Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 02-13-2008, 01:18 PM   #1  
soon to be a SkinnyDipper

S/C/G: 256/232/139

Height: 5'4"

Unhappy *Sigh* Whine Warning!

I'm sorry I just need to moan a bit
I'm far from giving up but I'm so discouraged. I've never had a problem losing weight if I stuck to what I was doing. My problem in the past was that I would get bored ect... and give up.
Well now I've never been more motivated and on plan, I mean I'm not just trying to eat less I'm also making sure the majority of what I eat is nutrient dense and I've been exercising more consistantly than ever. Two weeks ago I was 244 then last week weigh in I was 247 now today (one week later) I'm 244 again, I feel like I've wasted two weeks but I honestly can't think of anything I'd do differently. Has anyone else struggled like this? I feel like every pound is a big fight.
ChunkyDunker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 01:27 PM   #2  
I'm Just a Little Crazy

S/C/G: 250/215/170

Height: 5'9"

OMG, yes... It's like I have to fight, kicking and screaming, up hill, struggle with each and every OUNCE. I actually used to weigh over 245 lbs. The first time I tried to lose, the weight just FLEW off... NOT this time. I am eating healthy, exercising more... I can see areas to improve, but I want to see results from the areas I have already improved in.

I think it is important to celebrate the little things - each cookie refused, every mile walked, every time something fits a little looser... And patience. I know that I need to find patience with myself. I am going to sign up for a Yoga class that starts in a few weeks... I think this may help me to relax and refocus.

Last edited by SCraver; 02-13-2008 at 01:28 PM.
SCraver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 01:33 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

That's one of the nicest things about 3FC. We all need to vent once in a while ... just pour out the blah's ... and we can here.
There's always someone going through the same feelings. There's always someone who got through this kind of blip just fine.
Whine away ... we're here for you.
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 01:41 PM   #4  
Made of Starstuff

No wise words, but just wanted to give a

Just know that you haven't "wasted" two weeks. You're doing some healthy things!
Lovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 02:10 PM   #5  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

Height: 5'3"

How are you tracking your food? Can you make any adjustment there? I ask because it's unusual for someone at your starting weight not to see some change after two weeks on a restricted food plan. Let us know what your program is...

Jay
JayEll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 02:21 PM   #6  
never say never

S/C/G: 215/ticker/165

Height: 5'6

what about the way your clothes fit or your measurements? i track weight in combination with measurements and clothes. i feel this helps me get a clear picture overall. hang in there!
polkadotfever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 03:02 PM   #7  

Thanks for the all the support, I appreciate it.
JayEll: I'm doing Weight Watchers (again) I'm a pro at it lol so I just don't get what's going on?? My DH is doing WW as well and I prepare all his meals too...he of course has lost 25lbs to my 12lbs and he's done it consistently every week blah. It's so weird at my weight I could usually at least count on a big loss the first week (water or not it's motivating!) and even my first week I only lost 2lbs? I've been reviewing my food tracker and if anything I haven't been eating enough, but even then I usually only have 1-2pts left a day and maybe half my flex for the week so I'm not way under. I think I might go see my Dr., I know I have a "fatty liver" and I've seen somewhere on line that it can impede weight loss but this is nuts

Thanks agan.
Old 02-13-2008, 03:20 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 209/209/160

Height: 5'9

Chunky, didn't you mention last week that you usually eat fewer than 1200 calories per day? Have you increased your cals at all? Increasing your calories will almost certainly get your body to start shedding fat. If you keep them too low, your body hoards the fat in the face of imminent famine.
baffled111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 03:36 PM   #9  

Hi Baffled, no that wasn't me. I think it was a lady with the user name Chunkomommy?? Too many Chunky's 'round here
Old 02-13-2008, 06:15 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Height: 5'5"

Don't forget to check out the great sticky at the top of the page about why weight fluctuates! There could be lots of things going on and it's impossible to know. Keep working at it and just try to be patient!

Last edited by Heather; 02-13-2008 at 06:15 PM.
Heather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 10:36 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 215/163/135

Time for my usual "get your thyroid checked" advice You may be hypothyroid. Being hypothyroid slows your metabolism and makes it more difficult to lose weight.

So, especially if you feel different in other ways-- foggy brain, hair feeling thin and stringy, nails soft and peeling, frequently cold, lack of energy or motivation (there's a raft of other vague symptoms), you should ask your doctor for a thyroid test.
Erinyes74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2008, 01:14 PM   #12  
~FaBulOuS~

S/C/G: 195/159/155

Height: 5'8

It is prob water weight. The question is "do you feel better' should come to mind, if thats a yes then the weight will follow just dont give up and keep going at it full force.
meldogml84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2008, 01:21 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 217/tick/160

Height: 5'5

My weight loss is slower, 2 lbs the first week and 3 the second week. The first week I cut my calories to 1200, this week I am sticking to 12-1300 depending on the day and not worrying too much about going over a little. What is is that you eat in a day? Can you give us an example?
peachcake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2008, 07:47 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 350/279/185

Someone on another thread had some great advice...."Its all about the math, if you continue eating healthy and moving your body will respond....it has no choice" It often does not happen on our time schedule....but it will happen. Good Luck and hang in there!
TakingBkTheTrumpCard is offline   Reply With Quote