Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 02-17-2008, 04:59 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 225/198.2/150

Height: 5'5

Default Is that a sweet potato in your pocket....or are you just happy to see me?

I carry a baked sweet potato in my purse whenever I go out, in case of emergency. I also have almonds and some sort of fruit. The other day I was paying for my groceries and I thought I lost my MAC card. I had to pretty much dump the contents of my purse on the conveyer belt, while the cashier looked at all my little ziplock baggies filled with my emergency food. I'm beyond caring what people think of me at this point, so I just kept searching until I found my card. I got to my car and just started laughing out loud at the whole situation. It made me wonder what other people carry around for their food "emergencies"?
missingmyerica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2008, 05:06 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 158/142/at or below 135 lbs.

Height: 5'5"

That's hilarious. I'm not as creative as you (sweet potato!!!), but I often carry a few crackers and a laughing cow cheese, a string cheese, or some kind of fruit.
walking2lose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2008, 05:09 PM   #3  
Maintaining :)

S/C/G: 215/117/120

Height: 5'4"

High fiber protein bar, string cheese, dark chocolate.
CountingDown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2008, 05:17 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 34% b.f./31.1%/25%

Height: 5'7"

I don't carry anything around with me. But you should see me pack. Like when we went on vacation recently. I knew once we got there I would go grocery shopping because we had a kitchen. But I took a clear back pack because of the airport security. I figured you can see everything I have then. It was mostly protein bars, protein shakes, fruit and nuts. I don't eat the protein bars normally. I rather have the real thing.
sharonrr1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2008, 05:40 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 236/221/136

Height: 5'7

First of all you need the butler bag!!
http://www.butlerbag.com/ProductDeta...?ID=93&SCID=37

I personnally car a soy nut bar, fruit bar always and then usually a fruit or veggie dependng on when and where I am going!
2beautiful2Bfat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2008, 05:43 PM   #6  

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2beautiful2Bfat View Post
First of all you need the butler bag!!
http://www.butlerbag.com/ProductDeta...?ID=93&SCID=37
OMG...how cute is that? You have found my weakness.....purses and bags! I love all the compartments. Do you think my sweet potato will fit?
Old 02-17-2008, 06:11 PM   #7  
Fat Cat

S/C/G: 199/198/150

Height: 5'2"

Sweet potato sounds good! I usually keep a hundred calorie pack or a cereal bar on me.
catmalvo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2008, 06:15 PM   #8  

Quote:
Originally Posted by catmalvo View Post
Sweet potato sounds good! I usually keep a hundred calorie pack or a cereal bar on me.
I find that a sweet potato will keep me full for about 2 hours or so. I eat it with the skin on, just like an apple....cold. I eat one every day, and my husband keeps telling me I'm going to turn orange soon.
Old 02-17-2008, 07:25 PM   #9  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

Hmmm, sweet potato - interesting.

It really depends on where I'm going and for how long. If I'm going to work, forget it - I bring a TON of stuff. Salads, yogurt, fruit, veggies, water, tea.

But if I'm just going to do some shopping or something - well, let's see.... A baggie full of raw string beans. And I too could care less what people think about me. I whip those string beans out with no shame whatsoever. In fact, I'm quite proud of them . I also usually have a clemintine and a lady apple. I always have gum with me and sugar free sucking candies as well.

If I'm going on a longer excursion, I bring along a frozen fat free/sugar free yogurt and a little bag of Fiber One.
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2008, 07:47 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 330/ticker/192

Height: 5'10

Sweet potato is a great idea!

I always have nuts and dried fruit in my car and purse for emergencies.

Above that, it depends on where I'm going/how long I'll be gone, but I usually have a big bag of food with me.

When I go to work, I usually pack the entire day's food except for dinner. I eat breakfast at work. Sometimes, when I'm working late, I will pack dinner, too.
BattleAx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2008, 10:17 PM   #11  

Height: 5'7"

Do you eat the sweet potatoe raw?Or do you have it baked already.Sweet potatoes are my obsession right now. I bake one a day and eat if for dinner or lunch. I love how it keeps me full for a long time. Hubby is making fun of me also. I cut one up into slices the other day and spray it with butter spray and put it in the toaster oven for 20min. It was wonderful!! I may even put a teaspoon of sugar(16 calories ) on one soon. Been planning on having it as a treat.
dgramie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2008, 10:40 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 200/190/165

Height: 5'9

I have never bought a sweet potato or figured out if I did what I'd do with it, put putting it in the purse? I used to like french fries for energy so I'm wondering if a sweet potato in the purse might prevent that urge?
horsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2008, 11:17 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 209/209/160

Height: 5'9

I'm sorry, but I think carrying a sweet potato around in your purse is the funniest thing I've ever heard. I can't imagine what that cashier must have been thinking. Sweet potatoes are delicious though. Spring is almost upon us so soon we'll be able to grill them again! Yum!
baffled111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2008, 06:53 AM   #14  

Quote:
Originally Posted by debimitch View Post
Do you eat the sweet potatoe raw?Or do you have it baked already.\
It's definitely baked, but I eat it warm or cold....it doesn't matter to me. I think it's the perfect emergency food because it keeps you feeling full for a really long time. I usually bake a bunch of them and then keep them in the fridge until needed. I pop one in my purse before going out and I'm all set. I never know how long I'm going to be out, because I always seem to get sidetracked. Drive thru's used to be a daily routine for me, but now I've got my secret weapon....the sweet potato!
Old 02-18-2008, 07:07 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 236/221/136

Height: 5'7

Missing I'm not sure if the sweet potato would fit in the smaller bag but definitely in the large one. I am planning to get the small one when I lose more weight so I'll test it for you and let you know!!
2beautiful2Bfat is offline   Reply With Quote