South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 02-12-2008, 06:11 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Default Taking on Tuesday, Chick Chat

Good morning,
We're on storm watch this morning, but the weathermen don't seem to know just what we're getting or how much. At least I don't have to go in until noon today, so maybe by then something will be happening.
The girls got home at 2 yesterday, and they were excited to tell me all about their ski weekend. They had a wonderful time and enjoyed seeing their cousins again, too.

Schmoodle, I had to refrigerate the soup stock overnight so I can skim off the fat, so it's on the menu for today. I'll be sure to let you know how I like it.
Old 02-12-2008, 06:44 AM   #2  
HAPPY HEALTHY ME

S/C/G: 215.4/-/165

Height: 5'2"

Morning Cottage! You be careful in that crazy weather. Glad to hear the kiddos are back and that they had a blast.

As for me it's bowling night but I'm staying home to watch biggest loser & walk/jog on the treadmil.

Good morning to everyone else not yet up and at it.
Old 02-12-2008, 06:59 AM   #3  
Determined to lose!

Good morning ladies! Cottage, glad the girls got home alright and without injuries.

Gonna, I have been thinking of joining a bowling league! I think I'm going to set one up!!!!!

As for me: Frustrated as the scale went up... but then, I shouldn't be weighing every day! LOL.... I worked out hard yesterday at curves, usually I do a moderate workout, but I worked at 95%!! There's a lady there that has lost 51lbs since September. She arrives around the same time I do so I plan to buddy up with her. We seem to hit it off pretty well. She's about my age, and has four kids from 17 to 25, I have an 18 so we have a few things in common. I'm excited about this! Seeing her change in a month with 30lbs has inspired me to workout as often as I can at curves. The weekend I will get out more with the dog and do a video I have on the colder days.

Joe's home today, so no doubt I will be eaten out of house and home! When do they move out???????????????????
Old 02-12-2008, 07:35 AM   #4  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

mmmm coffee Thanks Cottage!

We're getting that storm too, but they seem a little more confident that we're getting quite a bit. Blah! Have fun with the girls

Loriann - I feel your scale frustration. I seem to have the same inability to stay off it each morning even though I know it's going to bounce around. I'm curious about Curves now because I could fit in an extra workout during lunch that way. I'll have to ask my PT because I've heard really mixed reviews about it.

GonnaBe

I'm heading into a diet adventure, hopefully not a bad one. At our Co-op members get a better discount if they work 3 hours a quarter. I like to do food demos - lots of hours and playing with recipes. Somehow I ended up helping with one today with "heart healthy treats". Of course there are not diet friendly treats. I'm making three recipes this morning though I passed off the two I knew would be hard for me to resist. Then I'm standing at the counter for 2 hours handing them out to folks. Wish me luck and will power!

I wonder if I'll be snowed in tomorrow?

Stay safe and warm everyone.
Old 02-12-2008, 07:48 AM   #5  
-

S/C/G: Size 16 to 18/Size 6/I'm there

Height: 5"3" Age: 55

Morning all!
Cottage..hope that storm doesn't cause any problems for you! The weather here is foggy right now and 57...supposed to warm up to the 70's. Then it's supposed to "hit" the colder temps up north and cause some severe weather for us later in the week. joy.

Gonna, I'll be there with you tonight watching biggest loser. Then tomorrow is the second 1/2 of a PBS special, then Thursday is Survivor and an "oyster party" for my older son's 24th birthday...a few days of something to look forward to at night after work!

Loriann, ignore the stupid scale. I worked out this morning (I decided it was time to go to "intermediate" with fluidity workout) weighed afterwards before my bath and I gained 3 lbs since yesterday according to the dumb scale. No way. I just stuck my tongue out at it. It's stupid and it lies.

Cyndi, you can resist that food...just think of it at completely gross and poison and foist it all on others and feel superior that you didn't have any. Bring a lot of water with you and sip when you feel tempted!

Me: nothing exiting...just work and more work. Got my roses pruned yesterday and that felt good. Just took some turkey out of the freezer for taco bake and that's the extent of exitement. Feeling really good after that workout and a nice hot long bath and ready to face the day wearing a new shirt, which helps! Off to eat some leftover grilled turkey and vegs and I'm out of here.

Last edited by femmecreole; 02-12-2008 at 07:50 AM.
Old 02-12-2008, 08:03 AM   #6  
Trying it again....

S/C/G: 237/237/145

Height: 5'4"

good morning to all. sorry no time to chat but just wanted to say good morning. got a full day ahead of me today. Have a wonderful day everyone.
Old 02-12-2008, 08:05 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 248/216/148

Height: 5'11"

Good Morning Everyone

Cottage Have a great day and stay warm.

Gonna Enjoy your evening of the t.v. and treadmill.

Loriann Hang in there. The scale will come around.

Cyndi You can resist the treats. Good luck and hang in there.

Femme Enjoy the new shirt. I love getting to wear new clothes for no particular reason.

Me I woke up on the wrong side of the bed today. Hopefully I get rid of my crabiness before I actually have to interact with others. We shall see.
Hope everyone has a great day.
Old 02-12-2008, 08:11 AM   #8  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

"Roses pruned" she says! My roses in the front bed are beneath six feet of snow from the lane ploughing.

We're sunny and no snow is falling for a change but darned cold. I am going to see if I can get the woodstove in the back room cranked up again as it's a lovely place to sit and read when the sun streams in.

Today I plan to get cracking on my insurance claim - $21K for Harry's nursing home last year and some of it is refundable! 60%? After that, it'll be starting to organize tax stuff. We don't need to file until April 30 but I like to get at it early and figure it our several different ways. I used to work for Revenue Canada!

I'm still clumping around on the walker but feeling a bit more normal. I ate more yesterday and my ticker is still truthful! I'm striving for a balance - enough good food to heal but not enough to gain - a very modified South Beach Phase II.

Have a great Tuesday, chickies.
Old 02-12-2008, 08:21 AM   #9  
Visualizing the Goal

Good morning friends!

Avery insists on waking up around 7:30 and then spending the next hour to hour and a half looking sleepy and snuggling on my lap. I'm trying to convince her to just sleep an extra hour, but she prefers the snuggling. I can't say I mind it, but she keeps pulling my hands off the keyboard and wrapping them around her! What a sweetheart!

Dawn, hope you can shake off the grumpies. Count your blessings!

Tawnya, good luck getting everything in order today! Hope your dad is feeling better!

Cat, I'm sure you look divine in your new blouse! Enjoy your taco bake tonight!

Cyndi, bring gum. Lots of gum! That's what I do when I go to the grocery store and don't want to be tempted by the samples. Good luck!

Lori, hide that scale! Dawn's is under her car in the garage!!! Join the strike. We'll be meeting later to draw up picket signs...

Gonna, enjoy your quiet evening!

Linda, I always get my local weather report from you! It surely does look gloomy out there, doesn't it?!

Hello Ruth! Glad to hear you're back moving about! Enjoy your read by the woodstove!

We're going to visit my mother-in-law this morning. She works for the county and has off today for some unexplained reason. I think I'm going to take advantage of my parents' treadmill for my run today, as it is looking nasty outside and was cold as anything yesterday. Then my niece is coming over for a couple hours after her preschool class gets out because my sister has to be into work before her husband gets home from his job (he works for a bank and she's a nurse). It'll be the first that we've seen my sister and her family since we've been back so I'm looking forward to giving her a hug!

Off to get breakfast going. Yogurt and a clementine for this morning.

Kara

Last edited by tomandkara; 02-12-2008 at 08:22 AM.
Old 02-12-2008, 08:26 AM   #10  

I went to Curves and stopped to fill up on gas afterwards, so I'm ready for the storm.

GONNA, I'll be joining you and Cat tonight in front of the TV watching The Biggest Loser, too, even though I just watch it for the entertainment anymore.

Loriann, you'll learn fast, that scale is evil and lies!!! It's great that you found someone to buddy up with at Curves. We have a great group that meets there every morning. It kind of keeps us accountable to each other, too.

Cyndi, not all Curves are the same. I visited one while on vacation and didn't like it at all. The one near me is a larger one and has all the latest up-to-date equipment that is maintained monthly, and the manager stays right on top of things. We do all kinds of games, challenges, and fun things to keep us motivated. Stay strong at your co-op event today!

tk, I hope you have a better day today with the DH!

THIN, I hope your crabbiness passes soon!
Old 02-12-2008, 08:29 AM   #11  
Visualizing the Goal

KT, I just went back and read the end of yesterday's thread... Thank you for your nice words! Tom is in the Air Force and is just finishing up his year-long tour in South Korea. He was supposed to go unaccompanied, but the kids and I ended up moving over there for the greater part of the year. We just returned back home to the States to spend about a month with the grandparents and aunts and uncles, as we're off to Germany next. Tom gets home a month from tomorrow! He's been in the Air Force for fifteen years now - hard to believe he's coming up on retirement!

You're sweet!

Kara
Old 02-12-2008, 08:31 AM   #12  

Kara, there's nothing like cuddling with a little one to get your day off on the right foot! It is pretty gloomy-looking out there, stay safe and warm inside!

Ruth, I'm happy that you are feeling better, I bet having Hershey back home had a lot to do with that!
Old 02-12-2008, 08:35 AM   #13  
-

S/C/G: Size 16 to 18/Size 6/I'm there

Height: 5"3" Age: 55

Kara, today is Lincoln's B'day, so maybe that is why your MIL is off? We don't get president's day etc off because we are off for 2 days at Mardi Gras. poop.

Curves: the one near me is awful. I hated it. Kept hurting my back (had surgury on it 20 years ago) and some lady kept yelling at me saying "you are doing it wrong". I kept telling her I could NOT do some of the stations "the right way" because of my back. I don't want to go through that surgery again. I know what I can and cannot do after 20 years of avoiding it. I finally got tired of arguing with her every time I went in and quit. She was a cow.

Last edited by femmecreole; 02-12-2008 at 08:38 AM.
Old 02-12-2008, 09:00 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

Morning chicks!
We got some snow last night, but just enough to cover the grass, not enough to keep the kids entertained probably. They are home today, and DD had a friend sleep over last night. The friend decided she wanted to go home at midnight but her mom wouldn't come get her, so it took a while to get them settled and asleep. So I am on 3 nights of crappy sleep and I am not a happy camper without my 8 hours. I think we're taking a hiatus from sleepovers at our house for a while. I don't know why it's such a big thing nowadays anyway. Why can't they just get together and play like we used to without moving in with each other? (End of cranky mom rant)

cyndi, the coop thing sounds kind of fun. Maybe you'll end up with your own cooking show like Rachel Ray. I think that's how she got started!
Dawn, just indulge your crabbiness. That's what I plan to do. Anyone that doesn't want to be around me can go away. Except you chicks, of course! My captive audience.
Keep on clumpin' Ruth!
Have a great day with the family Kara. By the way, I way your post in the other thread about the scale. I refrained from comment. But I've got my eye on you.
Have a great day cottage, Cat, Loriann, tk, and Gonnabe

coffee's kicking in and time to get to work. check in with you chicks at lunch.
Old 02-12-2008, 09:07 AM   #15  
HAPPY HEALTHY ME

S/C/G: 215.4/-/165

Height: 5'2"

I think today is going to be just as busy as yesturday so I wanted to drop in before it all gets started

Loriann I only do the bowling thing beacuse of dh who has done it for his whole life & he's 42 now & he is very good. I don't go every Tuesday

Good luck Cyndi

Have a great day Cat

Hi TK

Dawn I hopr your day gets better

Ruth you gotta love a truthful ticker especially when they show good #'s

Kara Avery sounds too cute

Cottage biggest loser helps the hour on the treadmil go by

Hope to check back in soon
Closed Thread