South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 02-18-2008, 06:01 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Default Monday's Chick Chat

Good morning!

We're having a taste of spring on this President's Day, but it's pouring and very windy, so there'll be no outside activities. The girls have off today for the holiday, and I've invited several of their classmates over for a playdate. We're going to make homemade soft pretzels for our activity, that will be fun!

What's everyone up to today?
Old 02-18-2008, 06:06 AM   #2  
Determined to lose!

Default Monday Support CHat

OK, it's monday, where is everyone?> Sorry not to get in here t his weekend but things have been happening! It's a mixed feeling, more sad than glad.... my son, 18, is looking for his own apartment. He and two friends filled out an application and will have the down payment by weeks end. So, in two short weeks my son is planning on moving out! With it just the two of us I'm going through empty nest syndrom!

On top of that, Gideon, my 19 yr old cat, has been throwing up quite a bit< I fear something's not right. I'm having a hard time bringing him to Lollypop for them to put him down. Right now I have to repair the dryer (it costs 75 just for the guy to come out and walk in the door), and an oil change... If Gideon were younger I'd spend money at vet, but being as old as he is I think it's something major that would require surgery. He's been getting sick for several months, perhaps even a year. More so lately.

I told my son he can take Noah with him (it's his cat,). Noah is 16. Yes, my cats are VERY old! That will leave Jade (my black lab) and I.

I'm giving Joe my TV and VCR, trying to sell the Surround Sound system and declutter when My son leaves! NO MORE COUCH POTATO!!!!!!!!

OK, off to work... come on ladies.... ITT'S TIME TO WAAAKKKEEEE UPPPP!!!!
Old 02-18-2008, 06:10 AM   #3  
Determined to lose!

GM COTTAGE, (OK< so whats your name? LOL)... I see you were posting as I was!
Old 02-18-2008, 06:13 AM   #4  

Sigh... work today. While our county courthouse is closed, the one just north of us is not, and we have a heavy docket in that court today. A long weekend would have been nice.

The weather in FL was gorgeous yesterday, so I did get a nice thirty minute stroll through the neighborhood yesterday. Tulip enjoys her new Puppia harness, so hopefully she'll inspire me to get out there more before it gets too brutally hot.

Have a great day everyone!
Old 02-18-2008, 06:20 AM   #5  

Loriann, looks like big changes are in your future with your son moving out on his own. I think it brings mixed blessings. I missed my kids being home and all the commotion that came with it, but I began to love the peace and quiet, too. And the fact that the bathrooms stayed clean and the laundry was cut in half! They're still close enough that I see them regularly, so it's not too bad. I hope everything works out for the best for your poor cat.
BTW, my real name is Linda.
Old 02-18-2008, 06:28 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 302/229/140

Height: 5'11"

Default monday

I'm here today. My stress level is through the roof. I have to go to Immigration wednesday for a work permit. The instructions are vague on whether or not I need a college transcript, the deal line is coming quick and I am trying to figure out how to get the transcript up here in less than 2 months with the mail being slower moving than frozen molasis. I'm waiting for my test results which if I didn't pass, I'm back at square one. I've already waited 6 months and gone through numerous bureaucratic hoops to get to the point where I can even think about a work permit.

Then the fingerprints I sent out to the states for my permenent residency here havn't come back yet. I sent them a month ago and it seems the states just took the money and ran.

I couldn't sleep and I just need to get this over with and have a real life here.
Old 02-18-2008, 07:23 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 248/216/148

Height: 5'11"

Good Morning Ladies

Loriann- I hope everything works out with your kitty and your son.

Spirit - I'll be keeping my fingers crossed that your paperwork is all OK

Cottage- Pretzels In answer to your question yesterday... you didn't miss anything. We're still working it out and in the meantime I am house hunting. With or without him, I am ready to move because I am tired of commuting almost 100 miles daily.

Me The house hunting went fantastic yesterday. DF and I actually didn't agree on the houses from Saturday. I went over to my mom's and she convinced me to go look at a few more. I think I have found the perfect house but I do care what DF thinks in case it all does work out. Plus 2 incomes would be nice

Have a great day everyone.

Last edited by THINBYJUNE; 02-18-2008 at 07:24 AM.
Old 02-18-2008, 07:24 AM   #8  
Trying it again....

S/C/G: 237/237/145

Height: 5'4"

good morning chicks. Not feeling so good this morning. I didn't do too good this weekend and I think it's catching up to my stomach and digestive system. Uuuuuhhhhh. And to make things worse, I have a full day ahead of me. Cleaning, get a patch done on the trucks tire (slow leak somewhere), grocery shopping, gotta take my daughter to the ENT for her chronic ear infections so that she can get tubes in her ears, cook, pick up boys from school early so I can take my daughter to the doctors, there is just soooo much that I can't even remember what all had to be done. I'm tired today. Don't want to get up but had to get DH lunch ready for work and was planning on going back to bed but my 6 month old decided to change his sleeping schedule and woke up with us and won't go back to sleep. My dad is in town again and I really think he's getting alzheimers. I can tell him something and literally 20 minutes later he doesn't remember what I told him. I have worked with alzheimers patients before. But this isn't like him. He usually has a fairly decent memory but lately, not soo good. My best friend came over on friday and we had a good day together. we went to walmart and I made lunch for her. Well, the rest of you, have a wonderful monday.
Old 02-18-2008, 07:38 AM   #9  
-

S/C/G: Size 16 to 18/Size 6/I'm there

Height: 5"3" Age: 55

A quick hello and good morning.
I think I broke my toe this morning. Dropped my fluidity bar on it! So much for exercising this morning. The toe and toenail are purple and I have a HUGE blood blister at the base of the nail. Not pretty...can't hide it with polish!

Had a great weekend...dinner party was a success and my best friend left with my SB book and wants to give it a try. I'm really proud of her. Made me feel wonderful because she was so impressed with what it has done for me.
We had 2 tornados here yesterday morning, then the sun came out and it was a glorious day to work in the yard. Got a lot done.

Back to the ice pack. I really didn't feel like going to school this morning, but would rather be there than with a purple toe. Don't want to chance a herd of 5 year olds stepping on it. ouch.
Old 02-18-2008, 07:40 AM   #10  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning Chicks

LoriAnn - Good luck with the kitties. We were where you are three years ago. It was a tough period for us. One suggestion - have you tried a different food for the sick kitty? I wonder if one of the foods without all the added fat and by products might be easier on his tummy (kind of like our tummies when we get old!) ? There's also single source protein foods - one of our kitties needs that. California Naturals makes those but you do have to get them at pet stores. This is one area I think it's easier to deal with dogs than cats. We used to crock pot food for our dog when she started having tummy trouble, but cats are much harder to feed.

Cottage - I bet you're very popular with the other Moms It's always nice to have fun things planned for vacation days.

Rubberduck - If it's any consolation I'm working too. What's worse I'm choosing to work! At least your weekend was nice

Sprit - keeping my fingers crossed for you

Dawn - Exciting news on the house front.

Me - It's a rainy day here with the temp still hovering around freezing. The schools are all on 2 hour delay and since my office is closed I'll take my time going in. I actually love going in when the office is closed - gives me a chance to clean-up drawers and do filing without all the normal daily interruptions. Then I get to use the day when I want it. Not a bad deal!

Yesterday I actually was able to walk outside - so much nicer than the treadmill. It was an affirming NSV - the hill that used to wear me out was no challenge at all, I didn't even breath hard. I really love knowing I'm in better shape, more than the smaller clothes or lower numbers feeling my body better able to handle activity is really satisfying.

Okay, time to start thinking about getting my act together Have a good day all
Old 02-18-2008, 07:44 AM   #11  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Quickie this morning because I really need a shower! Nothing happening except that I did cancel out on my puppy. There's no way at the moment. I feel a bit sad about it but know there will be another dog in my future when I can cope (and train) better. It was the right decision but still.......
Old 02-18-2008, 08:11 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

Height: 5'4"

Oh my gosh, where to begin??
You chicks are up and chatty this morning. I'm just sipping my first cup of coffee and trying to make believe it's really Sunday. I feel like I tossed and turned all night and had lots of crazy dreams, although I don't remember any of them!
I am off today, hooray for 3-day weekends! The kids are home too. Which probably means I'll have various kids in and out throughout today. I am off on a business trip early Thursday through Saturday, so I've got to get everybody ready for that. It takes lots of planning to make sure everybody ends up where they need to be while I'm away.

Loriann, will your son be paying his own rent? If so, then you should be celebrating! I've got one out of the house, but not independent yet, and I can't wait for the day... Poor old kitties! I had a cat that would throw up after eating. I used to call him bulemic. The vet said it was food allergies, so I had to switch to some expensive natural food for him. When I was in college and very poor, I made my own cat food. I worked in a deli and brought home the meat ends, and I remember I added bean sprouts, garlic, and tomato juice. It was a recipe I got from a cat book I had.
Hi rubberduck!
cottage, you will always be cottage to me!
tk, I hope your dad is okay. For your sake as well as his! Hope you can get through your busy day alright.
Cat, OUCH! I hope the herd stays away from your toe. My dad wants to borrow my book, so he and my mom can try it. They know what an anti-dieter I have always been, so he is impressed that the Beach has worked for me. It would be great if my mom could get on it, she has been having knee problems lately.
Ruth, I'm sorry about your puppy. I'm sure you're disappointed, but you will find the right match for you and Hershey at the right time.
Cyndi, awesome NSV!
Spirit, hope your paperwork gets straightened out okay. I know from experience that immigration bureaucracy is the worst, at least in the US, and I'm sure it's tough all over nowadays. Sorry it is keeping you up at night.
Dawn, I'm sure you'll find the perfect place, but it does take a lot of looking!

I've got a nagging backache this morning, so I'm off to take some Tylenol, and try to do the WATP DVD before the kids start moving. Have a great Monday chicks! Anybody hitting the sales?
Old 02-18-2008, 08:12 AM   #13  

Ruth, I think you made the right decision about adopting the puppy right now. You have to make yourself a priority and get back to 100%. Then you'll be in great form to take a puppy on!

Cyndi, it's a very rainy Monday morning here, too, but it's pretty mild, so I don't mind it. Congratulations on your NSV, isn't it a good feeling to know you are getting fit?

Cat, ouch! I know that hurt! Take it from a veteran toe/ankle breaker, keep off it and keep it elevated with ice! I was thinking of you last night when I saw the weather report on your area, thank goodness you are ok!

THIN, have fun house-hunting!

Rubberduck, unfortunately, I have to work today, too. Nannies don't often get the holidays off, we usually have a longer day! I sure do envy you your weather, I can't wait til it's shorts season again!

tk, I hope you start feeling better soon! Sounds like you need to make a list for all your chores today, and just cross them off as they get done. Hang in there!

Spirit, I'll keep my fingers crossed that everything works out just fine for you!
Old 02-18-2008, 08:15 AM   #14  

Good morning, Schmoodle! I hope your backache eases up as the day unfolds. Be careful doing your workout!
Old 02-18-2008, 08:59 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 144.4/137/120

Height: 5

Happy Monday! I had to come back to work to relax after the weekend I had! Saturday I got this "itch" to do some type of home improvement although I didn't know what. So we decided to go looking around for something cheap to do. My DH then informed me that the home decor store was going out of business and it was their last day. Well I ended up getting some upholestry to redo a chair and a half we have for $20 and some really funky material for curtains in DD bedroom (which of course led to paint)! The chair looks good for a couple of rookies doing it and thankfully DD has a small bedroom! Now I am tired

Sounds like everyone is busy today. I am back to fighting battles at work with 2 closings that I swear are going to be the death of me! Time to get to it! Keep the coffee flowing, we are all going to need it today!

Last edited by Pacergal29; 02-18-2008 at 09:00 AM.
Closed Thread