South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 02-15-2008, 06:27 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Default Friday Happenings, TGIF!

Good Morning!

I have a busy day ahead, so I'm fueling up with coffee to get myself started.
Yesterday was fun, but busy. I helped out at Maggie's party in the morning, afterwards went out with some friends for lunch and shopping for a birthday present, and back to school to help out with Audrey's party. After we got home we made some Valentine goodies to take up to their grandparent's, then I supervised their baths and got them ready to take to their grandparents, where they had a "date" for dinner and a movie. So I was home in time to watch Survivor. I'm going to watch the girls tomorrow, instead, and take them to a birthday party at the museum while Cindy and Richard are on the Foxhunt.
It's my turn to take the girls to school this morning, so I'd better go make my favorite salad for lunch, Apricot, Goat Cheese and Pistachio!

Have a great day, Chickies!
Old 02-15-2008, 06:34 AM   #2  
Determined to lose!

Good Morning Cottage... Sounds like a busy day! As for me, discouraged. It seems the harder I try the more I gain! up again to 191! . And I have been watching what I eat! But then, my stomach is tighter and I can feel the work outs all throughout the body. Thursday's work out was so intense I had a cramp in my side, had to stop. Today they yare calling a staff meeting, to which they bring donuts. I'm so grateful donuts do not even tempt me!!!!!!
Old 02-15-2008, 06:35 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 302/229/140

Height: 5'11"

I was 247 this morning. I am so happy first time below 250 in 16 years. I can actually put one of my husband's teeshirts over my hippo hips. I want to go to a normal size store and look at the clothes. I usually HATE shopping. There is a pair of LLbean flannel lined jeans that I've always wanted.
Old 02-15-2008, 06:38 AM   #4  
HAPPY HEALTHY ME

S/C/G: 215.4/-/165

Height: 5'2"

Morning Cottage it sounds like you have another busy day ahead of you. Hope it's a geat one

Loriann I know exactly how you feel - someone told me to stop trying so had and to change my focus to being healthy - I think it's working for me

My valentines was great I got one of the purses I wanted and a beautful plant - dinner was great!

Tonight I have to workout on the bowflex and we go to Longhorn for dinner other than that it's work as usual

Good TGIF to those not up and at it yet
Old 02-15-2008, 06:40 AM   #5  
HAPPY HEALTHY ME

Spirit I guess we were simulposting - Congrats on the weigh in! Keep up the great work
Old 02-15-2008, 06:50 AM   #6  
-

S/C/G: Size 16 to 18/Size 6/I'm there

Height: 5"3" Age: 55

Morning All...happy Friday!!

Had a great time last night at our "oyster fest". Absoulutely the most yummy I think I've ever eaten. Son did a great job opening them. Ended up not having to be worried about eating the strawberry shortcake (the cake had a lb of butter in it!) because everyone was too full to eat any. Guess I could have saved myself a lot of time and $ by not making it!

Running a tad late this morning, no time for personals, but wish everyone a great and productive day!

Last edited by femmecreole; 07-19-2009 at 06:34 PM.
Old 02-15-2008, 06:54 AM   #7  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Morning Chicks

Cottage - You are one busy woman Enjoy that salad - sounds yummy!

Loriann - How do your clothes fit? Weight is such a weird thing - I've lost a bunch and had it not show at all and then I've lost 1 lb and had everyone notice. How do you feel? Watch for those NSVs too.

Spiritmagejkt - Congratulations on the loss! It's fun to have a particular something you want to get into. Getting out of plus sizes was a real celebration for me too. It's nice to be able to buy clothes anywhere (though I'm a thrift store girl - love a bargain!).

GonnaBe - Sounds like a lovely Valentines Day

Nothing much here, just a normal Friday. people seem to be noticing my weight loss lately so I found a couple of pictures to mark progress. The first one is Christmas 2006, the second was that party in late January. I usually hate pictures of myself, but this is kind of fun. Just another way to measure progress away from that horrible scale

Have a good day all!

Last edited by CyndiM; 06-14-2008 at 03:37 PM.
Old 02-15-2008, 07:10 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

Height: 5'4"

Morning chicks! Have I ever mentioned how much I love Fridays?

mmm cottage, I love that salad. Over the summer I had it for lunch every day.
LoriAnn, I wish donuts didn't tempt me, but I love them. I haven't had one since July, though.
Spirit, that is awesome news!
Cat, did you send the cake home with DS? Glad he had a happy birthday! What a cute picture!
Cyndi, you look great! Thanks for sharing the pix.

I got my hands on a WATP DVD finally, so I'm going to try that out at lunchtime.
Tonight is my niece's birthday party - hope I can avoid the cake! She is an old lady of 22 years now. Hope you chicks have a great Friday!

Last edited by Schmoodle; 02-15-2008 at 07:11 AM.
Old 02-15-2008, 07:11 AM   #9  

Cyndi, you look fabulous! What a difference in those pictures!

Cat, I'm glad you had such a great time last evening! Now, what are you going to do with that shortcake today? I'd just eat the strawberries with some ff Cool Whip! Who needs cake?

GONNA, sounds like you made out pretty well! I'm a sucker for handbags, what kind did you get? I've had my eye on a Dooney Burke one for ages, but I just can't justify spending the money!

Spirit, Congratulations! You'll be wearing those flannel-lined pants in no time!

Loriann, hang in there! You'll see a change soon. It sounds like our bodies are similar. I'm not losing any weight, but my clothes are looser, and that's what really matters to me.
Old 02-15-2008, 07:14 AM   #10  

Schmoodle, Good morning! Nothing exciting on Survivor last night, but I the situation between Ozzy and Amanda is making me ill. Stay away from that cake tonight, be strong!
Old 02-15-2008, 07:14 AM   #11  
Determined to lose!

gonna< I'll keep that in mind... matter of fact, thats why I logged back in here. I took my Blood pressure, last week it was running on average 166/104... this morning it's 144/84 !!!!!! If that's not a sign of the work out... I don't know what is! I'll be checking it again at the end of the day to make sure it doesn't spike to high up again.... trying to get it normal through diet and exercise!!!!!!!

Schmoodle... if donuts DID tempt me I'd be in BIG DOG DOO DOO! They (work) had donut holes yesterday, and i KNOW they'll bring the regular donuts for the meeting today! they have them at LEAST once a week, most times more! I hate these people, they eat CRAP and are skinny... but I know that will catch up with all of them, they are in their twenties! Except for the owner, but he's also kinda chunky! lol....
Old 02-15-2008, 07:19 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

oh, cottage that's right! almost forgot! They never did show the part they had in the promo where he was eating her face off - that must come later. But I was glad they got their "act" together and won a challenge.

Kara
, I thought my Dad's meat valentine was very sweet. Last time I was at their house, I was complaining how I'd paid extra for some Laura's Lean Ground Beef, and when I cooked it, so much water came out. So he went to the Pa Dutch Market and got me some Mennonite Beef to try! Sorry you are missing your sweetie. I guess I'm used to it, it hits me occasionally, but usually I'm too busy getting through the day to think much about it.
Old 02-15-2008, 08:06 AM   #13  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

11 posts already! I'll be back later to try to catch up.
Not much new here except it's still snowing and Hershey ate a whole loaf of bread last night! She's in carb coma today! At least it was 100% whole wheat!
Old 02-15-2008, 08:51 AM   #14  
HAPPY HEALTHY ME

Cat what a handsome son you have. Glad everything tirned out for you

Cyndi pics are a great way t messure progress - what a big difference

Cottage I got a new guess purse. I told him I wanted a Dooney a Louey or a coach but I ended up with the Guess dh said he wouldn't begin to know what to pick me out. The Guess purse is the same as I already have just a different color - he went safe

See Loriann it is working for you. Might not show it in on the scale but it is showing other ways

Ruth your too funny
Old 02-15-2008, 08:54 AM   #15  
Trying it again....

S/C/G: 237/237/145

good morning. well, DH is in dallas and i'm home alone with 2 young ones and the others are at school. My dad will probably be coming back down again tomorrow. I'm getting over the flu or a really bad cold and I'm still not up to doing anything. I don't feel really good. my scale didn't budge this morning---stupid thing, what is wrong with it (LOL). It has issues (LOL). But I'm fine where I am. I'm not gonna complain. I'm down 13#'s, it's better then gaining the 13. the weather is alittle yucky today. it's cloudy and supposed to rain. there is a dog (a chihuahua) that belongs to someone down the road and he keeps coming to our yard and pooping in our yard and eating our dog food (we keep our male dog in the garage since Laydee just had her puppies and she's in the house) so today I am destined to catch that stupid dog and call SPCA to come get him. We are tired of him coming and freeloading off of us. Everyone is supposed to be monitoring their pets in this neighborhood but these people don't, they just let him run free and when he's done, he goes home. I have followed him home one day to find out where he lives. And one night my husband was walking with my children and the dog was out with its owner and the owner kept telling my hubby to just kick him. Why do people do that? If they don't want the dog or don't wanna take care of it, why keep it? AAAARRRRRGGGGG.

Hope everyone else has a good day and wish me luck on trying to catch the dog.
Closed Thread