Old 02-10-2008, 09:10 PM   #1  

Default Extra weight makes things so hard

Hello, just on a little vent tantrum here. I get so upset with myself because I know how this extra weight makes things so hard and if I would just lose some and do what I need to to lose it. Just got done cleaning a bathroom, I bet I could do it better, faster and easier if I weighed 100 pounds less. Up and down up and down steps picking up and putting away is a harder task. One car we have is smaller and I so ofter feel like I am stuffing myself in it and rolling out of it. I wish I could just peel it off, lugging around so much extra is overall just harder. I know how I got here and I know what I need to do, I just gotta do it! OK-now I feel a little better.
lovemylabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2008, 09:16 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 257/219/145

Do you have a goal you are working toward? It helps me to set a specific, reasonable goal, and then write down exactly what I'm going to do on a daily basis to get there. I figure my calories for the week and plan my exercise for the week, and always have some sort of goal I'm really wanting to hit. Thinking about the long term, how much you have to lose, etc. can really get you down and feel so hard and impossible.

One step at a time...what are you going to do tomorrow? Write it down adn stick to it, then write it down for the next day. You have to start somewhere, and the longer you wait the worse you're going to feel. Why not start right NOW with a plan for tomorrow?

And you are right, things will be easier to physically do with 100 lb less of you...but know what? They will be easier to do with 5, 10, and 30 lb. less of you as well. Just get MOVING!
Purplefirefly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2008, 09:36 PM   #3  
Maintaining :)

S/C/G: 215/117/120

Height: 5'4"

Purplefirefly is so right! The one thing that kept me from starting on this weight loss journey was feeling overwhelmed by how much weight I had to lose. Setting small goals and celebrating success really helps. I knew it would take a year or longer to take off this weight. That seems so depressing. But now, 7 months later - I am so glad that I took those baby steps in July. We can't change the past, but we can change the future. One step at a time. One day at a time. This is a journey - and it will never be as hard as it was today - we go forward - one step at a time.
You CAN do this!!!
CountingDown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2008, 10:45 PM   #4  
KharaarahK

S/C/G: 220/214/160

Height: 5'5''

I was just explaining this to my husband last night who always seems to think that the only reason anyone would want to lose weight is because we care what other people think and want others to like us, and why can't I just be happy with myself the way I am? It's nice that he likes me the way I am, but the extra weight sure makes my life difficult. So I went into detail about why being big can really interfere with the quality of life and makes even simple things hard to accomlish or at least uncomfortable. Not very easy for a skinny person to understand! That conversation with really helped me realize the true reason I want to get rid of this extra fat around my body. Thanks for reminding me again today!
KharaarahK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2008, 02:10 PM   #5  

Height: 5'5"

And I just want to add that eating better and exercising both make you FEEL so much better. Lugging around the extra weight is definitely tough, but lugging it around while feeling the effects of fatty, sugary foods makes it infinitely more difficult. I predict that you will feel better even before you lose enough weight to be easily noticed.
LaurieDawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2008, 03:00 PM   #6  

Height: 5' 8" on a good day

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovemylabs View Post
Just got done cleaning a bathroom, I bet I could do it better, faster and easier if I weighed 100 pounds less. Up and down up and down steps picking up and putting away is a harder task.
I know just what you're talking about!

Sometimes when I get down to scrub the bathroom floor it's a miracle that I can get back up again.
I can't clean my house as fast I used too.

The extra weight has made me ungainly.
I actually almost fell head first into my fish pond 2 summers ago when I was squatting down & lost my balance getting back up .
It was embarrassing
susiemartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2008, 03:13 PM   #7  
Do it. Be Proud.

S/C/G: 250/see ticker~>/130

Height: 5'3.5

I've thought about this. Every pound I lose makes life easier. It makes my heart and body AND MIND work a little less harder. ^0^
Reddalice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2008, 03:52 PM   #8  
Shrink Spot Shrink!

S/C/G: 324/324/215

Height: 5' 11"

lovemylabs, I totally understand!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CountingDown View Post
Purplefirefly is so right! The one thing that kept me from starting on this weight loss journey was feeling overwhelmed by how much weight I had to lose. Setting small goals and celebrating success really helps. I knew it would take a year or longer to take off this weight. That seems so depressing. But now, 7 months later - I am so glad that I took those baby steps in July. We can't change the past, but we can change the future. One step at a time. One day at a time. This is a journey - and it will never be as hard as it was today - we go forward - one step at a time.
You CAN do this!!!
This is great, CountingDown! Wow!
See Spot Shrink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2008, 05:26 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 250/210/150

Height: 5'7''

i agree with the others.
i was trying the other day to walk around while i was holding my daughter, and it was't easy...and she weights about how many lb i've lost so far...
what i'm hoping for is to take off all this extra lb and see how is that gonna feel
michellenew

good luck to you all
michellenew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2008, 06:35 PM   #10  
Have you had The Surgery?

S/C/G: 510/225.4/199

Height: 69.09"

What you need to realize, as I tell a couple of friends, it starts out tough. You really need to take baby steps, and work up the endurance. Trust me the walking around will become so much easier as you continue to work at it.

At the gym, I like to play around with the treadmill. I know the faster i go, the steeper the incline, the length of time will burn alot of calories. When tomorrow rolls around, I strive to do better then the day before. I make a game out of this.

Don't give up, it becomes easier
FresnoBeeDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2008, 08:39 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 280/ticker/140

Height: 5'6"

I'm always amazed at how much better I feel after losing just 10 pounds. I have more pep and energy, can move faster and without getting so breathed. At 15 pounds I can roll over without feeling like a beached whale and can walk up a flight of stars without having to stop to catch my breath.
I'm glad you brought up this thread. It's so important to remember these things.
missy3gal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2008, 10:56 PM   #12  

I know we'll all get there -- eventually and I personally look forward to so many things I used to be able to do -- however, I have to say I've gotten very creative with how I put on socks since I lost my ability to cross my legs without actually "forklifting" one on top of the other
shelby897 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2008, 12:48 AM   #13  
Incredible Shrinking Sue

S/C/G: 284/146/150

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Just got done cleaning a bathroom, I bet I could do it better, faster and easier if I weighed 100 pounds less.
Well, I still don't clean any better or faster! I have noticed that I fit in spots easier now...like I can finally squeeze behind the furnace to fix that crack in the cement without fear of getting stuck & having to call the fire department & I am going to see if I can now climb up a ladder to clean my gutters once it's spring.

On the easier part, I noticed that even losing my first 25#s made a huge difference. It doesn't take losing 100#s to make a difference...you will notice it much sooner than that. Really really!
suesully is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 01:08 AM   #14  
loving my beautiful self

Height: 5'5"

I love what everyone is saying.. it is so true, it does get easier the more you get into it. And you begin to see and feel changes 10, 15, 20 pounds into it. So often I feel like that point will be such a long time away, such a far distance... but I guess I have to keep reminding myself that the time is going to pass regardless... and 3 months from now I will be ecstatic about the changes I made along the way.
beautifulone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 01:42 AM   #15  
gonna win the thin!

S/C/G: 270/see ticker/160

Height: 5 feet 5 inches

Lightbulb

Quote:
One car we have is smaller and I so ofter feel like I am stuffing myself in it and rolling out of it.

omg i have a crx 2 seater..and i roll out of it every time!... i never thought about it but now that i have, i keep laughing about it. i cant wait till i dont have to roll to get outta mah cah!
math puppy is offline   Reply With Quote