Old 02-15-2008, 08:11 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 232/199/120ish

Height: 5'2"

Default Diet plans

Would everyone mind sharing what type of plan they are on? I'm doing the low-carb thing, but I don't think I'll be able to be on this long term. I'm sure I need to add more foods, maybe that would help. I am losing weight, BUT if I'm not changing my lifestyle, I'm never going to be able to maintain. I'm hoping as I lose some of this weight, I can go off some of my meds for back pain.

Thanks everyone,
Missy
missymckibben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2008, 08:25 PM   #2  
The Radiant One

S/C/G: 250/142/135

I used to do weight watchers until I got stuck on a plateau that lasted months.

I am now on a hybrid nutrisystem alternated days with my own foods, loosely following the Zone. Overall - I guess it is low to moderate gi eating. The weight is coming off again.
fiberlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2008, 08:51 PM   #3  
1/2 Marathon May 15 2011

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'0"

I've stopped counting.. and it feels so good. I'm trying to follow the book by Dr Gillian McKeith from the British tv show "you are what you eat" - all natural, no processed foods. Eat as much as you want. Exercise even more. I joined the Y two weeks ago.

So lots of exercise, lots of water and lots of good whole foods.
Charbar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2008, 08:53 PM   #4  
Meowsah

S/C/G: 317/239.4/150

Height: 5'6"

I'm personally just calorie counting, trying to eat foods higher in protein and such, smaller portion sizes, more vegetables.

I've personally never tried any diet plans like weight watchers, or nutrisystem. I really wanted to just do my own thing. I felt I would probably stick to it better if it wasn't someone else's plan.
Noelani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2008, 11:17 PM   #5  
Hooping my Life Away

S/C/G: 298/218.1/170

Height: 5'8"

I do weight watcher point system. I enjoy it
Daimere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2008, 11:40 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 278/see ticker/168

Height: 5'6"

I have tried just about every plan there is. Counting calories (I still do that once in awhile), exchange plans, weight watchers, slim fast, cabbage soup, atkins, south beach, jenny craig, hypnosis tapes, hospital nutrition group, sugar busters, Overeaters anonymous. I lost weight, and gained it back. All it got me was morbid obesity.

I am doing the eat-like-a-sensible-person, veggies/fruit based, normal portions eating plan. I found this works for me. I quit eating crap and started eating healthy foods. I stopped sodas and drink lots of water. So far, so good!
Lyn2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2008, 04:05 AM   #7  
gonna win the thin!

S/C/G: 270/see ticker/160

Height: 5 feet 5 inches

i find calorie counting to most effective for me. but ive been reading the zone diet plan and have started to dabble in that as well.
math puppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2008, 11:40 AM   #8  
Former Quitter

S/C/G: 310/310/180

Height: 5'7

I started off with the Southbeach diet and lost 30 pounds. I've now added calorie counting. I've got to say, calorie counting has definitely started me on the path of losing again and I love it! For the most part, I still eat Southbeach approved foods as the eating plan is extremely healthy. However, I now can have an occasional off-plan food and count it into my calorie allowance for the day....and, I still lose! Very very exciting stuff! The most important aspect to calorie counting for me is that I can do this for life. That is very important as I not only want to lose the weight, but I want to keep it off once I get to goal.

Last edited by GirlyGirlSebas; 02-16-2008 at 11:41 AM.
GirlyGirlSebas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2008, 12:03 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 271/219/healthy

Height: 5'4 1/2"

HI...My food plan is "organized" calorie counting. I have a range of 1300 - 1700 calories that I follow. I include in my day - 2-4 fruits, 2 dairy (cheese counts), lean protein (most often), lots of veggies, sweet or treats every now and then, healthy fats & healthy starches. For my heart health I aim to have no more than 15 grams of sat. fat or 200 grams of cholesterol. I am really likeing this.

Like you I've been on every plan in the world. This seems to be going well. It seems livable, too.

My friend, Gretchen (who counts calories too) says...it's not a "sin" if you can count it in.
Beverlyjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2008, 12:04 PM   #10  
2 wheels is plenty :D

S/C/G: 264/195/150

Height: 5'4"

Calorie counting all the way, baby!
chick_in_the_hat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2008, 12:10 PM   #11  
I AM healthy!

S/C/G: 270/196.2/135

Height: 5'4

I calorie count and try to eat mostly whole foods.
Jasmine31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2008, 12:30 PM   #12  

Height: 5'8"

Calorie counting. I tell my self that I can eat whatever I want as long as I count it...
Also, on Sat (my weigh in day) I have started not writing anything down and simply keeping a running total of calories. In my mind I believe this will help me in the long term 'cause if this is truly a lifestyle thing I need to be completely focused all of the time...or, maybe I am just a little lazy!
Tonia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2008, 01:17 PM   #13  
loving my beautiful self

Height: 5'5"

I am trying to keep a general calorie count while eating wholesome foods. I don't calorie count very strictly, but in the past it worked so I am trying to do this again. I ate foods that I really liked and I was never hungry. I've considered weight watchers too though.
beautifulone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2008, 04:40 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 232/199/120ish

Do those of you that calorie count use one of the online trackers? I've tried and ended up frustrated at having to enter all my foods. I don't have a ton of time during the day to do this, so maybe just a journal.

Missy
missymckibben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2008, 07:16 PM   #15  
since 10/23/07

S/C/G: 286/ticker/136

Height: 5'5"

I calorie count and keep track on fitday. It does take time but now that I've visited for about 4 months, almost everything I eat is in there and I can just go to custom foods and select it. It has work up front but gets better as you go.

One thing I've done with fitday is enter averages. For instance, one food I like is yoplait light yogurt. There are about 5 different flavors I like. Instead of entering each one, I took all 5, averaged out the calories, proteins, fats, carbs, etc. and made one entry in fitday called "yoplait light". True, I don't get exact counts on my calories, but over the course of a week it tends to average out pretty well.

I try to stick to a range of 1200-1600 calories a day, but about once a week I'll go off plan (not alot but I will go out to eat with friends) -- usually up to about 2000 calories. I've still lost weight and have found that after the 2000 calorie day I will drop weight if I've been at a standstill.

Last edited by jay41; 02-16-2008 at 07:26 PM.
jay41 is offline   Reply With Quote