Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 02-14-2008, 02:52 PM   #1  
Live, Love, Laugh!

S/C/G: 263/255/150

Height: 5'4"

Default Valentine's Day Dilemmas!

Hi Everyone, and Happy Valentine's Day!

My dear husband has invited me to go to our favorite italian restaurant -- and I can smell the fresh bread, feel my mouth water at the thought of fried zucchini and dipping them in their wonderful fresh made marinara sauce -- sipping on wine.... having the salad with creamy italian dressing followed by the entree, a plate of delicate angel hair pasta with shrimp marinara.

Oh my goodness, I am dizzy just thinking about it.

As wonderful as that sounds, I'm not sure I want to go. I've been dieting for weeks and am nearing the 10 lb mark -- it's just safe to stay home and eat the foods I've grown used to...

Sigh.... how to tell him I'd rather not go.....

How are you handling any Valentine's Day Dilemmas?

We'll get through this...

best,
b
bruniQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2008, 02:59 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 167/157/125

Height: 5'3"

DH asked me to go out also but i know that if i do i will have the bread and the desert..so i decided i just couldn't do it. He was great about it and we agreed that we would get some yummy sushi and stay home together.
mommy2two is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2008, 03:03 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 250/210/150

Height: 5'7''

hi b
happy valentine's day to you too!

it's really up to you, but i would say that you should go .
you can skip the dressing for the salad ,and the bread and you can limit to a glass of wine...
i had the same dilemma as you do, and i decide it to go, because my husband and i we work till late today we celebrate valentine's day (and his birthday too) 2 days before. I did exercise double the next day, and i will today too...but it was really worth it.
think about it....

michellenew
michellenew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2008, 03:08 PM   #4  

Ask the waitress to remove the bread from the table and go!! Enjoy the evening with your husband, pretends it's a first date -- no one ever would overeat on a first date!! It will be two minutes of stress -- the minute you place your order and the minute they ask if you want dessert -- once your order is placed, your are out of the woods!!
shelby897 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2008, 03:09 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 292/144/145

Height: 5'10"

Go to dinner and make better choices. It's a good skill to learn.
Robin41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2008, 03:22 PM   #6  
Live, Love, Laugh!

Hi.

Ladies, I have an angel on one shoulder and a devil on the other!

mommy2two: Thanks for your post -- I spoke to my DH and he has left it up to me.... so I'm still thinking about it. I must say, we have wonderful DH's!

michellenew: I was thinking along those lines - - wishing I didn't have to forgo the salad dressing and bread. but I love your idea of increasing exercise in case I do indulge!

shelby897: yes, I almost just want to go for his sake... he loves that place. I'm not a dessert person, so I'm clear there. But fresh bread... ay yai yai!

robin41: you're right of course -- making better food choices is a great skill that will serve us well on this quest.... sigh...
Old 02-14-2008, 03:26 PM   #7  

If you think he will do a good job, tell him what you should eat and let him be all manly and place your order for you -- don't even peek at that darn menu!! I agree its a good learning experience and you are going for the company -- good luck whatever you decide!!!
shelby897 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2008, 03:26 PM   #8  
Live, Love, Laugh!

Default and what to do with those chocolates!

My DH was sensitive enough to buy me a heart of sugar free chocolates... do I even go there!
Old 02-14-2008, 03:43 PM   #9  
Taking life by the horns

S/C/G: 302/ticker/215

Height: 6'1"

We splurged last weekend---- and the scale paid DEARLY for it this wednesday when I weighed in (3 pounds heavier!!! Ay yi yi!)

So... you decide... if the meal would have been tastier, I would have almost felt as if the 3 lbs were worth it. But since it wasn't, I'm really regretting it.

However, I am going out and buying a dessert that's around 300-400 calories a serving tonight--- ONLY 2 servings though (for hubby and I). I've made room and I hope it's worth it this time around!

GOTTA have chocolate on V-day!
BrandNewJen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2008, 05:15 PM   #10  
Live, Love, Laugh!

Ladies, thank you so much for all of your posts -- they've been really helpful ...

I've come to a decision...

DH & I will be toasting each other with a glass of wine, at home - and I may have a piece of sugar free chocolate from my v-day heart --

Wanna know what clinched it for me besides your wonderful posts?

I got on my stationary bicycle in shorts and a tee, all the while looking at my crunched up thighs! That did it all right!

Ya never know where your resolve will come from -- heeheeeeee! I think I'll do that every time I face holiday temptaitons!

best,
b
Old 02-14-2008, 05:18 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 167/157/125

Height: 5'3"

I think its great that you made the decision that is right for you!! I know that me personally i could not go out to eat at this stage in my weight loss because i just don't have the control yet.

Good for you and have a wonderful Valentines day...im sure there is a way that you and hubby can work off the calories from the wine..hehe
mommy2two is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2008, 05:23 PM   #12  
Live, Love, Laugh!

hi brandnewjen,

i love your spirit! I guess we do have to make an exception every now and then --

but 3lbs -- although I know that every bite of that v-dinner would be heaven, it's taken me 2 weeks to lose 1 pound recently and I know that would drive me crazy!

Thanks for your post -- it gave me perspective :-)

Hey, we have the same amount of weight to lose -- please stay in touch!

best on your quest!
b
Old 02-14-2008, 05:23 PM   #13  
Do it. Be Proud.

S/C/G: 250/see ticker~>/130

Height: 5'3.5

Here is my fail-proof plan - Say to the waitress, I don't want bread or an appetizer. Box half the meal and ENJOY IT. EAT IT SLOWLY. I can't emphasize that enough, when I've been successful... I've enjoyed my food more.
Reddalice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2008, 05:24 PM   #14  
Live, Love, Laugh!

I gotta say Reddalice, success does taste good!

Thanks,

best,
b
Old 02-14-2008, 05:28 PM   #15  
Live, Love, Laugh!

heeeheeeee mommy2two -- heeeheeee!

I feel the same way -- my diet is too young and vulnerable -- have to protect it like a baby!

Thanks - burn calories, burn! heeheee!

best,
b