haven't lost hope am just scattered.
Old 05-23-2002, 02:18 AM   #4  
gbo

Pat, House hunting is hard work as well I know! I must have been in hundreds before I bought this one. Upstairs , around the inside, outside, and area. So many hubby saw alone. It is very important to find not only what you need but what makes you happy as we usually live in our homes a very long time. There is so much to consider. So , it is no wonder you get distracted. This path takes a good deal of concentration too. Maintain babe, maintain.Good luck I hope you find something wonderful that makes you really happy.
Pam
Old 05-23-2002, 11:20 AM   #5  
Muscle Mommy

S/C/G: 228/209/155

Height: 5'9

Hello everyone...Life is really hard for me right now....BF is drinking again, and we had a reallly REALLY bad fight last night. I don't know what to do I am at my wits end with him, and I do not want to live like this. In Feb. when we bought the house and moved in together he had been sober for a year...now he is drinking again. I just wish I had the answers. I told him today to decide whether he is going to get sober or not, and if he's not I am leaving him. I can't live like that anymore.

I am ready to start that BFL challenge any time you are Sue. How about Monday June 3rd. That will give me time to get all my stuff together, and then go for it. I am hoping to get exercise a part of my habits this summer, so that I will keep it up when I get back to school in August. Isn't crazy how easily you can become distrated by life, and forget what you truly want??? I am going to have to do alot of soul searching...

Pam I am glad your family's visit went well...Fralick...I missed your constant presence...there for a while you were the glue that held us all together....Anyone heard from Dana?? I will type at ya tomorrow! HAve a lovely day!
Old 05-24-2002, 12:58 AM   #6  
gbo

Melody, I know your pain. I too have lived that. It was my first marriage in fact and I was a tender 15 at the time. After 4 years of marriage I left. It was scary and I was afraid but it was the best thing I ever did. He to had stopped for a long time but once he started again it escalated, ntil one night I called my Mom and told her to call me in the morning. If ....I said, he does not put me on the phone call the police, he will have killed me. Poor Mom that must have been the night from **** for her. It certainly was for me. two days later with the clothes on my back and my cat in my arms I left. I went to a friend , they didn't have shelters then. I would have stayed in a hen house. I called my parents and went home for a while. A week later I had my own place and a decent job. Not great but enough. Do what you have to do and don't help him to be sick by making excuses for him I tried that and it doesn't work. I was only making it worse. You have children to think of and the booze and the fighting leaves a permenant mark on their lives forever. For your sake and for your childrens lives do what you must to raise them without that influence on their lives. There are many place to turn to now and you can do it. I know how it hurts but it isn't just your nightmare it is your childrens too. A peaceful happy home is the best gift you could give them for good healthy lives. Good luck and God Bless.
Pam
Old 05-24-2002, 04:08 PM   #7  
Trying to find my way.

My life has been a congfues mess. Last night I had my purse stolen from my car. that was a great topping to my week!!! UGH!!! What makes things worse was that i had been given a check from my mother to help me out for the rest of the month. Now i am in a bit of a quandry!!! the check has been canceled and well life is being a bit grumpy this last week. so i am so ready to get back control over my life!!! I do not like this out of control business. I did not have much stolen but it is the fact of repalcing everything!!!

well I just want to say that with the know in my stomach i do not thhink i will be off plan in a while!!!! (except for the sunday i just had to have today!!!)
Old 05-25-2002, 12:27 AM   #8  
gbo

Sue Bee Darlin... , having control of life is our greatest illusion and the one we battle about the most trying to keep control of. In truth the only thing we really have control of is us and how we react to life. Control of ourselves is a major huge job as it is , let alone control our lives and those in it. So relax. It is a bumpy part of lifes path. God knows we all have those bumps and mountains. You are my champion and will make it through smelling like a rose when it is all said and done. It is so sad that someone felt like they had to take what you had rather than knowing they could do it for themselves but there are a lot of hopeless desperate people in the world without the self confidence to know they can find their own ways to get what they want in a good and positive way. You on the other hand have just stumbled on such a circumstance. It is a pain but thank God you are not in such a state of mind. How lucky we are!
Pam
Old 05-25-2002, 06:20 PM   #9  
Trying to find my way.

I just realized that my doughters concert tickets were in there. It was bad but bearable to think that some one took my purse and my personal stuff. thinking that everything was replacable. but then i found out that they were taken and OMG that was it My DD idolizes this band and well lets just say that telling her was not easy. I have contacted ticket master and we will get them replaced, and the check is on it;'s way froom my mom.

I am still off plan but it is a m,ore controled off plan. I am going to do things a bit different, as when i fall i tend to fall hard, so i will have to make things a bit more controled for me. I am working on it but i will do it. I have incentive. I have my new bathing suit and i feel so out of control right now. I an regaining control and feeling better but i still need to have that last bit under my belt here!!!! So girls get ready cuz here i come. I will be having a picnic on monday with some off plan eating but things will be undercontol!!!!
Old 05-26-2002, 06:35 AM   #10  
Work in Progress

Well I guess I need to send hugs all around!

Sue, I am so sorry about your purse> You sure seem to be faced with alot to handle lately. It is so frustrating.

Melody, I am so sorry that this is happened to you. But your prioroty is the safety of you and your children. It isn't easy and I am sorry you have to go through this.

Pam you go girl!!! That is awesome and inspriring.
Dana I miss you, and wish you were here.

Terry how are things with you?

Lee?

I think I am missing someone. UGH

Well I am still here. House hunting fool. My goal is getting back on track this week. I so wanted to head into summer in teh 100's. But maybe I'll use the summer to get there!

Have a great holiday
Old 05-26-2002, 11:20 PM   #11  
gbo

Oh Sue Bee!!!!!! I know that was hard to tell your daughter!
You are handling things well despiye the mountains and I am so glad they will replace the tickets! Life can be a beach sometimes.
Sand like hot rocks amd water with jelly fish stinging. Hang tough
Babe, much better days ahead!!!!!!!!

Pat Honey, House hunting can be as much exercise as a gym! Don't worry we all have our down times when it comes to dieting but you can do it. I will be cheering for you. That creates a scary picture....LOL

Melody ...... You and your family are in my prayers. I send you all my love and support. We are behind you all the way. Take careand God Bless.

Lee....... Hope you are feeling a bit better, Take your meds my sweet and know You are daily in my prayers. Up from the ashes came the phoenix in all its glory and so will you. God Bless you.
Pam
Old 05-27-2002, 07:19 AM   #12  
Work in Progress

Good Morning all, And happy Memorial Day!
I hope everyone has plans to enjoy today and teh weatehr to sxupport it.
This is to be my last Off Plan day/momment. I was very bad yesterday and have just polished off girlscouit cookies for breakfast. Am I out of control or waht?
Plan on working outside and drinking water all day. Spent yesterday with my siblings, 3 sisters who weren't ever fat. That should motivate someone to do something you would think. And one of my brothers. There are 6 of us total. Family is a funny thing.

I was thinking how lapse I have become and how easy the old way of eating slips back in when you are focused on other things. How easy it is to let things beside yourself become more important. My husband to has reagined some of the weight. I thank god am holdin teh 230 mark! WE are celebrting my dad's 65th birthday this August and I would like to be comfortably in a size 20 by then. A nice summer frock. I have always wanted to get a family protrait done but have always shied away from teh reality that pictures bring. That would be nice.

House hunting sucks

So Ia am thinking of bringing teh weekly challenge back. We will only have 4 days this week. Can't hurt and I really need to focus!

Hopee all is better for everyone.

I think of you all alot we have been through so much together and that is imporatnt!
Old 05-28-2002, 06:25 PM   #13  
Trying to find my way.

I am here today I am OP. atleast so far. I have to run to give my class I hope that I am not the only one there today. One of the guys are off on vacation, and the gal did not come last week. but there should be one there, but she is so straped that i do not think she can pay. I am willing to continue to do her for free, if she shows some success. so today will be a challenge for her. this will be week 3 for here and we did not weigh in on the first week. I had not expected anyone so i did not bring my scale.

well I will be on later but just wanted to let eeryone know I am here and thinking of all of you. Melody especially!!!! my heart is there for you. Pat how is day 1 for you??? Pam my hero!!! how are you doing??? I have so much respect for you and your ability to say the right thing!!! Lee?? are you with us??Terri???

Dana?? you got us started where are you??? We all are sturguling heer and even if you do not feel to have enugh to spread come and recieve from us. we all miss you. we feel like a piece is missing here!!!

My spirits are high and ready to get moving!!!!

let me check in later tonight!!!
Old 05-29-2002, 09:47 AM   #14  

Sue thanks for the invite. I just scanned the thread and like all of the support I see here. Just so everyone else knows I'm Deb and just getting started. So support and guidance is what I really need.

Sue I do have a book. I've got the Heller's plan and am ready to start this weekend. I still have to weigh. Man that's the hardest part. I really dread seeing that number come up. But I've put it off for tooooo long. We have a doctor's scale at work I can use. Never really trust the one I have at home. So friday is weigh day.

Hoping to get to know everyone soon. But I can be a little slow with names. Please bare with me. Be back tomorrow!
Deb
Old 05-29-2002, 12:53 PM   #15  
Trying to find my way.

Welcome Deb!!! Glad you have joined us. Please do not be discouraged by the actual number. it can be overwealming. I am only 5'2 inches and well 235 i had over half my body in fat and had about 110 lbs to lose to get to my "Ideal" weight. i have since changed my goals and well i am closer to goal than i had expected. I am gong for size not weight. which is better. Please be realistic when you do the weigh in. take measurments too. hide them so you do not have to see them. and then plan on doing them every few months or at the most once a month. the weight should be done less frequent too.

I have done hellers plan for a while but it was the first one CAd not CALP and well i tried to sneak in 2 RM then 3 and well I was lost after that. many do great on the plan so we will be right here beside you to help and coach you all the way!!!

I get back to the gym today i did the eliptical for 30 min today. at a jog speed and well i did a god sweat. I am OP today I did good yesterdy except a small icecream which actually was OP within my carb limits!!!

so this is day 2 for me!!!

Pat??? check in you usually are the early bird here??? where are you???

I did send an email to dana so hopefully she will stop in quickly I will let you guys know what she says.

Pam how is your day today??

Melody have things slowed down for you??? I am finally getting things back on an even keel from the theft!!! I wish that i had seen them they would have droped a load in their pants if i had ran after them and was able to keep up eith them and even cought them!!! I was thinking that today as i went 2.25 miles today!!! I did run 2.5 the daybefore it happened so i know I could have done it!!!! well girl i hope things are calming down for you!!! and i hope things with BF streighten out. it is so hard being in a relationship like that!!! You know my love and thoughts are with you!!!
Closed Thread