Old 01-14-2008, 08:55 PM   #1  

Height: 5'4"

Default Biggest Loser DVDs

I just ordered the newest Biggest Loser DVD's for a fantastic price. Cheapest I found them in the store and most of the stores around here don't have both of them was $12.99.

Ordered them online at http://www.jr.com/ for $6.99 each plus $3.95 shipping. The DVD's I am talking about are the ones released in 2007: Cardio Max and Power Sculpt.
Let you know what I think when I get them but I was getting bored with my Leslie Sansone Walk DVD.s Also have the Zumba ones that I love, but figured at that price, I can afford to have a couple of different ones to rotate.

Roberta
shshshhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2008, 10:16 PM   #2  
Starting over after baby!

S/C/G: 285/See Ticker/200

Height: 5'7''

Roberta - Just a snippet of advice.... When you get the BL dvd's try to alternate with your Leslie dvds. I quit my BL dvds when I got my Leslie dvds and I did the mens Cardio on BL tonight and OMG I thought I was gonna die!!! But I think you will love the BL dvds! I do!!!
bradleys mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2008, 11:54 PM   #3  

Great idea, thanks for the tip Kimberly..
I have the Leslie Walk and Kick and Walk and Jog, love them.
They have just gotten boring to me but I am sure when I alternate them with TBL ones I will love them again.

Roberta
Old 01-15-2008, 09:59 AM   #4  
Kelly

S/C/G: 216/180/150

Height: 5'5"

I love my BL DVD's, they are so motivating and for once it was something I could do and found I like doing every day. I excercise in the morning before getting everyone up and starting their day and at night dh and me usually run/walk for a little peace!
StevenBensMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2008, 12:06 AM   #5  
Gold with Lites

S/C/G: 196/XXX/135

Can you recommend any DVDs for beginners ... have only ridden exercise bike so want to start "slow". Thanks! Cindy
GrandmaCindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2008, 12:10 PM   #6  
Cecilia

S/C/G: 205/Check the Ticker/155

Height: 5'2

Roberta I just ordered one too! I am sooo excited! I needed something to do at home. Thanks for the great tip!
cecil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2008, 01:18 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 210/199.6/140

Height: 5'9

I just bought the first Biggest Loser dvd and there are lots of beginner options on there. Actually you can follow their 6 week plan. My sis and I tried the first excersize that they recommend and it wasn't too hard to follow and we got an awesome work out!!
chica33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2008, 01:30 AM   #8  

Default I am so glad you got them too

Quote:
Originally Posted by cecil View Post
Roberta I just ordered one too! I am sooo excited! I needed something to do at home. Thanks for the great tip!
My pleasure. Always glad to help other 3FC save money.

Cindy, I have not gotten mine yet, so I can't tell you about the beginner options but the first videos I started with were the Leslie Sansone Walk Away The Pounds. She has soooooo many, it is easy to pick from the variety. Check EBay for bargains, folks are always wanting to sell ones they have gotten tired of. I have also seen them at Target at good prices.

Roberta
Old 01-17-2008, 06:29 AM   #9  
Gold with Lites

Thanks! I'll go looking this weekend. I know I'm paranoid but just had "identity" stolen so am very leery right now of internet ordering! Cindy
Old 01-17-2008, 02:04 PM   #10  

I have had the BL Cardio Max and Power Sculpt for a week or two and I absolutely love them. You can do as little or as much as you want to and they do have 3 different levels. I like them because actual people from the show are doing the workouts, not just skinny athletic types who don't need to lose any weight as in most exercise DVDs. I also have Celebrity Fit Club with Harvey Walden. It isn't quite as good as BL's but good if you want to change things up a bit.
drtlc1990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2008, 02:53 PM   #11  

DRTLC: (don't know your real name)
Thanks for letting me know. I have no idea what to expect from the BL PS and CM and am getting really excited to get them.

Cindy
It is easy to get paranoid when you are a ID theft victim. I use a program from my bank called "Shop Safe". When I want to make a purchase online I have the bank/credit card issue a one time use number (they change 4 of the digits in my real credit card number) and I specify how much I want the limit for (I usually round up the purchase price by about $10) and choose the expiration date (again, I make it good for a month after my purchase). That way, I have more protection than if I just used my credit card. Maybe your credit card company has something like that?

Good luck
Roberta
Old 01-17-2008, 05:16 PM   #12  
Megan

S/C/G: size 14/ pudgy size 10/Size 8

Height: 5'5"

Cindy, another easy starter is the classic Richard Simmons "Sweatin' to the Oldies".

As for the BL DVD's I use both the 1st one and the 2nd one in my regular work-out DVD rotation. Then again, I have a thing for Bob, so him yelling at me to keep on going really keeps me motivated. However, at the moment I'm on kick with the Firm, so it's only me and Bob now 2 days a week, which is probably better for my dreaming mind.
marzbe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2008, 08:03 PM   #13  
Gold with Lites

Thanks for the tip. I hadn't heard of that and will check with my bank. Cindy
Old 01-18-2008, 08:03 PM   #14  

Megan,
I know what you mean about Bob. What is it about him that makes him so attractive? It really is like he is your personal trainer and there is nobody else in the room besides you and him!

Tracy
drtlc1990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2008, 03:22 PM   #15  
Cecilia

S/C/G: 205/Check the Ticker/155

Height: 5'2

I felt really sick right after I did it the first time. Like headache and stomache ache. It only happened the first time where it was really bad? I guess it just takes some getting used to?
cecil is offline   Reply With Quote