Old 02-13-2008, 01:27 PM   #1  
I'm ready to get started!

S/C/G: 208/208/125

Height: 5'1"

Default I'm discouraged.

I am really discouraged at this point. I understand that you will not have a loss everytime you weigh in and I am okay with that. However, I should not have a gain if I stayed on the plan. Last Friday, I reached 174.6. That was a 4 lb loss from when I weighed in last Monday. So, I got moved to the Gold plan from Purple. I had struggled to finally get to this point since my dental surgery. I was so happy and I even started exercising on Sunday. And then I went in and weighed on Monday and had gained 2 lbs. I stayed on plan all weekend. I was really upset. My counselor told me that I needed to cut back on my water and since I ate deer meat on Saturday that was probably it. She also told me that it could take 2 weeks to get used to the new plan. So, I cut my water back. I find this to be a little funny considering most people have trouble drinking their water. I have a problem not drinking to much. I know that I am not normal. I went and WI today and my weight did not change. I have stayed OP and I just don't understand. I have not exercised since Sunday because I have not had time. However, I stay hungry all the time and still am not loosing weight. Today, my counselor told me to switch to the Kiwi drink for my lites and maybe eat fish, green vegetables, and oranges for fruit. I have been eating greens, chicken and fish since I weighed in on Monday.

And on top of all this, my center wants to put up the pics of me before and now to show local people loosing. Don't get me wrong I am happy about this. However, they want me to write something inspiring to go above my picture. I am not feeling to inspiring right now. So, any suggestions would help. This all came up last Friday when I had lost 26 1/2 lbs in 9 weeks. And now they get to write that I lost 24 1/2 lbs in 10 weeks. I know that I am probably being to hard on myself. I just would like to see a loss without having to struggle every 5 lbs. I could understand this more if I were closer to my ideal weight. I am almost 50 lbs from that. Has anyone else had this problem?

Sorry, this was so long. Any suggestions would be great.
ferrarimomof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 01:32 PM   #2  
Amy- Red w/Lites

S/C/G: 286/ticker/199

Height: 5'9

Honestly, I'm going to be blunt: you need to relax-this is COMPLTELY normal. You have switched plans, this is HUGE! Honestly, if you were losing on purple I see NO reason to switch until you hit a plateau aka not losing anything for three weeks even while being completely POP. So many have said this, but you have to EAT to LOSE! When you go into any level of starvation mode your body begins clinging to the fat you have bc it's not sure when it's going to get any more calories.

Do NOT get down on yourself. By exercising, and starting a new plan I would have put money on this happneing to you. DOn't let it get you off plan, stick with it and definitely talk with your COD about the need to switch plans. Let me tell you that switching prematurely can REALLY mess you up....I've been messed up on plans since Jan and am still trying to figure it out!!!

HANG IN THERE!!!
amylou7777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 01:52 PM   #3  

Thanks Amy, for your reply. You sound like my husband. I know that I am hard on myself. I do plan on sticking with the plan.

Thanks
Old 02-13-2008, 02:05 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 207/?/160

Height: 5'8"

Dionne, It seems to me that you are expecting to lose at a rate that defies physics. 4 pounds of fat has 14,000 calories in it. That is a HUGE deficiet in calories. Virtually impossible to make in one week. So the real likely scenario is that for whatever reason, you had one low scale reading that did not really show a fat loss, just a temporary water weight loss. I see that if I do a take off. I saw the number on the scale, but it did not last, because it was not a real fat loss. You are doing great! If you hadn't saw that really low number, you would not now think you are doing badly. You didn't gain any fat! Your water weight just shifts around, day to day it varies. Just a fact of life that your day to day weight will vary more than it is really possible to lose in a week, so we get all upset over little ups and downs, when it is the overall week to week trend that bears watching, or even month to month. You want to lose it slowly so that your body can process it correctly. People who lose slowly, they are losing more fat and less lean muscle. Their skin shrinks more with them instead of just ending up like a deflated balloon. So be smart about it and patient and in no time it will not matter if it took 10 weeks or 20 to lose the next 20 pounds... It will only matter that they are gone and that you are happier. Really is the impatience a desire to return to eating badly, since if you want to stay slim, the answer is that you really can't ever return to eating how you used to eat, or you will look and feel how you used to feel, so just continue to learn how to treat yourself better and the results will follow.
BarbaraB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 02:38 PM   #5  
Amy- Red w/Lites

S/C/G: 286/ticker/199

Height: 5'9

I was thinking this too! It's happened to me-a really low number that only lasts that one weigh in. It's discouraging but it's really just a mirage due to water weight. Barbara is RIGHT On-we want to lose it correctly so we don't end up putting it right back on!!

Stick with it! Do you w/i three times a week? I know it was too hard to me to see all the fluctuations in the scale that often. I only w/i twice a week toward the end and that was much better at giving me an accurate representation!
amylou7777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 03:17 PM   #6  
LAWL Salt Police

We lose, we gain. We lose, we gain.. It's the other "circle of life"...

You want discouraging? Try being Liz, and wrestle with the same 4 lbs for MONTHS. She hasn't broken past 168 and continues to yo-yo...
Dan2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 04:43 PM   #7  

Barbara- you are correct it probably was a water weight change. I do want to keep it off. The impatience is definitely not a desire to return to old eating habits. That is somewhere I do not want to return too. One of the many reasons I wanted to try and lose weight yet again is because I see my son putting on weight at age six and do not want that for my children. So, I have been trying to set an example for them to follow. It is amazing with the kids they are actually following right along. Thanks for bringing up that point because it does deserve to be looked at and make sure that is not the reason. Thanks for your reply and input.

Amy- I intend to go to WI 3x a week. And I do plan to stick with the plan. THanks for the reply and encouragement.

Dan- You are correct. It is just another circle in life. And yes, I am whinning when I know that people have it worse than me. I hope that Liz can loose that 4lbs soon. Thanks for taking time to reply to me.
Old 02-13-2008, 05:38 PM   #8  

You should not be hungry and unsatisfied. When I was, I was moved up plan right away. I lost great and all my urges to binge were not there.

Tracey
traceym1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 06:41 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 207/?/160

Height: 5'8"

Dionne, It is hard to look at the scale everyday and be sane with the changes. You are doing so great. There are going to be days where it seems like it is not working, but it is.
BarbaraB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 07:11 PM   #10  
Katie

Height: 5'1

Dionne- Sorry that you are so frustrated. I know that it is tough to see the scale backfire like that. Chin up, you are doing great!!!
Repo girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2008, 10:09 AM   #11  
LAWL Salt Police

Dionne..

I want to say I'm sorry if I came off sounding gruff yesterday.. I'm having a bit of a rough time right now, and in re-reading my post this morning, I think I my attitude yesterday may have shown up in my post..

If anyone know about whining, it's me.. So don't feel bad.. Don't consider it whining.. In this day and age, we call it VENTING!!!

Keep up the good work, and don't worry.. It'll happen!!
Dan2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2008, 10:47 AM   #12  

Dan,

No need to apologize. I am sorry that you are going through such a rough time. I hope that it gets better.
Old 02-15-2008, 12:16 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 220/170/155

Height: 5' 8"

Tee hee. We are all real people with feelings and frustrations. We are lucky to have some place to come and vent.
It has been so heartening to read of everybody else's struggles with weight issues, work issues, and family issues. It helps me feel a little less alone.
Tuesday Cool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008, 11:48 AM   #14  
Plan 3 w/Lites

S/C/G: 255/245/175

Height: 5'9"

Dionne,

Either way you look at it - 26 1/2 lbs in 9 wks or 24 1/2 lbs in 10 wks - that is amazing weight loss! I've been on LAWL for 7 wks and have only lost 10. Fluctuations in weight are soooo frustrating, especially when you're POP. We've all been there. Just keep at it and it will even out!
spacystacy is offline   Reply With Quote