Old 02-08-2008, 06:46 PM   #1  
Bobbi

S/C/G: 130/123/120

Height: 5’ 2”

Default Flat Belly Diet

Anyone on the Prevention magazine's "Flat Belly Diet"?
Bobbolink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2008, 06:59 PM   #2  
*~Sara~*

S/C/G: 155/146/127

Height: 5'7"

Post ??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobbolink View Post
Anyone on the Prevention magazine's "Flat Belly Diet"?
I've never even heard of it, i'm going to go google it hehe

Last edited by RoseTears; 02-08-2008 at 07:00 PM.
RoseTears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2008, 11:55 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 319/238/160

Height: 5' 6"

I AM!!!!! I AM!!!!

I started on January 21st, as of Thursday Feb 7th I have lost 13.2 pounds and feel AWESOME!!! I wanted to order the book, when I googled Flat Belly Diet I got to the website. With the purchase of the book you get three months free to the "website edition" of the diet. It is AWESOME!!! It gives you a meal plan, that you have the ability to change and still stay ON PLAN!! What's even better is I CAN see myself eating this way THE REST OF MY LIFE!!!
KateB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2008, 08:30 AM   #4  
Bobbi

S/C/G: 130/123/120

Height: 5’ 2”

Default Flat Belly Diet

Good Morning Kate!
I see you posted an answer to my question. I hope eventually they will add a permanent "Flat Belly" thread, maybe after more people go on this plan. I joined the online FBD on January 4th, lost 6 pounds on the jumpstart. Then the next 8 days went off it completely because of MIL problems. She is 83, has early stages of dementia. She is good most days, but the week I went off my plan is the week she decided to wash some underwear out in her bathroom sink. She turned the water on, then went back to bed!!!! Yes, she flooded out her assisted living apartment and part of the neighbors apartment. We live in rural Minnesota too, about 10 miles from her. We were at her apartment most of the week cleaning up the mess, eating junk food, etc. I finally got my act together and re-did the jumpstart and haven't fallen off since. (I've lost a total of 10 pounds) I did buy the book but don't use it. The online site has all the information, I'm thinking of selling it on E-Bay.
You are doing fantastic, way to go. I spent some time reading through some of your posts. I see you're a dog lover like us, DH and I have been married for 42 years and always had a dog. "Charlie" is a beautiful English Setter who is the best hunting dog, whenever DH gets his rifle out he goes ballistic.
My tummy is trying to tell me something, I better start breakfast. Tell me what your favorite entree, veggies, dessert, etc. is.
Bobbi

Last edited by Bobbolink; 02-09-2008 at 09:39 AM.
Bobbolink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2008, 04:40 PM   #5  

A couple of weeks ago someone asked this same quesion. It's on page 2 in the general diet plans. Sound like good fats is the crux of the thing. What do you think?
carolr3639 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2008, 05:55 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 319/238/160

Height: 5' 6"

Bobbi-
I Love this diet!! It just seems to make sense to me!! I have two favorite breakfasts. One is a slice of of whole grain flax seed toast. I don't remember the brand off hand, I picked it up at Cashwise, it has 80 calories per slice. I put 1/4 cup avocado (MUFA) on the toast and hard boil 2 medium eggs I put those over the avocado and warm 1/4 cup salsa in the microwave to take the chill off then put that on top of the eggs. I usually have about 2 Tablespoons of raisin or a couple of prunes with this. I never get hungry in the morning when I eat this!! I think it because of the protien.

The otherday I found a recipe for Banana Rice Pudding, in an Eating Well magazine. I altered it slightly and I have wonderful dessert. I just top it with pecans for my MUFA. I use it as a snack.

I have made some slight changes on the plan. They talk about not eating in the evening. I am also working with a dietician and she has drilled it into my head that I MUST eat something around 9:00 PM. She has said a "Carb unit" apporx. 15 carbs and a protien. Sometimes serving sizes are different between the FBD plan and what she suggests. I usually go with the larger portion if I can stay with in calorie limits.

The other thing I do that is "off plan" is use salt. I started the jumpstart and didn't use any salt. I continued on the regular plan and still wasn't using any added salt, very limited processed foods, everything I bought was low sodium. I was exercising and sweating quite a bit. On day 3 of the regular plan I passed out that morning in the shower. All day I felt light headed and a little weak. DH took me to ER. My blood pressure was REALLY low. they did blood work and found out my sodium level was too low. I was seating so much and losing too much sodium and wasn't eating hardly any. So I do use the salt shaker...although sparingly.

Where about in Minnesota if you don't mind me asking? We have six dogs. Three cocker spaniels, two lab mixes, and a springer spaniel. I also have 2 kids, a boy and a girl, both teenagers. I figured out dogs were easier to train and less expensive!!! LOL!!

I will get you that pudding recipe...it is yummy!!!
KateB is offline   Reply With Quote