Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 02-11-2008, 06:54 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 233/see ticker/133

Height: 5'3''

Default Has anyone done the Breast Cancer 3 Day?

I am considering doing this. Anyone have any experience with this? What kind of training would I have to do? It is a 60 mile walk over 3 days to benifit breast cancer reaserch. I run 26 miles a week. I am not sure how much training I can or should add on to this. Also does anyone know how many hours it would take to walk 20 miles at a 4 mph pace? Thanks for any info. Jelly
jellybelly06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2008, 07:35 PM   #2  
Expecting baby #1! 9/7/09

S/C/G: 320.2/273.2/160

Height: 5'6"

20 miles at a 4mph pace would take 5 hours.
blueyedlvrgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2008, 09:39 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 188/ticker/130

Height: 5'3"

im not sure...but why don't you heck out their website...i would think they might have people who have suggestions/advice to help with training. BTW..i think its a great thing.
GatorgalstuckinGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2008, 11:02 PM   #4  

I did the weekend in Vancouver last year and am going again in sept.
It was about 35 k on the first day and 25 the second. I cant stress enough how well looked after we are with first aid stations and stops every 3 -5 k with all kinds of snacks and drinks and biffy. I didnt train very much . Made sure I had shoes I was comfortable in and good sock.
If I could do it anyone can. You will be glad you did . Check out the web sites . You have so much going on that you at times forget you are walking a 60 k.
VanIsle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2008, 11:36 AM   #5  
Christi

S/C/G: 187 / ticker / 130

I did the 3-Day in November of this past year. WOW! What an experience!! It was the most physically difficult thing I have ever done but it was also the most inspiring!! I think everyone should do it once!

You said that you run quite a bit each week. To be honest with you, that really doesn't matter too much when it comes to the 3-Day. It will aid in you endurance but that is about it. There are a million resources for you on the website. They recommend a 26-week (ithink 26 weeks) training schedule. It seems like a long time to train. Don't overestimate your ability!! I didn't take my training as seriously as I should have and boy was I regretting that by the end of day 1!! Commit to training and you will do great.

The fundraising is pretty easy; much easier than I thought. Consider joining a team in your area. The comradery is great and they also (if you have a 'team-minded' team) help everyone to their fundraising goals. They will alos do group walks which help you get a sense of how far 20 miles really is.

If you have any other questions, please PM me.

You will experience every emotion possible during those 60 miles. I know I experienced them all over again during the final 2!! It is amazing, moving, uplifting and inspiring! Do it!!
Clue0983 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2008, 02:28 PM   #6  

It's a good cause, but are you willing to give up the running to train for it? I think it would be very difficult to do both at the same time. (Personally, I wouldn't give up my running for a walking event. I can write a check instead.)
MariaMaria is offline   Reply With Quote