Closed Thread

Old 02-08-2008, 12:07 PM   #1  
burned out bus driver

Default Coconut Telegraph #2

Hi! Penelope suggested we start a new thread. I thought it was a great idea!
Ginger
Old 02-08-2008, 12:13 PM   #2  
burned out bus driver

Hi! Had a fun morning. I think.
Kind of nice just having to take care of myself this am. I got up and did my kick box DVD, then off to work. I also walked with a WW coworker for almost an hour, so I figure I have 5 AP's in for today. Tonite is International Night for 4H- so that will keep me busy with Dd. Other than that have lots of stuff to do at home.

Penelope- great to see you here! Glad you had 2 binge free days- keep up the great work!

Kerry- that is so sad about that teacher in your area. How is she today?
Talk about trauma- how did that ever happen, is there no or little security at the school? Good job getting your workout in! I am looking at a Kathy Voight DVD called Burn and Firm. I called Collage, explained to them my age, weight and fitness level, and that I think (hahaha) I can handle a slightly more advanced workout. I will check it out on their web page again before I take the plunge.

Gotta get ready to face the masses in a wee bit.........see ya and Happy Friday!
(Mermaid, how are you doing?)
Ginger
Old 02-08-2008, 01:43 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 180/130/130

Height: 5'5

Ginger - Thank you for starting the new thread It's much easier to find everything
You are busy, busy like a bee It's great that you are taking time to take care of yourself in the midst of everything

Kerry - To have something like that happen so close to you, that must have been so scary! I'm glad that she's stable.

As for me - ok, ladies, seriously, I am tearing my hair out I know that I have a problem with being negative (always talking about what's going wrong, worrying and stressing too much), and I feel like I have been whining my head OFF. I am sick of hearing about it, sick of thinking about it. But right now, all that I can imagine helping me relieve this stress is beating the **** out of a punching bag, and I'm not going to be able to do that. School right now, and then work after that.
Please forgive me for unloading on you, but I don't know what else to do! I'm sitting in class not getting my homework done, ready to cry. I need to talk to someone.
This is what's going on...I know that **** happens, but we seem to have so much of it being dumped on us left and right that I am starting to wonder wtf we did to piss off karma. I mean, seriously already! First, when I went back to school, of course that stopped me from working full time, so there went my entire income while I found a PT job. Money was TIGHT. It still is, but now atleast I'm working pretty regularly at a job that pays decent.
Then, our truck wouldn't start for several days. We finally got it boosted by a neighbor. A few days later, the fuel pump went. Our credit card was already maxed out with my boyfriend's school (he couldn't get a loan, so decided to use the card as a loan of sorts so that he didn't have to take time off of his Business degree). We had NO money to get the truck fixed, so we charged the $800+ to the card, after asking for a credit increase.
This morning, my bf ran into the metal grate on a construction truck and not only dented the truck and scraped paint off of it, but also broke out the left signal light. It's going to cost $300+ to fix...the paint & dent can stay the way it is until we're ready to trade the truck in later, but the light can result in a fine from the police, so we HAVE to get it fixed right away.
At this point, I'm submitting a Change of Circumstances form to the government to reconsider the loan that they awarded me. I wanted to stay as loan free through this as possible, and the first loan just covered most of my tuition, but this is seriously scaring me. What if I got sick? What if more crap happens? We just barely paid this months' rent. We also had to go to the food bank.
This isn't all, but I'm done my novel On top of it all, I have NOT been dealing with this. I've been bingeing, instead. I mean, not for the last going on 3 days, but off and on worse then it's EVER been before.

/end sob story. Ugh! I do feel better. Thank you so much for listening. I know that we're going to be okay, and I know that life is not about having things all going your way, it's about rolling with the punches and coming out a better person. I think I just needed to vent, and maybe get some of this out? I don't know. I really want to keep taking care of myself, and help my bf through this. I know that he is beating himself up pretty bad about this morning. Also, he has been offering to help with my part of the bills, but I don't want to lean too hard on him. He's in school, too! He already works full time.

Ok. Truly done. I hope everyone has a good Friday! (TGIF!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ) to everyone!

Last edited by just_a_dreamy1; 02-08-2008 at 01:43 PM.
Old 02-10-2008, 03:34 PM   #4  
burned out bus driver

Penelope- venting is the wonderful thing about this format- we can all do so at will, and the reader has a choice to read it or not (it is not like a phone call that one must listen to). I am glad that you used this healthy format to vent- first of all getting into print somehow manages one to sort thru ones thoughts and feelings better, and surely saves a bit of the stresseating and binging that we are all prone to. gosh, I am sorry to hear about your financial calamaties (and it does seem mostly financial, for now). I think we all know what tight finances are like. Guess you have to do what you can to get thru this bad period, and focus on survival. Get the truck fixed (the signal, at least!) and hopefully the new review of your finances will result in a good outcome with your loan review. (see, I did read your post!). Hopefully things will start looking up for you soon. I KNOW it is tough, but sometime in the future you might want to try to start a rainy day fund. (mine always disappears once I get it built up!) Hang in there........better days are coming!

My weekend has been ok. Yesterday was limited because of Dh's bum ankle and some household stuff we had to get done. Got to church today.
My eating has been ok- not great but a huge improvement over 2 weeks ago.
My scale has not really budged here, who knows what Tuesdays WI will be.
And I did get on the treadmill yesterday, did my kick box DVD today.
Gotta go. Hi To everyone.
Ginger
Old 02-11-2008, 11:47 AM   #5  
burned out bus driver

Just a short hello and a good morning wish! Happy Monday all........

So far so good here. Got 15 minutes in on the treadmill and hope to get a Leslie workout in in a wee bit too. I did get on the scale this am, was down a wee bit.....tomorrow I go to my meeting with a coworker- so I hope I am down a bit on the official scale!

Anyone tried the Progresso WW 0 point soups? They are pretty good........a bit pricey, but the local store here has had them on special, and I have a coupon which helps And no points is awesome! And easy...

Better to be productive. Happy Monday
Ginger
Old 02-11-2008, 07:20 PM   #6  
MomWifeTeacherFriend

Howdee girlies! Did you miss me? Mannnnn just how do the weekends fly by so quickly? ARGGH! Sure hope that everyone is doing well! Good to hear that your scale was looking friendly, Gin!

Yes! I've tried the Progresso WW 0 point soups! I've been enjoying trying them as I catch them on sale or with a coupon! Had a bowl of the rice and veggie one today for lunch as a matter of fact! There is one that I don't care for at ALL....but I'm not too sure which one it is! While a single serving is officially 1/2 a can, I eat a whole can and have a yogurt or piece of fruit and call it lunch! The 1/2 can storage thing at work can get a bit much....and well.... The whole can has some silly amount of calories in it!

Didn't get to exercise at school today as I forgot my shirt...and couldn't (or wouldn't!) walk in my suede and lace blouse. Last week, I forgot my sneakers at home. I am searching for another pair of "good" sneakers....but haven't found any that fit the way that I want them to. So. I carry around shoes with me! I won't get to exercise tomorrow at school as I have a meeting at the HS with my sons educational team. It is going to take A WHILE! SOOOOOO....... I'm going to dust off one of my Leslie tapes and shake the house and listen to the comedians in the family!

Hope everyone has had a wonderful Monday! Hope you've stuck to the plan you made! You can do it!

take care,
meeeee
Old 02-12-2008, 11:20 AM   #7  
KAR

Hi all,
Sounds like you are all off to a good start for the week! I was hoping to have my TOPS meeting tonight, but it is cancelled because of the schools being closed around here. So I guess I just need to hold on to my weight loss for this week and be sure to take a few more pounds off with it next week. I think I would have been down like 5 or 6 pounds. But I guess that is what stress can do to a person when they don't feel like eating. Had a rough weekend with DH. He was just being a big butthole this past weekend. He was fine yesterday! Now the kids are here and he is starting to get wound up again. I hope he isn't like this all day long. Or you might not hear from me for awhile since I most likely will find a rubber room to be in until I become sane again.
Mermaid sorry you didn't get your walk in yesterday. I walked with the kids inside the building after school for a half hour. I was starting to break a sweat by the end of our walk. I love the days when we can go outside and walk the track. Hope your meeting goes well this afternoon with your son's educational team. I will keep my fingers and toes crossed that it goes well!
Ginger, hope that your wi goes well today. Did you get any of the weather that we have here in Ohio? It is a mess out there. My mom and dad live 4 hours north of here and they got 6 to 10 inches of snow. We only got about 4. Enjoying your workouts are you? I have to do my workout still for the day. I stayed up until 3 playing cards with two of our friends and my dh last night, since I knew I didn't have to go to work today. But then got woke up early by the stepkids. So I am still just a little tired.
Penelope hope your week is going better for you. That is fine to come here and vent. I do it all the time when I need to. If you start throwing your change in a jar,it adds up and then you could put that in a savings account for a rainy day. That is just an idea. Hope things are going well for you so far this week!
Well I have to go. Have a great day!
Take care,
Kerry
Old 02-13-2008, 07:00 AM   #8  
burned out bus driver

Good morning!
We are off.......snow day! (I am thrilled!!!!!!)

Kerry- sorry that your meeting was cancelled. Keep focused and keep your head up till next weeks meeting. WI at home (got that new scale too, right?) to use as a way to assess how you are doing. Stinks that Dh was such a creep-(mine was too last nite). Get your sanity back......we will miss you!

Mermaid-isn't that soup good!? Hope you can find some other walking shoes- it would be great if you could keep a pair in your car, ready for whenever.
How did the meeting go with Ds's educational team? (hope you did not strangle anyone- I know they have been tough to deal with in the past).

I am gonna go back to bed........will check in later!
G
Old 02-13-2008, 07:36 PM   #9  
KAR

Evening,
Had another snow day today. But today was much better. I slept in until 11 and then got up. Spent the day with dh and he was actually human towards me. We had to go and get his truck from our friend's house. We ended up playing two games of Wii bowling and I kicked their butts the last game. Then we came home and I took a nap. So now it is time for dinner.
Ginger did you go for your wi yesterday? How did it go? I hope you were down this week. Hope you enjoyed your day off!
Mermaid how was your meeting yesterday? Hope all is going well with you. Did you get to walk today? One of my kids in my classroom stays for the afternoon program at school and she loves it when we go walking. So I bet she has been sad for the last two days when we didn't get to walk. Sounds like you have been very focused and positive this past month. So you will be seeing some great results soon.
Penelope hope all is going well for you this week. I have been saying a couple prayers for you that things start changing for the better for you.
Well i need to go and eat dinner.
Take care,
Kerry
Old 02-14-2008, 06:54 AM   #10  
MomWifeTeacherFriend

Hey ya'll!

Ended up at the Jr/Sr High Area Band auditions. I was supposed to work concessions but they had enough people! Whooohooo! So I just stood around and talked for nearly 3 hours to my band mom friends! Bunches were there as I have a kid in both bands! You know I hated chatting with them! LOL

We've got snow this morning but NO delay or closing...so I have to get going and get the vehicle cleaned off! I've updated my ticker to show this week's loss! Slowly but surely!

Hope you ladies have a wonderful Valentine's Day! Consider yourself ((hugged)) for the day! I'll check back after school today!

move that fanny of yours! )
Take care,
meeee
Old 02-14-2008, 12:56 PM   #11  
burned out bus driver

Ok, Ms Mermaid, I moved my fanny! (got a 2 mile walk in this am)
Congrats on the loss.....I don't know what it was as I hit quick reply which does not show the ticker. But congrats......any loss is good, no matter how slow it takes! Keep up the good work.

Kerry- glad you had a pleasant day.....slept late and that Dh was in a good mood. Life is so much nicer when they are!

I was down 3.4# at WI. Meeting was great, and I am so glad I busted my can to get to that one (we had an early closing that day, so I had to get in and out quickly). With the weather the way it was, that meeting was the best (and only) choice. Early dismssal Tues, snow day Wed and late opening today......no time for meetings!)
Gotta go back and face the monsters.
G
Old 02-14-2008, 09:19 PM   #12  
MomWifeTeacherFriend

Good to hear that you moved your fanny, Gin. Congrats on your wonderful loss! What did you do different THIS week from last?! Just wondering! Things at school were exhausting today! The day of LUV and CHOCOLATE...not necessarily in that order! I hope you all had a great day! I'm heading to bed early....... recover from all the festivities! Talk to you all tomorrow! HEY, tomorrow is FRIIIIIIday! whoooohoooo! )
Old 02-14-2008, 09:20 PM   #13  
MomWifeTeacherFriend

Anyone heard from Summmerrrr lately?
Old 02-17-2008, 10:44 AM   #14  
MomWifeTeacherFriend

WHERE did everyone go?! Hope everyone is ok and enjoying the weekend! MANNNNNNNNNNNN it is lonely out here!
Old 02-17-2008, 09:20 PM   #15  
burned out bus driver

Hiya,
Nope, not heard a thing from Summerrr.

Hope everyone made it thru the weekend ok..........anyone got Monday off?
I do, am heading down to my mothers to help her with some stuff. Not exactly a day off. Oh well.
This week is insane for me. I am studying myself to death- Friday am I am taking the written part of the license test for my CE. So much material to cover. Everyone tells me I will do fine.....but got lots of material to study.
Lots. Ugh. My new DVD arrived, have not had the time to give the workout a try. Perhaps tomorrow am before I go to my moms. And, because of all the other nonsense, studying etc, I am skipping WW. Unfortunately, that is the only way that makes sense.

I'd better go......you guessed it, study. Take care....
Hi Mermaid!!!!
Closed Thread